test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STOked 126 (series finale): Farewell Messages Thread

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
Folks,

As an integral piece of the final episode I would like to give you all an opportunity to post a farewell message here in this thread. In post production I will then layer in your messages and names into the STOked retrospective montage video or as a separate segment.

Feel free to post your thoughts and wishes or simply say goodbye to STOked, the STOked crew and Chris.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    edited June 2012
    You guys are going to be sorely missed. STOked as a video podcast was the highlight of my every Tuesday and I looked forward to getting home to the recorded show. I wish each and every one of you on the crew, all the very best for the future.

I'll still live in hope though that one day, STOked as we've all grown to love it, will return in it's video format. Until then... Live Long, Prosper and Farewell STOked and crew. :)
    edited June 2012
    All good things must come to an end.
    Luckily, STOked is more than just 'good' - so I'll keep my hope up for its eventual triumphant return! :cool:
    edited June 2012
    Thanks Stoked gang. Looking for to see the future brings.
    edited June 2012
    sorry to see the show come to an end you will be missed !
    edited June 2012
    Thank you to Chris and everyone who has worked to produce such great content. STOked has done more to keep me playing than anything else and I attribute that to the optimism that was core to the show. STOked will truly be missed. The show has made me a better player, a happier player, and most importantly, an informed player. Thank you for all the time and resources you put into STOked.
    Live Long and Prosper.
    edited June 2012
    Live Long and Prosper
    edited June 2012
    You guys stink ^^ ... Just as I started to like the show, you are taking it off the Air...

Have fun guys.
    edited June 2012
    If it wasn't for your show I wouldn't have started playing the game.
    I will really miss watching STOked.
    Best wishes for the future Chris.
    Regards, Starfish1 :)
    edited June 2012
    I've been playing STO since F2P and have been watching your show for much longer. It has been a great time and I hope to continue to see/hear from you in the future, in whatever form STOked may take. Live long and prosper.
    edited June 2012
    Hey Guys,

You have done an excellent job over the past 2 and a half years, My Saturday's will be missing something that will be hard to replace.

As the man said "Nothing Lasts Forever"

Good Luck for the Future and hope you return.
    edited June 2012
    Thanks to Irish, Mav and the rest of the supporting crew.

And of course to Jeremy and Chris for starting up such a great video podcast to begin with those years ago.

Can't forget Bryan either...

Good luck.
    edited June 2012
    Folks,

As an integral piece of the final episode I would like to give you all an opportunity to post a farewell message here in this thread. In post production I will then layer in your messages and names into the STOked retrospective montage video or as a separate segment.

Feel free to post your thoughts and wishes or simply say goodbye to STOked, the STOked crew and Chris.

Exactly why are you doing farewell messages when the message that was sent in 125 is that the show is just changing formats a bit? They spent a fair bit of time saying "Hey, keep listening to Stoked Radio because it will be the old familiar show with voices you know". Farewell is saying something else.
    edited June 2012
    CapnBludd wrote: »
    Exactly why are you doing farewell messages when the message that was sent in 125 is that the show is just changing formats a bit? They spent a fair bit of time saying "Hey, keep listening to Stoked Radio because it will be the old familiar show with voices you know". Farewell is saying something else.

Farewell messages because this is the end of an era. Up until the day before episode #125 there wasn't going to be any more STOked, in any format. Mav convinced Chris to let STOked live on as an audio podcast with a video special when required.

The STOked production crew will be moving to other projects - Chris will be busy with IT contractor work and his other shows, Mav is now a Trek Radio DJ and is very busy prepping for the Vegas Trek Convention in August, Foundry Files (Murphy, Ooiue & myself) are moving to Starbase UGC, Nikki will be moving over to a TORked revival that we're discussing and so on. The "band" might never get back together as a single unit.

STOked as we have all known it is at an end. The new format will be a new entity entirely and will share some of the production values and personnel but it's a whole new venture for the most part. An exciting one too. This thread is intended to allow the community some closure on STOked today. The new show is a tomorrow thing once the dust has settled.
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the great podcast over the years. I will miss seeing Chris and the gang every week. Good luck in the future and see you out there.
    edited June 2012
    STOked was awesome and I loved the insights into the game. I'll miss my Tuesday routine of eating lunch and watching the ULTIMATE STAR TREK ONLINE PODCAST!!!

Peace and long life. =A=
    edited June 2012
    Space, the final frontier. These are the voayges of the Starship STOked. It's mission: To boldly go where no man has gone before.

May the stars always shine on you, and make you safe in you continued voyages, wherever they take you and the crew.

Live long and Prosper!
    edited June 2012
    Your work in podcasting the game is one of the primary reasons I even go to the forums. I find that the video podcasting and reporting is something that made playing, looking forward to, and realizing content implications that much more important and without your show I may just end up getting bored of this game. I mean, really, when is Cryptic going to get its act together. They should have paid you guys to do the show...
    edited June 2012
    STOked has been a prominent part of my STO experience since before the game launched. Best wishes to all of you for the future. Thanks for the many hours of entertainment. Live long and prosper.
    edited June 2012
    CapnBludd wrote: »

I think its called trying to have your cake, and eat it.
    edited June 2012
    Indeed a sad day. You did a great show, and hope you will return to it some day ( two years ago, STOked was the reason that drove me to make my lifetime sub to this game). Since then a lot have changed ( and not for the good).
    Live Long and Prosperous!
    edited June 2012
    Because if the show is not with Chris most people are going to stop watching it. Hell we already lost JMan on the show and stayed, But I really think this will be the last NAIL for the show.
    edited June 2012
    Bye STOked. It's ironic. Last week was my first show I listened to. And you guys cancelled it. I really have bad timing.
    edited June 2012
    " Second star to the right and strait on till morning". We will see you out there.....somewhere :).
    edited June 2012
    Chris and Gang,

Stoked has been a ritual part of my week for as long as I've played, and it will be missed. The STO community is lesser without it.
    See you... Out there.

-Koppenflak
    edited June 2012
    Best of wishes, Chris. Thanks for over two wonderful years of the ULTIMATE Star Trek Online Podcast.
    edited June 2012
    Best of wishes, Chris. Thanks for over two wonderful years of the ULTIMATE Star Trek Online Podcast.

Obviously its the ultimate, its the _only_ video podcast around anyway :P or did i miss something? :p
    edited June 2012
    I discovered STOked a few months after game launch. STO was my first MMO i played, and STOked was the first video podcast i watched. The show immediately hooked me. I started to watch the older shows i missed, and ended up watching the show live on Saturdays. It became a weekly ritual.

You guys informed us, entertained us, shared a lot of "Trek- & Geekness", and even made the game itself a better experience in doing so. I would like to thank you all for that. :)

It is sad to see the video podcast go, but there is still hope for futuere special editions. In the meantime i look forward to STOked Radio.

best wishes

Ransom
    edited June 2012
    I tune in every week . . . I've downloaded nearly every episode past 100 on my MP3 player . . . I will miss tuning in on saturdays and downloading on tuesdays. Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into these things. I'll keep tuning in to STOked: Radio, guaranteed.
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for helping me get up to speed in STO, and becoming and replacing my weekly podcast listening. You have been a regular part of my life for 2+ years and will be missed.

Can't wait to see what the next generation has in store.

LLAP, Russell