test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ground Zero Mission...HELP!!!!!!!!!

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Federation Discussion
I must say I absolutely despise this mission. I cannot for the life of me get even close to destroying the Warbird before I get wiped out. Any ideas on how to beat this thing? I've lost track on how many times I've died. Help!!!
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The Sithesh is one of the few NPCs in the game that actually provides a challenge to almost every level of play (Not counting end game with STF gear). It's also the most complained about NPC due to the difficulty of beating it.

Three big things you have to worry about with the Sithesh.

1-Plasma torpedo spreads.
    2-Heavy Plasma Torpedo spreads
    3-Tractor beam

Get yourself polarize hull to get away from tractor beam
    Stay far enough away that you have time to destroy heavy plasma torp spreads, use beam array fire at will, or turrets as they fire much faster than anything else, or use torp spreads to kill them.
    Use brace for impact for the massive plasma torp spread he'll fire at you, it will greatly reduce the incoming damage.

Use tractor beam yourself if you can to lodge him into a single spot and pound away on a single shield quadrant. Some will say that if you sit to his left or right flank, he can't torp you, but this is somewhat difficult if you're using a cruiser. Be above level 30, that's one of the biggest things. Any ship below 30 won't stand too much of a chance. I tried with an Akira and got mopped around so much, I gave up till I could get a defiant at 30.

You only have to push the Sithesh down to 60% or so in the initial 2 encounters so if you can do this without too much trouble, you can finish it off on the third.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I equipped Tractor Beam Repulsor and Polzrize Hull and I was able to complete the mission. Thanks for the suggestions :)
  • manxelmanxel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks so much for the info.
    I start the entire game 4 days ago and I'm at level 27. I hit this guy today in my cruiser and couldn't get him below 74 %

Manx
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You aren't suppose to kill him at the first chance untill you get to Hobus 1 and beam down.

http://www.stoacademy.com/walkthrough/episodes/romulan/ground_zero/index.php

Here is vid a little sped up though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mThlD30ngBs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • joe359joe359 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How do you train a BOFF in Polarize hull and Tractor Repulsor?

NVM I found it. I still can't beat him though. I use the Polarize hull and he still kills me in one volley.
This discussion has been closed.