test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Old texture flickering bug has reappeared

daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
As the title says, the bug where the edge of background nebulas would flicker when you are flying through a system seems to have reappeared since Season 6 went live.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    kermit1013kermit1013 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ditto - I hadn't noticed the problem in awhile, so I was sorta holding out hope that it had been fixed - now, I'm seeing it again (most reliably in the borg red alert missions)

I'm not entirely confident it had EVER been fixed, although I suppose it's not impossible that the recent update brought it back - but it's more likely that many of us just sorta randomly missed it for a period of time

either way - still needs to be fixed, or re-fixed, as the case may be
    There is no correct resolution; it's a test of character.
    James T. Kirk
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree with Kermit. I don't really think it was ever fixed in the first place.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree with Kermit. I don't really think it was ever fixed in the first place.
    ...wut?

Check the screenshots I've posted here. They show the same location on Tribble and on Holodeck, both before Season 6 launch.

It was fixed. Or at least most of it was. Now it's back to the starting point, even though I posted a bug report while this was still on Tribble, in vain hopes that it would be corrected before Live release. Oh silly me...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Fixed? Hell no. I've never not seen it since I started back in feb!
    I need a beer.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've been noticing a similar issue on various maps ever since I first started playing. I don't remember it ever going away. It pops up any time the game can't decide which of two textures to use for something. I've seen it on walls, floors, nebulas, and a few other things.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree with suaveks, it was (for me at least) fixed prior to Season 6. I hadn't seen that particular problem for ages.

I admit I never noticed it during my time on Tribble. However most of the stuff I was testing was the new missions which are either ground maps or have clear backgrounds.

Once Season 6 went live, pretty much the first system I warped into had a nebula in the background and the issue was there again.

On a happier note, Season 6 does seem to have cured the problem I was having with flickering shadows, especially on my ship's hull.