test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Were Replicator Permissions Nerfed?

aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I really enjoyed collecting chefs and bartenders to maximize my replicator permissions. For me, this was just pure completionism, a fun pursuit in its own right.

I am curious why replicator permissions were heavily nerfed last patch, with chefs/bartenders of many species and rarity losing their unique replicator permissions, including Tranya, Tulaberry Wine, Caspar Egg, and Plomeek Soup.

I would like to know - what were the devs' motivations for this change?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by aestu on

Comments

• happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm guessing this is a bug.

But since we're dealing with "Nouveau Cryptic" it's hard to tell, since getting any information is like pulling teeth. Through a knothole. In the dark. With a spoon. While you're handcuffed.
  • admbobadmbob Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I second this. I paid 4mill EC for a V.R. Klingon Chef-slave and now I get nothing... I don't even see my chef anymore.
  • aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    admbob wrote: »
    I second this. I paid 4mill EC for a V.R. Klingon Chef-slave and now I get nothing... I don't even see my chef anymore.

A Fed Klingon chef?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So that's why my Guinan clone DOff could no longer offer Tranya.

Hoping this is a bug and not a nerf.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
    edited July 2012
    We'd still like an answer. Is this bugged or working as intended? If so, why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Anyone else notice this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2012
    All the special items added to the replicator by my chefs and bartenders are still available for me on my ship.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cusashorn wrote: »
    All the special items added to the replicator by my chefs and bartenders are still available for me on my ship.

Not on mine....
    edited July 2012

What special items are you eligible for? The bug/change seems to affect only blue and some green quality items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2012
    Ahh, well I might have to take another look. I don't even remember if I even had any special quality items to begin with, even though I do have purple quality non-human chefs.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    So did you take another look?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2012

wow, lucky you...
    After completing (and repeating for the crits) the Promote Culinary reputation and Extreme Bartending chains I gained several new food and/or drink items I could replicate.
    I lost them all after the S6 update.
    I'm working on doing them again to see if I regain those items.
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Probably another crappy bug that will never be fixed.

Guess the contract with the Ferengi was up on using these replicator patterns. :rolleyes:
    :eek:
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Did you guys file support tickets? I'll have to check mine, but I almost never replicate stuff...
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2012
    "Nerfed" implies that a change was made intentionally. I can assure you that is not the case with this, and we're investigating what may've caused this.

If any of you afflicted with this issue can provide more information, it would be appreciated.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've notice that my 2 chars with Blue Chefs can no longer replicate Livanian beets. I haven't noticed any other major changes yet. But I'll go back and look again.

EDIT: Rulian Mazen no longer gives the ability to replicate TRANYA!!! ;-;

Sekkoth is also missing: Thalian Chocolate Mousse(blue chef), Trixian Bubble Juice, Aldebaren Whiskey(both from Rulian)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • johhannejohhanne Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The one I specifically remember is being able to replicate tranya and I can't any more - I know there were also a few green things on my replicator but the blue tranya is what I miss!
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ... since getting any information is like pulling teeth. Through a knothole. In the dark. With a spoon. While you're handcuffed.

inside of a burlap bag.

next..?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    after lookign at what I still have, and the data file I typed up following season 5 release, I think the issue is that permissions for having certain qualities of Doffs are messed up.

I still get permissions for things like Bajoran and Cardassian food which are based solely on the species of the Doff. Tranya and Beets are based on Doff quality, not species.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    "Nerfed" implies that a change was made intentionally. I can assure you that is not the case with this, and we're investigating what may've caused this.

If any of you afflicted with this issue can provide more information, it would be appreciated.

Good to know. :)
    after lookign at what I still have, and the data file I typed up following season 5 release, I think the issue is that permissions for having certain qualities of Doffs are messed up.

I still get permissions for things like Bajoran and Cardassian food which are based solely on the species of the Doff. Tranya and Beets are based on Doff quality, not species.

Seems to fit with what I have seen. I know my Saurian brandy was based on doff quality, as was Ferengi food, and both are missing now. Maybe adding the new 'ultra-rare' and unique qualities changed something? But that's just my speculation, and I know that doesn't help as much as facts and observations.

I'll confirm that bajoran food and cardassian kanar are still available for me, as well as Bolian souffle, Chateau Picard, banana split, Idanian pudding, and Jimbalian fudge.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Sooo more raw data from my KDF Tac, Beltran:
    Bartenders:
    common: Gorn, Klingon, Nausicaan, Orion
    Uncommon: Klingon, Lethean
    Rare: Klingon
    Very Rare: Ferengi

What does this amazing assortment provide? Apparently nothing... But the way it was before I should get Bloodwine and Tranya along with a few other things.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • admbobadmbob Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    aestu wrote: »
    A Fed Klingon chef?

Nope she is a KDF chef that I use as a kitchen slave. Worked great until it didn't. I did finally find her in my roster but still no go on the perms I used to have. None for the Ferengi either.
    edited July 2012

Thanks for the response. Relieved, to be sure.

I am still getting all my white and green entries beginning with the letters A, B, and C. Removing doffs and putting them on the exchange does not seem to allow subsequent letters to be replicated, so the problem does not seem to be a numerical cap. This remains constant even between load screens after listing or removing a doff from the XC (thereby adding or removing its permissions).

It is probable that this bug is somehow connected with the bug in the UI/scripting causing unique items from vendors and the Z-store to be replicable, in that it may be attributable to some sort of issue with the UI running out of whatever resource loads character item permissions and non-permissions. However, the Z-store/vendor bug appears to express randomly from load to load, whereas this bug expresses consistently.

I do notice that the unique item bug seems to express more when I beam to SFC or Earth orbit than at another times, suggesting it may be memory related. After a loading screen, I sometimes am able to obtain an additional TR-116A rifle from the Z-store, but not other items; except once, I was able to obtain a second Point Defense console. I was at DS9 when that bug occurred, corroborating the theory that the problem is that some aspect of the UI is running out of memory.

I am not a programmer, but I do possess very high intelligence; my impression that the problem is some aspect the UI hitting its memory cap is merely my layman's reasoning.

Perhaps a sensible place to begin debugging would be to analyze exactly in what order the UI loads the permissions?
    admbob wrote: »
    Nope she is a KDF chef that I use as a kitchen slave. Worked great until it didn't. I did finally find her in my roster but still no go on the perms I used to have. None for the Ferengi either.
    I see. I've been looking to acquire a Fed Klingon chef/bartender (I know they exist, they're just horribly rare).

I also am (still) looking to buy Vorta and Aenar purple chefs and bartenders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mcconnamcconna Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Good to know it isn't just me, finally got Rulian Mazan and she pretty much is useless since I can't replicate Tranya with her. lol
  • amoroxicamoroxic Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Before S6 update the replicator worked as stated here: http://www.stowiki.org/Klingon_Replicator_Permissions

For example i was able to replicate: Ketracel White having Dathan, Tranya having Rulian Mazan and a Blue Dosi Chef permitted me to replicate Tulaberry and Livanian Beet.

Now i can only replicate Tulaberry as if i had a Green Dosi Chef. Dismissed the Chef and i loosed the Tullabery so i think the system still works but is like is downgraded with one stage, Blue Dosi Chef replicate what a former Green Dosi Chef did. Special DOffs the same, as if a flag that used to be 1 to permit the replication now is 0.

Thats my 2 cents on the matter, hope this will be fixed soon cuz without it is near impossible to finish the Cullinary Credentials and Extreme Bartendering chains.

Cheers
  • terrahammerterrahammer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    When I noticed that I had lost my permissions a few weeks back, I submitted a ticket and four days later got a response. After providing more information I was basically told "nothing I can do, send it as a bug" (which I did). I haven't played much in the mean time and I was hoping the situation would be resolved when I returned. Obviously not.

I think all I lost were liv beets, tranya, and aldeb whiskey. I know it's not much but those permissions were something I had earned and having them arbitrarily stripped away with no care or explanation puts the entire system in question. It would be nice to at least see some sort of acknowledgment that there is an issue and that it is being addressed.
  • stherosthero Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I've notice that my 2 chars with Blue Chefs can no longer replicate Livanian beets. I haven't noticed any other major changes yet. But I'll go back and look again.

EDIT: Rulian Mazen no longer gives the ability to replicate TRANYA!!! ;-;

I am facing the same problem. I need 2 Livanian Beets for the Kalandra Surprise doff assignment. I have a blue chef doff, which according to stowiki, can replicate Livanian Beets, but that is not the case as of now.

Please sort out the issue ASAP! thanks!
    Resistance is Futile.

You Will be Assimilated.

Assimilation is the Key to Happiness.
    :D
  • coxanlcoxanl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sthero wrote: »
    I am facing the same problem. I need 2 Livanian Beets for the Kalandra Surprise doff assignment. I have a blue chef doff, which according to stowiki, can replicate Livanian Beets, but that is not the case as of now.

Please sort out the issue ASAP! thanks!

Exactly the same situation here. All the other items for the Kalandra Surprise I obtained through drops and vendors, but the Livanian Beet seems impossible to get. Not even on the exchange does it appear.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I too have noticed that my KDF character's no longer is able to replicate Bloodwine. Whereas before, I was able to do so when I visited my bartender.

Would love to have this feature back.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    edited August 2012
    yeah, it's pretty bad. :( I still have a feew stockpiled though. If you see me in game ask me.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.