test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Heavy SciBop (Hegh'ta Heavy BOP)

beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Klingon Discussion
Because I didn't want to fly a carrier and a cruiser was a waste of Science...

Edits are in red.
=========================

[Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI](rare)
[Disruptor Dual Cannons Mk XI [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]](very rare)

[Assimilated Deflector Array](very rare)
[Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines](very rare)
[Klingon Honor Guard Covariant Shield Array Mk XI](very rare)

[Disruptor Turret Mk XI [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]](very rare)
[Chroniton Mine Launcher Mk XI [CrtH] [Dmg]x2](very rare)

[Subspace Field Modulator]
[Shields Battery]

[Console - Engineering - Neutronium Alloy Mk XI](uncommon)
[Console - Engineering - EPS Flow Regulator Mk XI](rare)
[Console - Universal - Assimilated Module](very rare)

[Console - Science - Field Generator Mk XI](rare)
[Console - Science - Graviton Generator Mk XI]
[Console - Science - Inertial Dampeners Mk XI](rare)

Alternate for Graviton Generator for when I'm running TR instead of GW:
[Console - Science - Particle Generator Mk XI](rare)

[Console - Tactical - Disruptor Induction Coil Mk XI](rare)

Commander: HE1, PH2, FBP2, GW3
Lt Commander: TT1, C:RF1, C:RF2
Lieutenant: EPtW, EPtS2
Lieutenant: ET1. EPtS2

Alternate Commander: HE1, PH2, TR2, FBP3

(I switch commanders whether I want GW for STF's or TR for general mayhem).

Alternate LtC: TT1, C:SV1, C:SV2

General questions and other rambling:

Shields -- is there a better non-STF shield while I grind for EDC? (I want the KHG
shield, but I'm only about halfway to the mkXI version) I tried the Paratrinic, but
the regen is meh.

Consoles -- contemplating moving the Borg console to replace the SIF Generator,
then adding another Field Generator or Emitter Amplifier?

Possibly get someone to train EPtS3, then switch for RPS1?

EPtW isn't really needed for cannons, just none of the ensign Engineering skills really
"grab" me.

Maybe have only one Engineer with (ET1, EPtS2, EPtS3) and switch to another tactical?

Comments

• Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited June 2012
    Why run anything but Sci consoles in Sci for PvE? I think Engineering armor consoles are overrated for low durability, high output ships. I run Borg, RCS (moar turning!), and EPS for power level switches to run sci/switch back to guns. Survival through superior firepower.

I run as much Graviton as I feel like in Sci slots, plus an Inertial Dampener most of the time to lessen Tractor spam. Sometimes I throw in a Particle Generator.

Engineering as Lt Commander? Do you want to live forever? Buy a Kar'fi, turn faster than the Vo'quv. At least run a Lt Comm Tac so you get a nicer CSV for when you Grav Well Nanites into bunches.

Also, why sacrifice forward firepower for the Hargh'peng? You're a Disruptor boat, and only the front can mount DHCs or DBBs, so why run a slow-loading Hargh'peng?

On my Defiant Retrofit, I mount my sole Torpedo in an Aft spot. (Plasma, for High Yield goodness). For the 4 fore, it's 3 Phaser DHCs, and 1 Phaser DBB. And on that ship, there's no room for Lt.Com Engineering, just like the Qin Raptor, so it forces you to focus. I love it.

Personally, I run Omega for the Tetryon Glider because it's more DPS. I run KHG for more weapon power, and I ignore the Borg bonuses. Yes, I care about being hit, but I'm a Sci officer, and I'm not planning on out-DPSing anyone but the weakest links on any team... even if I actually do in some lame PUGs.

If I get hit bad, I die. I run a B'rel most of the time, so I'm used to it. My plan isn't to live as a BoP captain... it's to die well, and die hard.

Last, you're running a lot of Engineering. It's not my cup of tea for a Hegh'ta, but if it works, then that's great for you. ;-)
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    "Last, you're running a lot of Engineering. It's not my cup of tea for a Hegh'ta, but if it works, then that's great for you. ;-)"

I'm trying to make the transition from a cruiser :P Although right now I can stand up to a fair amount of abuse -- my main source of death is blowing things up while I'm too close to them. Plus, my engineers are cute (both of them are Orion Girls :D )

Looks like I have some missions to rerun for consoles and another DHC. Luckily, most science consoles aren't popular enough to suffer from the LOLWUT exchange pricing. :D

Will slowly edit the OP as I make changes.
    edited June 2012
    I can see the cruiser pedigree ;)

the PvP BoPs tend to run the engineering consoles since sci is on the worthless side, but I've always seen my job in STFs as crowd control... not survival. I run sci consoles for that. engineering just isn't as important as stopping the enemy.

in KASE last night, I died due to gate hate (while fighting probes too close to the gate) and stealing agro on Donatra, which I never want to do. I could count my lifespan in seconds during those situations. (we lost the optional due to being too slow/ conservative. none of the probes got through) I don't see how engineering consoles could have changed much.

if you watch me in STFs, I tend not to move in my Hegh'ta or Defiant, unless I'm being fired at. I get to the side with the shield angle that my group is working on, drop all speed, and fire everything. or, I hit the grav well on the nanite swarm, hit the 5-6km mark, and drop speed if I don't have too much hate built up from the Borg, then it is csv on the whole swarm. I do blow up from being too close, but usually while sitting & defending the path to a gateway. I really don't think I move toward the enemy. usually, I move towards specific points because moving towards the enemy means I can get caught up in their explosions.

I'll check over the new config, but it looks more like a Hegh'ta that I would choose for STFs (not that I am an expert or anything). you'd probably get more commentary from the Klingon fleetyard, though.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Quick note: Trying out a mine launcher in the back. Works in conjunction with Gravity Well besides being an anti-torpedo measure.
    the PvP BoPs tend to run the engineering consoles since sci is on the worthless side, but I've always seen my job in STFs as crowd control... not survival. I run sci consoles for that. engineering just isn't as important as stopping the enemy.

Right now this is mostly for STF's since I'm grinding for EDC's. Fairly effective at raptor chasing in Cure.
    edited June 2012
    Cannon Scatter Volley and Torpedo Spread. Don't leave home without them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKnPtNAh7Bc&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I can see the cruiser pedigree ;)

in KASE last night, I died due to gate hate (while fighting probes too close to the gate) and stealing agro on Donatra, which I never want to do. I could count my lifespan in seconds during those situations. (we lost the optional due to being too slow/ conservative. none of the probes got through) I don't see how engineering consoles could have changed much.

Yah, aggro grabbing can be a problem. Feedback Pulse doesn't help >.>
    thissler wrote: »
    Cannon Scatter Volley and Torpedo Spread. Don't leave home without them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKnPtNAh7Bc&feature=youtu.be

Right now I have no torpedoes :P (Though I might swap one for the Chroniton mines when I'm not doing STF things).

Though I do have the alternate BOFF with CSV.

Any advice as to power presets, anyone?

I've been using:

Attack:
    107/75
    66/50
    50/25
    63/50

More Shields:
    107/75
    87/75
    50/25
    42/25