test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has anyone else noticed...(bug?)

lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
edited June 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
That everytime someone wins one of those ferengi ships the messages flashes across the screen in German? It wasn't doing that with the bugs or with anything else. Not that its a problem, I speak it anyway as a second language. But still its a bit odd.

Keep in mind i've never touched the settings for text, announcements or anything else, so it can't be anything I did thats causing it

So is this happening to anyone else

(and yes I *am* sure that its just doing this with the ferengi ship announcements)
Post edited by lazarus51166 on

Comments

• beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    That everytime someone wins one of those ferengi ships the messages flashes across the screen in German? It wasn't doing that with the bugs or with anything else. Not that its a problem, I speak it anyway as a second language. But still its a bit odd.

Keep in mind i've never touched the settings for text, announcements or anything else, so it can't be anything I did thats causing it

So is this happening to anyone else

(and yes I *am* sure that its just doing this with the ferengi ship announcements)

It seems to be in the language of whoever won the ship, not your language.

I've seen Dutch and German, as well as English.
    I now know what "
    has received a Ferengi DKora Maurader" is in German!

Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. Straan@captainowen1. USS Potemkin
    NX-978532-A. Tra-Lan in the VKF. "the green dude"

I survived the forum massacre of 2012! Join date: Feb 2012
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As the above poster said, it is linked to the language settings of the person who won it.

An example of seeing other languages as a result of another players settings would be the emote text eg "Defalus sits in the captains chair" would show in local if I used the emote for it while a French player doing the same emote would show something like "Defalus se trouve dans le fauteuil du capitaine" in local chat.

If my French is wrong, blame google translate as I dont speak French.:tongue:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • husnock1husnock1 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I asked Bug, he has not noticed.

:biggrin:

(Full of Win)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It simply depends on whether someone has a German game client, or French, or whatever else language its being announced with.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I asked Bug, he has not noticed.

actually I have notice when someone playing the German or whatever language they play in wins that it shows in there language so no its not a in-game bug but just so happens alot of foriegn people are winning ships

BlkBugHunter

Join Date Dec 2009 archive post shows Dec 2007 ...whatever
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I've only noticed that message is TRIBBLE no matter what language its in...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    actually I have notice when someone playing the German or whatever language they play in wins that it shows in there language so no its not a in-game bug but just so happens alot of foriegn people are winning ships

BlkBugHunter

Join Date Dec 2009 archive post shows Dec 2007 ...whatever

Ok so he has noticed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    just turn in off it still gos in the chat box but not on the screen:cool: