test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Oh, the irony....

boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Ten Forward
So I was playing today, trying to scrounge enough stuff to fill up the starbase mission requirements, when I notice a lot of fleet invite spam going on. Not wanting to miss out on the fun, I send out an invite for my own fleet (its just me and 4 of my alts) called the Anti-Social Fleet of One. Only, since its an anti-social fleet, I specifically state that I am not looking for casual, fun players to join my fleet, I don't offer tips to new players, I don't have Vent, and no - don't PM me for an invite.

Well, guess a lot of people were as tired of the fleet invites as I was and didn't find my attempt at humor funny because enough people ignored me to get me silenced for 24 hours.

So, for those that PM'd me really wanting to join the Anti-Social Fleet of One, I didn't respond not because I am actually real-world anti-social. I didn't respond because I was mob-ruled into being officially STO anti-social. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by boglejam73 on

Comments

• Options
    zodiemishzodiemish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    So I was playing today, trying to scrounge enough stuff to fill up the starbase mission requirements, when I notice a lot of fleet invite spam going on. Not wanting to miss out on the fun, I send out an invite for my own fleet (its just me and 4 of my alts) called the Anti-Social Fleet of One. Only, since its an anti-social fleet, I specifically state that I am not looking for casual, fun players to join my fleet, I don't offer tips to new players, I don't have Vent, and no - don't PM me for an invite.

Well, guess a lot of people were as tired of the fleet invites as I was and didn't find my attempt at humor funny because enough people ignored me to get me silenced for 24 hours.

So, for those that PM'd me really wanting to join the Anti-Social Fleet of One, I didn't respond not because I am actually real-world anti-social. I didn't respond because I was mob-ruled into being officially STO anti-social. :D

LOL. that is an awesome story. very ironic indeed. lol
  • Options
    nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Lol I wouldn't have reported your joke! :P

I wish I saw the chat's reaction :cool:
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Heh... clever. Sometimes having a massive fleet name above your head makes life a whole lot easier.

Sometimes.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At least you could still chat with all your friends :P
  • Options
    waveofthefuturewaveofthefuture Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Being in a fleet is like having a girlfriend. Once you have one, no one bothers you (generally), but as soon as you "break up" theres all these people (fleets) trying to get you. Lol
  • Options
    kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Being in a fleet is like having a girlfriend. Once you have one, no one bothers you (generally), but as soon as you "break up" theres all these people (fleets) trying to get you. Lol

Does this apply even if fleets don't generally find you attractive? What i you get married?
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor