test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Good Sign For The KDF?

kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
edited June 2012 in Klingon Discussion
I've been seeing a lot more Norgh BoP's and K'tinga BC's, flying around lately.

Are we getting more captains switching over to the KDF?
Post edited by kolbrandr on

Comments

• Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Why not roll a KDF alt? A player can have the whole KDf experience over with in a single weekend and still ahve time to get back to the fed things in STO.:tongue:
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited June 2012
    there is always a stream. I also see bunches of Miranda, Constitution, and other low-level Starfleet ships when I go through the Sirius block.

I doubt there is any significant shift to more players going primary with KDF.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I created a KDF character soon as I could. Been playing both my Fed and KDF when I get on. It all depends on what mood I'm in. I really hope they do more with the KDF, its a really fun faction to play that is for sure. I love letting the enemy taste my blade when they come in to hand to hand combat range.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    fullybakedbearfullybakedbear Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My first toon was a Fed tactical. Got him to 24 and started working on a KDF alt. Now I have 3 KDF, 2 at 50 and one at 40.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Why not roll a KDF alt? A player can have the whole KDf experience over with in a single weekend and still ahve time to get back to the fed things in STO.:tongue:

ROFL so true... Problem for me is I dilithium grinded for like 2 months straight and thats all the game after a year and a half had for me to do so now I'm like ok I'm a diehard star trek and klingon fan but you know this game isn't doing anything for me anymore...
  • Options
    gstamo01gstamo01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    @Roach, haha. We all lost our names, but your new name is best of all new names.
    You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online! :D
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ROFL so true... Problem for me is I dilithium grinded for like 2 months straight and thats all the game after a year and a half had for me to do so now I'm like ok I'm a diehard star trek and klingon fan but you know this game isn't doing anything for me anymore...

Now now ... Be nice. There is always blowing the Grethor out of Fed spawn campers. ;)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    edited June 2012

No doubt. Cryptic has lost that loving ridged feeling it seems...

Some may be our fault for the caustic replies and statements having driven them away as we voiced frustration over the last two years, other may just be that that they have trapped themselves in a semi-complete game with little direction and must milk the majority to survive....

Only Cryptic knows for sure and they are not talking about it.

Ietherway, I have to agree. STO no longers does anything for me as a fan of teh IP and the recent bouts of fed pandering by the Devs (like buffing new ships that don't need it to sell a product or the outright excuses of why the KDf can't be fixed) have just been the spittle in the eye of this player.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    genhauk wrote: »
    Now now ... Be nice. There is always blowing the Grethor out of Fed spawn campers. ;)

Even that has lost its appeal.
    Evidently the Devs want us to play fed or be dead.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Even that has lost its appeal.
    Evidently the Devs want us to play fed or be dead.

BAH .... I've turned to teaming with fleetmates and friends with us setting a few new goals for ourselves.

We've splattered a few assimilated Gorn on Defera in the ground invasion as well as taken to trying to up our best run times in the STFs (teaming them when possible). Doing this with my friends has given the STFs completely new life and sense of enjoyment as I'd forgotten what it was like outside of a PUG.

And then there are the dreams of launching back in a chair with toes curling in the fur of that mugato skin rug in front of the roaring fire of our hunter's bar on the forthcoming space stations.

No ... Our best days are ahead, my friends ... as I refuse to give up the KDF dream just as I refuse to become lost within a MEGA fleet.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    genhauk wrote: »
    BAH .... I've turned to teaming with fleetmates and friends with us setting a few new goals for ourselves.

We've splattered a few assimilated Gorn on Defera in the ground invasion as well as taken to trying to up our best run times in the STFs (teaming them when possible). Doing this with my friends has given the STFs completely new life and sense of enjoyment as I'd forgotten what it was like outside of a PUG.

And then there are the dreams of launching back in a chair with toes curling in the fur of that mugato skin rug in front of the roaring fire of our hunter's bar on the forthcoming space stations.

No ... Our best days are ahead, my friends ... as I refuse to give up the KDF dream just as I refuse to become lost within a MEGA fleet.

Your offsetting my embitterment. :tongue:

R.I.P
  • Options
    izdanizdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    All I have to say is this....

When I made my new pwe account. The official Star trek trailer that played on the side.

SAID NOTHING about KDF at all. Not a shot of a ship not a picture of a KDF captain nothing about a 2nd faction

That all I need to know about the future plans for the KDF faction.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    An observation .... Many KDF players began running independent as the great Houses (fleets) of the Empire slipped into the shadows as the years passed by.

We went from having several large fleets of our own to being scattered among the four winds.

I say it is time for great houses to rise within our Empire once more and for us to find new adventures together in hunting packs working together within these great Houses ... drinking bloodwine aboard our forthcoming starbases.

IF there is one thing that the last month has taught me, it is how running with friends and fleetmates really makes old adventures new again.

The time has come to set aside old wounds and not dwell on them as much as Terrans too deep into the bottles. It is time for us to move back out into the light and show the Federation players the unity of our ships and forces as we march through space in fleets of our own that become large enough that they be recognized on site.

The time of our rebirth is at hand, my friends. We just have to be brave enough to reach out and wrestle it into our submission.

Qapla' !

• Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wait. Rebirth ? That's X4.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
    edited June 2012
    Hell, if they wanted people to play KDF they wouldn't even need to add any PVE content.

Just allow open PVP through Eta Eridani, Regulus, and Pi Canis. Guarantee complaints of content would decrease.

If PVP was viable in this game, the KDF would have plenty to do. The PVE missions they do have, while not enough as the game is now, would be fine if we could really live out the war and splatter some feds in place of it.
  • Options
    ascendantlegendascendantlegend Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No doubt. Cryptic has lost that loving ridged feeling it seems...

Some may be our fault for the caustic replies and statements having driven them away as we voiced frustration over the last two years, other may just be that that they have trapped themselves in a semi-complete game with little direction and must milk the majority to survive....

Only Cryptic knows for sure and they are not talking about it.

Ietherway, I have to agree. STO no longers does anything for me as a fan of teh IP and the recent bouts of fed pandering by the Devs (like buffing new ships that don't need it to sell a product or the outright excuses of why the KDf can't be fixed) have just been the spittle in the eye of this player.

No way it's not the kdfs players fault for being frustrated, what ever happened to the customer always being right, we just want the KDF side fixed and finished that's all. It's sad when the Feds want something they get it, but join the KDF and nothing will change in 2 years.
  • Options
    krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Everything is still status Quo I see......

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    No way it's not the kdfs players fault for being frustrated, what ever happened to the customer always being right, we just want the KDF side fixed and finished that's all. It's sad when the Feds want something they get it, but join the KDF and nothing will change in 2 years.

Gads man, can I not at least try some humilty.
    I was hypothesing. As I said only cryptic knows the real reasoning of it all.
    Im just an old warrior waiting on the promised age.

R.I.P
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I enjoy my KDF and Fed toons.... the only reason I play fed more is because my favorite species is Ferengi...

I hope Cryptic/PWE understands one day that there is money KDF side... I've personally purchased more KDF ships than Fed ships over the years...

Fed: D'kyr, MVAM, Excelsior (3)
    KDF: Kar'fi, Orion Marauder, Dacoit, Draguas, Vandal, and Scourge (6)

May pick up a B'rel refit if I decide to work on my science torp boat in the future...
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nostalgia:
    The word is a learned formation of a Greek compound, consisting of νόστος (n?stos), meaning "homecoming", a Homeric word, and ἄλγος (?lgos), meaning "pain, ache".
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    A few fleetmates enquired if I had a KDF section.

What we did was move over en masse to the KDF faction and all of us are loving the ships, costumes (you get them all for free!) and the starships. It's a lot less boring and more entertaining and no conscience breach when you pillage that damn annoying ferengi :D
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    carmenara wrote: »
    It's a lot less boring and more entertaining and no conscience breach when you pillage that damn annoying ferengi :D

It's the best way to top off Operation Gamma. :biggrin:
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    ascendantlegendascendantlegend Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Gads man, can I not at least try some humilty.
    I was hypothesing. As I said only cryptic knows the real reasoning of it all.
    Im just an old warrior waiting on the promised age.

Lmao:biggrin: good on ya roach, all I'm saying is it sucks that the KDF doesn't get the respect it Deserves
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Made KDF forum signature. Qa'pla!

Once I head home I will post Hegh'ta PvP video :D
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ..... and the recent bouts of fed pandering by the Devs (like buffing new ships that don't need it to sell a product or the outright excuses of why the KDf can't be fixed) have just been the spittle in the eye of this player.

I think this was done mostly to appease PWE rather than Fed players, maybe they asked why the Armitage and Atrox weren't selling as much as the Ody bundles? Maybe that's the kind of profit margins they're expected to deliver now... Yikes, I hope not!
  • Options
    adon333adon333 Member Posts: 304
    edited June 2012
    I think this was done mostly to appease PWE rather than Fed players, maybe they asked why the Armitage and Atrox weren't selling as much as the Ody bundles? Maybe that's the kind of profit margins they're expected to deliver now... Yikes, I hope not!

As likely as this sounds, I reeeeally hope that is not the case,I cant afford to throw down 8 billion dollars on Micro Transactions in an online GAME.I f prices are destined to rise that much.. I will no longer be able to afford Star Trek O's C-Store, or should I say ... Star Trek O's Zeni Store?? <Apparently in the future China becomes the primary face of Earth's part of the Federation>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.