test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    *Her scans are inconclusive. She detects lifesigns but the tricorder and even HK can't tell how many or the overall size of the base*

HK: Statement: Something appears to be jamming scanners. I doubt it is from an alarm it may be a side affect of what they used on the door to fool our scanners.

*Serah tries to hold her ground but she's starting to slip*

Tara: Terrific. Ideas?

*Tora Ziyal. Mila gets Serah up against the wall and tries to pin her there, trying to get her arm up across Serah's collar.*

Karen: Come on, Ser', break out!
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    ryan218 wrote: »
    *Her scans are inconclusive. She detects lifesigns but the tricorder and even HK can't tell how many or the overall size of the base*

HK: Statement: Something appears to be jamming scanners. I doubt it is from an alarm it may be a side affect of what they used on the door to fool our scanners.

*Tora Ziyal. Mila gets Serah up against the wall and tries to pin her there, trying to get her arm up across Serah's collar.*

HK: Query: Perhaps we should find someone and... ask nicely?

*Serah kicks hard, trying her best to get out of the pin*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.

HK: Query: Perhaps we should find someone and... ask nicely?

*Serah kicks hard, trying her best to get out of the pin*

Tara: That was sarcasm, right?

*Tora Ziyal. Mila backs off.*
    HK: Statement: Affirmative. *he sounds amused*

*Serah pants a little, not quite used to fighting like this*
    HK: Statement: Affirmative. *he sounds amused*

*Serah pants a little, not quite used to fighting like this*

Mila *panting*: Not used to brawling, huh?

*Daemon Base. Tara shakes her head, before walking down one of the corridors.*
    OoC: Woops typed up my reply then forgot to hit post.

*HK follows close behind her. At the end of the hallway they see two doors on each side of the end and at the very end there is a strange looking Alien using a console, oblivious to them. Its an elachi elite but certainly such a strange alien has never been seen by Tara or any governments for hundreds of years or atleast not any that lived to tell about them*

Serah: *shakes her head* Not really... I've never been as much of a fighter.

*HK follows close behind her. At the end of the hallway they see two doors on each side of the end and at the very end there is a strange looking Alien using a console, oblivious to them. Its an elachi elite but certainly such a strange alien has never been seen by Tara or any governments for hundreds of years or atleast not any that lived to tell about them*

*Tara stops HK and they turn to go down the other hallway.

Tora Ziyal.*

Mila *panting*: Fair enough... You sure you wanna keep this up?

Tora Ziyal.*

*The other hallway is the same as the first one only there is no alien at the console at its end*

Serah: W-well I might like a break... *She blushes as she pants*

Tora Ziyal.*

*The other hallway is the same as the first one only there is no alien at the console at its end*

*Tara examines the console.

Tora Ziyal. Mila relaxes.*

Mila: Deal... *She sits down.*

Tora Ziyal.*

*The console is in an alien language that she doesn't recognize and the buttons are in strange positions, designed for a species with significantly longer fingers. The display is currently just a readout of information she can't translate on her own*

*Serah sits down and relaxes before laying down*

Serah: I'm pretty hungry now...

Tora Ziyal.*

*The console is in an alien language that she doesn't recognize and the buttons are in strange positions, designed for a species with significantly longer fingers. The display is currently just a readout of information she can't translate on her own*

*Serah sits down and relaxes before laying down*

Serah: I'm pretty hungry now...

Tara: HK, do you recognise the language?

*Tora Ziyal. Karen gets her something from the replicator.*
    HK: Statement: Negative Master. There is one reference in an ancient federation database from the federation in the 22nd century from a Captain Archer describing an Alien similar to the one in the other hallway but I can't find any records describing a language like this in any database.

Serah: Thanks Karen. *she smiles softly as she looks up at her*
    HK: Statement: Negative Master. There is one reference in an ancient federation database from the federation in the 22nd century from a Captain Archer describing an Alien similar to the one in the other hallway but I can't find any records describing a language like this in any database.

Serah: Thanks Karen. *she smiles softly as she looks up at her*

Tara: As in the Captain Archer?

You got any ideas?

*Tora Ziyal. Karen smiles and kisses her on the cheek.*

Karen: No problem.
    HK: Statement: Affirmative. According to his report the aliens didn't speak at all and instead used recorded versions of the Enterprise's messages that were altered in order to communicate. Its possible this is their written language on the console but it also means interrogating one of those... Shroom Heads isn't likely to get us any information. We might be able to translate the console into a more familiar language but doing so might alert the base. Given enough time I might be able to interface with the computer and simply learn the language but it could take a while.

Serah: So how'd I do? *She sips her drink*
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    After about 20 min unsc forces have retaken the research base and surrounding space.

Xea: send my thanks to the battle group in orbit. Alright let's start getting everything reaecured and find out what's missing.

Odst: yes sir.

New Arcadia

Sheridan: so everything is safe then

Hammond: yes the facility is back fully understand unsc control.

Sheridan: what where they after though.

Virsio: we aren't fully sure yet. ONI is looking into it though and will question the survivors .
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    HK: Statement: Affirmative. According to his report the aliens didn't speak at all and instead used recorded versions of the Enterprise's messages that were altered in order to communicate. Its possible this is their written language on the console but it also means interrogating one of those... Shroom Heads isn't likely to get us any information. We might be able to translate the console into a more familiar language but doing so might alert the base. Given enough time I might be able to interface with the computer and simply learn the language but it could take a while.

Tara: Okay, let's try the turbolift first...

*Tora Ziyal.*

Karen: You were amazing. *Smiles.*

*Tora Ziyal.*

*HK nods and leads the way back to the turbolift*

Serah: I was? *she blushes and looks surprised*

*Tora Ziyal.*

Karen: Yeah. I mean, you did about as well as I could, and I've fought Mila... *she trails off, counting with her fingers.*

Mila: How are you defining 'fight'? Because I only remember a few times where you 'fought' me - the rest were you trying to throw a punch and me tossing you on your TRIBBLE.

*Karen mouths her words back mockingly.*

Karen: Yeah, and those would be the reasons I learned to fight a lot harder with you.

*Daemon Base. They get to the turbolift and Tara taps a random control on the panel.*

*Tora Ziyal.*

Karen: Yeah. I mean, you did about as well as I could, and I've fought Mila... *she trails off, counting with her fingers.*

Mila: How are you defining 'fight'? Because I only remember a few times where you 'fought' me - the rest were you trying to throw a punch and me tossing you on your TRIBBLE.

Karen: Yeah, and those would be the reasons I learned to fight a lot harder with you.

*Daemon Base. They get to the turbolift and Tara taps a random control on the panel.*

Serah: *she laughs* I didn't really have any kind of rivalry like you two have.

*HK waits patiently and elevator music begins to play as the turbolift goes all the way down to the lower floors opening up to a room filled with a strange gas on the floor and crates for storage*

*Tora Ziyal.*

Serah: *she laughs* I didn't really have any kind of rivalry like you two have.

*HK waits patiently and elevator music begins to play as the turbolift goes all the way down to the lower floors opening up to a room filled with a strange gas on the floor and crates for storage*

Mila: Doesn't rivalry imply we had a mutual competition?

Karen: Oh, you mean you didn't enjoy the TRIBBLE-kickings you gave me?

Mila: I didn't say that. *Smiles teasingly.*

*Daemon Base. Tara quickly raises her arm to cover her mouth and nose, holding her tricorder out to scan the gas.*
    *The gas isn't very toxic but she'll likely be forced into coughing fits if she breathes in too much but it will take a lot of exposure to harm her. The gas has a surprisingly large amount of fungal spores in it of some unknown fungal species. HK is unaffected by it*

Serah: I'm sure Karen gave you a fair share of butt kickings.
    *The gas isn't very toxic but she'll likely be forced into coughing fits if she breathes in too much but it will take a lot of exposure to harm her. The gas has a surprisingly large amount of fungal spores in it of some unknown fungal species. HK is unaffected by it*

Tara: Oh, you're kidding me...

*She compares the readings to Fiona's Fazon readings.

Tora Ziyal. Mila smiles.*

Mila: If by 'fair share', you mean none!

*Karen rips off her glove and throws it at her, Mila laughing.*

*There is some similarities to Fazon but Fazon is more of a parasitic nature and these fungal spores don't seem to affect humanoids on their own. Its possible that they might be a side effect of something with the main fungus itself but where as Fazon gas was lethal to unshielded humanoids this gas is mostly harmless.*

*Serah laughs too*

Serah: come now don't make too much of a mess.

*There is some similarities to Fazon but Fazon is more of a parasitic nature and these fungal spores don't seem to affect humanoids on their own. Its possible that they might be a side effect of something with the main fungus itself but where as Fazon gas was lethal to unshielded humanoids this gas is mostly harmless.*

*Serah laughs too*

*Tara slowly lowers her arm and hurries through the corridor.

Tora Ziyal.*

Karen *teasing*: Of her face? I won't.

*Mila throws Karen's glove back at her.*

Mila *teasing*: You got that right, K!

*Mila laughs, before Karen snarls and pounces on top of her, the two laughing as they roll across the floor.*

*Serah laughs too*

Tora Ziyal.*

*Mila laughs, before Karen snarls and pounces on top of her, the two laughing as they roll across the floor.*

*HK follows after her. At the end of the storage corridor there's a door to another room. The room is wide and long with rows of capsules lining the walls each one filled with fungal residue from something but none of them appear to be in use. More Elachi are interacting with consoles, silent and oblivious to the world*

Serah: careful you two. *she giggles and moves out of the way so she doesn't get knocked over*

*Serah laughs too*

Tora Ziyal.*

*HK follows after her. At the end of the storage corridor there's a door to another room. The room is wide and long with rows of capsules lining the walls each one filled with fungal residue from something but none of them appear to be in use. More Elachi are interacting with consoles, silent and oblivious to the world*

Serah: careful you two. *she giggles and moves out of the way so she doesn't get knocked over*

*Tara looks around discreetly, trying to avoid being noticed while looking for a way forward.*

Tara *quietly*: What are these things...?

*Tora Ziyal. Mila quickly pins Karen down and gets off of her, the two calming down, smiling at each other almost like two sisters with a competitive streak.*

*Serah laughs too*

Tora Ziyal.*

*Tara looks around discreetly, trying to avoid being noticed while looking for a way forward.*

*Tora Ziyal. Mila quickly pins Karen down and gets off of her, the two calming down, smiling at each other almost like two sisters with a competitive streak.*

*Serah smiles happily as she sees the two having fun together*

*HK gets some scanning of the capsules but there's no visual indication of what the tubes are for. There's two doors out of the room and the Elachi completely ignore them, as if they not only don't inspect intruders but likely don't expect anyone to interrupt them at all. as they move around a Daemon walks out of one of the two doors and walks over to an Elachi on a console*

Daemon: Got some new orders from Command. Start searching sector 729 for anomalies. Someone caught wind of an artifact there. *she looks at the Elachi and shakes her head* Yes yes don't worry you'll have more recruits soon enough I know its been a while since we brought some in for you. Gotta remember what the master says, can't do too many too often or we'll get noticed. *A strange noise comes from the Elachi and the Daemon sighs* Fine I'll check the environmental settings too, I know you like it damp and cold. *she begins walking out of the room*

*Tara's lungs are starting to itch and she feels the need to cough to relieve them*
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Osman is sitting in her office looking out the window.

Rotek walks in

Rotek: what's on your mind.

Osman: nothing more so then normal.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."

*Serah laughs too*

Tora Ziyal.*

*Serah smiles happily as she sees the two having fun together*

*HK gets some scanning of the capsules but there's no visual indication of what the tubes are for. There's two doors out of the room and the Elachi completely ignore them, as if they not only don't inspect intruders but likely don't expect anyone to interrupt them at all. as they move around a Daemon walks out of one of the two doors and walks over to an Elachi on a console*

Daemon: Got some new orders from Command. Start searching sector 729 for anomalies. Someone caught wind of an artifact there. *she looks at the Elachi and shakes her head* Yes yes don't worry you'll have more recruits soon enough I know its been a while since we brought some in for you. Gotta remember what the master says, can't do too many too often or we'll get noticed. *A strange noise comes from the Elachi and the Daemon sighs* Fine I'll check the environmental settings too, I know you like it damp and cold. *she begins walking out of the room*

*Tara's lungs are starting to itch and she feels the need to cough to relieve them*

*Tara tries to clear her throat quietly.

Tora Ziyal. Karen looks at Serah, smiling.*

Karen: You feeling better?
    *The Elachi hears the noise but looks at the daemon who just finished leaving figuring it must've been her.*

Serah: A lot better. Thank you both.