test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 14, 2012)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Saturday, July 14th, at Midnight/ 12AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• zechovzechov Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Will this patch for the game bring back the Foundry? I have been waiting since yesterday for editing to return. As many other players also have been wondering, I decided to ask this question to see what's going on.
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    zechov wrote: »
    Will this patch for the game bring back the Foundry? I have been waiting since yesterday for editing to return. As many other players also have been wondering, I decided to ask this question to see what's going on.

Shakes the Patch Notes Magic 8 Ball...."Doesn't look good"

All it says is server stability improvements..not anything about the foundry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What exactly are these "General server stability improvements" ?

For 2.5 years, i've seen these notes posted at random intervals, and still it appears that the server is just as UNSTABLE as it always has been. Especially around "Season" launches.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Please tell me general stability means un-TRIBBLE up the Exchange?
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i am hoping it means not getting booted from game 7 times in one evening.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    at last they will be doing this while i am in bed , better time tbh than they normally do :D
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • kezfaboolkezfabool Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I know I would like to see the console you need to access for the Klingon lore quest to be useable again so I can do those quests again...

... would that count as server stability? Fixing the code that was working fine before you added the new season?
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    at last they will be doing this while i am in bed , better time tbh than they normally do :D

Clearly your bed is not in Europe lol

Cant wait till season 6 will be playable.
    I have a fleet for traders and we needed that exchange to make ec .The exchange is not working ,we get SNRs or maintenances every few hours :(
  • admiralsteeleadmiralsteele Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    you put a server shutdown on schedule for saturday??? keeping up with traditions eh?
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hopefully this will fix the little matter of some of us crashing on login.

EDIT: Dagnabbit, I just jinxed it, didn't I? >.<
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Joint Date: June 1908

Wait!!!! What?!?!
  • paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    you put a server shutdown on schedule for saturday??? keeping up with traditions eh?

no tradition was to run the servers til the hampsters died in the wheels then it crashes and doesnt come back up for 4 hours without warning.
  • tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

they really needed to, a lot of important things not working atm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Saturday, July 14th, at Midnight/ 12AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Will this fix the KDF characters with the visual on/off toggle in their UI for Body Armor and Kits?...
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • archer586969archer586969 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Dammit, I just got a promotion and was on my way to Earth Spacedock to get a new ship! :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kanecabalkanecabal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For the Foundry people I post you this:

Sorry, the silence is unintended :) We mentioned in the OP that we will provide updates as they become available, but we do not have any yet other than the post made yesterday. We're not quite ready to bring the Foundry back online yet, but please know we want to ASAP and will once we know everything good-to-go.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Lifetime - Joined 2008 - U.S.S. Kilimanjaro - Inner Circle
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,170 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hope this maintenence also sorts out the issue with the camera to. It reverting back to free cam all the time is so annoying
  • randolf2randolf2 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It lost my post so I had to redo it!

I just finished a mission just in time for maintenance. Now on to Drazona station after Cryptic does their thing. ;)
    Empress Sela, was assimulated by the Borg drone named Tasa Yar! :eek:
  • horgahnhorgahn Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was really hoping to see "Corrected issue where Duty Office missions were not giving Fleet Marks past 150,000CXP" in the patch notes.

You know, some of us are very technically inclined and would love to know what "General server stability improvements." means. Do you guys run the game's servers on RHEL? Is Hadoop somehow involved?

I wouldn't loose too much respect for you if I found out all the game servers ran Windows Server 2008 and IIS and you're just running Windows Update, but it would be amusing to know that.
    Go Team Venture!
    Wʬ  g+  f  t

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • randolf2randolf2 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just noticed my join date is wrong as I have been playing since open beta and have several alts. FED and Kling.
    Empress Sela, was assimulated by the Borg drone named Tasa Yar! :eek:
  • ramos40kramos40k Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It would be nice, if once in a while the americans get frekked, and do the updates in their timezones primetime...
  • inkaineinkaine Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    While there are still alot of gameplay bugs (Why didn't you leave Season 6 for another one or two weeks on Tribble? :( ), stability is really the most bugging for me. Being disconnected every five minutes, then stable for an hour, then disconnection wave begins upnew ... that was really annoying yesterday. +1 on the quick fix here.
  • brodie0854brodie0854 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Personally i was hoping they would havea fix for the Daily KDF Starbase Watch Officer Duty mission (the one where the freighter cargo list is blank) which cant be completed, and the contribution bug where you cant contribute officers to projects as it gets stuck on the transfer page.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Will this fix the KDF characters with the visual on/off toggle in their UI for Body Armor and Kits?...

Excluding the Gorn whose pants change into fed looking *censored*. Since when has the KDF had any visuals for their body armor or Kits lol. I suppose you were talking about not having any to begin with methinks (odd methinks is an actual word in the spell checker).

As well being most are noobs to the Starbase Contribution System and such one thing I have wondered is our fleet not so large is at 2k military but there are like no points going to the actual Tier of the Starbase. Do you have to get military, engineering, and science to tier 1 before the starbase hits Tier 1 LOL? Have been trying to make sense of it have 2k points in an area and says 1k needed to be a tier 1... menotunderstandthisatall...
  • stevolutionviiimstevolutionviiim Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is my second time playing and the second night they need to service the server!? games been out 2 years now and yet I read all about the bugs, players getting kicked of a butt load of times, and damn screen automatically minimizes RIGHT DURING BATTLE OR SCANNING! I think this is my last night playing.. The games great IN THEORY... Probably should have beta tested the TRIBBLE outta of it before charging subscriptions for like 2 years :cool:
  • blackysunblackysun Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    WTF a maintaince at saturday 9 AM in eu timezone .. WTF is wrong with u PFW ... come1 dont do ****y maintaince?s at saturday?s morning .. do it night of eu timezone players and stop beeing so ****ing nice to the us crybabys take some care about us eu timezone players too .. we dont need those us crybabys anyways .. -.- .. pfw u suck for a maintaince at times like this .. realy .. it starts to get annoying what u do with us eu and only always care about the us crybabys ... they will always cry and u pfw u wont get em happy .. there us-timezone players that they always cry is normal :D u should know it .. and btw if u guys suck with ur network connection and got login problems .. get better online connection and buy a better pc if this wont help ^^ :D
  • nadiakirknadiakirk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hope will be fixed the problem in exchange and in cure own injuries, or critical, major and minor regens will be useless! Maybe the borg have assimilated the server?:D
  • shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    blackysun wrote: »
    WTF a maintaince at saturday 9 AM in eu timezone .. WTF is wrong with u PFW ... come1 dont do ****y maintaince?s at saturday?s morning .. do it night of eu timezone players and stop beeing so ****ing nice to the us crybabys take some care about us eu timezone players too .. we dont need those us crybabys anyways .. -.- .. pfw u suck for a maintaince at times like this .. realy .. it starts to get annoying what u do with us eu and only always care about the us crybabys ... they will always cry and u pfw u wont get em happy .. there us-timezone players that they always cry is normal :D u should know it .. and btw if u guys suck with ur network connection and got login problems .. get better online connection and buy a better pc if this wont help ^^ :D

Why don't you read a book, exercise, learn a new skill or language, or invent something?
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    this sucks this is the time i just get off work and come home and get on before going to bed. now i have to wait for down time to finish.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    What exactly are these "General server stability improvements" ?

For 2.5 years, i've seen these notes posted at random intervals, and still it appears that the server is just as UNSTABLE as it always has been. Especially around "Season" launches.

its where they blow out the dust and the reset button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.