test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Challenge #2 : Temporal Loop

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hello and welcome to the second Foundry Challenge! :cool: These challenges will be posted every 6-7 weeks, which includes 4 weeks to make your mission, and 2 weeks for the community to play through all of the missions and cast one [1] official vote for a winner. At the end of the 2 weeks of playthrough and voting, a winner, based on a simple majority of votes, will be announced and awarded 500 STO Promo Points for the C-Store.

Today we start the six-week run of the second Foundry Challenge: Temporal Loop
While on a patrol assignment in the Pi Canis Sector, you intercept a distress call from a planet in a nearby star system. While the message is severely distorted, you can make out enough to know that the situation is dire, and time is of the essence. You order a course change and engage at maximum warp.

As you arrive, you attempt the hail the site that the distress call originated from, but there is no response. As you continuously try to contact the surface, sensors begin picking up a strange anomalies occurring in the core of the planet. Also, warp signatures leaving the system are detected. <blackness> While on a patrol assignment in the Pi Canis Sector, you intercept a distress call from a planet in a nearby star system...

*NOTE: Based off feedback from the past challenge, I have tried to make this challenge a little more "open" and "vague" to allow authors to customize their story as they wish

UPDATED 4/15: You will have from today, Wednesday March 21st, until Wednesday April 25th to make your Foundry mission and reply to this thread with its information in this format (this needs to be filled out completely by the due date/ time for your mission to be considered):

Mission Title:
Your @Handle:
Faction:
Level Requirement:
Mission Summary:
UPDATED 4/15: NOTE: Please do not publish your mission until the morning of Wednesday, April 25th***.

UPDATED 4/15: Starting on Wednesday, April 25th, around 10AM PST, the playthrough and review stages will begin. Only entries made in this thread prior to 10AM on that Wednesday will be eligible to participate in the challenge. Look for a voting thread to be made which will explain the voting process (some info below).

This is the author's thread -- only entries should be made here.
The Discussion Thread can be found HERE.
A link to the Voting Thread will be provided when that period begins.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

IMPORTANT: The rules may change from one challenge to another, but I'd like to let everyone know what the base rules are. These may grow as we move on (and have since the 1st challenge), so feel free to give feedback in the discussion thread about what should be added!
  • Each Challenge will run for 6 weeks. For 4 weeks we will sticky the challenge and let you make your entry. After the 4th week, the 5th and 6th week will be the time when the mission is published and reviewed by the community.
  • There is no right or wrong entry.
  • The background story should be the main foundation for your mission. You will put the player into the main role.
  • The mission should take only 30 minutes for a player to complete, but MUST not take more than 45 minutes. Error on the side of 30 minutes. This is to allow players to be able to play through all of the missions so they can consider all when voting.
  • In your mission description, opening diologue, and the last doilogue, please include orange "out-of-character" text that explains that your mission is part of the STO Forums' Foundry Challenge #2 -- do not include a link to this post, but let the player know they can visit the "The Foundry for Star Trek Online " section of the forums for more information.
  • Please keep discussion about the entries in the appropriate Discussion Thread.
  • In the Discussion Thread, feel free to write what inspired you and what your thoughts on the topic are.
  • Regarding Voting:
    • Once you have played through all of the missions during the Playthrough Period, please send me an in-game/ forum mail with the mission you feel should win this month's challenge.
    • Unless you play through all of the missions pretty quickly, I should not be getting votes until midway through the 6th week.
    • Reviewers can only send one [1] in-game/ forum mail to me to act as an official vote for a winner.
    • Reviewers can write reviews of some of the other missions if they wish.
  • A few other important reminders:
    • Please heed the Foundry's EULA when submitting your entry! This applies to any mission made in the foundry. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
    • Each author can only have one entry, no matter how many accounts they have.
    • After four weeks time, the thread will be locked and unstickied, as we move on to the next challenge.
    • We'll have two threads: One to post the entries in and one to discuss the entries.
      Cross-linking between these two threads is acceptable for these challenges ONLY!!

***If you are unable to push the "publish" button at this time due to timezones/ work schedules, please wait until the latest possible moment before this day/time. Also, if you need to publish your mission to test things, that is fine too, but please make sure to unpublish after testing is complete.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Mission Title: Death Clock 1
    Your @Handle: Commadore_Bob
    Faction: Federation
    Level Requirement: 16+
    Mission Summary: The Fleet Admiral is killed. But when you are time shifted you are given a chance to prevent her death. You must also investigate what is causing you to shift through time.

Bonus: Death Clock (KDF). It is a KDF copy of this one with all the bugs and issues it contains. My focus will be on the Fed mission. I will fix the KDF mission as time allows.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Mission Title: A Good Ship Goes To War
    Your @Handle: @sbcouto
    Faction: Federation --Shuttle Mission--
    Level Requirement: Level 41
    Mission Summary:
    A damaged blue box is found on a planet that is resonating a temporal bubble, looping time in on itself, slowly tearing itself from the universe until everything inside ceases to exist.
    Only a young human female, from Earth's early 21st century is found alive to help stop you and your ship from utter destruction.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Sender is: Published
    Handle: @Q400
    Mission Title: Sender
    Level Requirements: 31+
    Mission Summary: While on a routine patrol mission you intercept a distress signal, it is heavily garbled, and hard to make out. You warp into the system of origin to investigate, and you find something.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Mission Title: Sisyphean Ordeal
    Your @Handle: @Gingie
    Mission ID: ST-HPTJ83O6G
    Faction: Fed (With Possible KDF version)
    Level Requirement: Any
    Mission Summary:
    A routine patrol of the Psi Canis Sector bock is interrupted by a distress call from the planet Tartarus. A massive comet is threatening to impact and destroy the planet, spreading debris and deadly radiation across the entire sector. However there is no sign of any source for the distress call. There is something very odd about all this and a strange sense of Deja’vu.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Mission Title: The mission that never was
    Your @Handle: @G0tchas
    Level Requirement: None
    Mission Summary: While on a patrol assignment in the Pi Canis Sector, you intercept a garbled distress signal from a planet in the Seedea System. You order a course change and engage at maximum warp. Four days later you wake up in Sickbay.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Mission Title: Chroniton Effect
    Your @handle: @Crosfyer
    Faction: FED
    Mission Summary: You are on patrol in the Ha'toria system when you recieve a distress call. When you answer it, time unravels, and you become trapped within a planet's dust cloud. You beam down and discover a group of hostiles with intents of scavenging your ship, and forcing you into physical labor. You must destroy them before they destroy you. Will you defend yourself?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Mission Title: Boqrat Day
    Your @Handle: @Soriedem
    Faction: KDF
    Level Requirement: Any Level
    Mission Summary: While on a patrol assignment in the Pi Canis Sector, you intercept a distress call from a planet in a nearby star system. It's a Federation Research Facility. While the message is severely distorted, you can make out enough to know that their experiment failed. They require immediate evacuation of all personnel. With the hopes of stealing their research for the Empire, you investigate the situation and experience the Klingon.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hi Authors,

Due to the UGC publishing bug* going on right now, we are going to move the deadline/Voting date to April 25th. This means that you will have one extra week to put the finishing touches on your missions and publish them. Please see the updates in the OP of this thread.

*For more information about the bug, and information from me in regards to the team investigating, visit the thread linked above as "UGC publishing bug" and this post: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=4161331&postcount=17

Thanks for your understanding!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Grazorak City
    Grazorak City is a the greatest luxury resort in its quadrant. Owned by the Tellerite Duft Grazorak, it is a playground for the wealthiest and most successful people in the Galaxy. But what evils hide just below the surface?

Go to Earth Spacedock

This is NOT a combat based mission. I will make some of those later. This scenario is roleplay-driven. While it is possible to find yourself in a combat situation, no combat is necessary to complete the episode. Light puzzle-solving.

ID: ST-HBNC6RZBT
    Author: Woghd
    Level: Any Level
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hi Authors,

As a reminder, the deadline/publish date for your missions is next Wednesday, April 25th. Please do not publish them until 10AM PDT that day, or, as close as you can get to that time (i.e. if you have to work at 7am PDT that day, publish it before you leave for work, or the night before, or whenever :) just as late as possible, but by 10am PDT on Wed 04/25).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

EDIT: I meant Wednesday, not Tuesday!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    My submission:

Project ID: ST-HCFCM9FEB
    Mission Title: A Splint in Time
    Your @Handle: milesredria
    Faction: Starfleet
    Level Requirement: Unrestricted
    Mission Summary:
    A request has been made for Starfleet's aid in repairing satillites that secretly are a part of our military operations in the Xarantine sector.

Go to the Danteri System, in the Xarantine Sector of the Pi Canis Block.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hi Authors,

As a reminder, the deadline/publish date for your missions is TOMORROW AT 10AM PDT. Please do not publish them until 10AM PDT tomorrow, or, as close as you can get to that time (i.e. if you have to work at 7am PDT tomorrow, publish it before you leave for work, or tonight, or whenever :) just as late as possible, but by 10am PDT TOMORROW.

Also, all Mission Titles, Faction, Level Requirement and Mission Summaries sections of your post must also be filled out by TOMORROW AT 10AM PDT to be considered :eek: :) That wasn't in the rules, but I'm sure you all agree and understand why :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Mission Title: Reddo Undone (ST-HC8VRQURH)
    Your @Handle: @patchouli
    Faction: Klingon
    Mission Summary: Intercepting a Romulan distress call in an unlisted system, you order your ship to assist an allied fleet in a three way battle near the Maiewski System in the Pi Canis Sector Block. However, the battle refuses to end. Trapped in a temporal loop, can you free yourself and others from their own bloody past mistakes?

I got the itch to make a mission playing on a classic theme, and I almost let the contest pass by entirely with the first deadline, so I've decided to submit this at the last second. Actually wound up cutting a lot out, so I may rework it later after the contest, if I decide I liked it enough.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thank you to everyone who submitted their missions for Foundry Challenge #2! From today until Wednesday, May 9 at 10AM PST, voting will be open. Please see this thread for voting information.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The votes are in and we have a winner for Foundry Challenge #2! Check out this news post to see who won!

Congratulations to all! Everyone did a FANTASTIC job!

I am going to unsticky this as I prepare to post Challenge #3, but feel fee to keep discussing #2 here!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.