test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gtx 580 sli very low fps cards running at 33%

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Hi i had a long time to play this game and today i realised that my cards are using only at 33 to 40% when i play startrek.Im using the latest drivers as always.Why is this happening?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    STO does not support SLI :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I season 4 the game was playing a lot better with sli on.Now it plays like TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    STO does not support SLI :(

Yes, it does, (I was using SLI way back in closed beta - and believe me, you could tell when it was enabled.)

That said, you have to manually create a profile to get it to worrk and set SLI to be active on 'gameclient.exe'.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Armsman wrote: »
    Yes, it does, (I was using SLI way back in closed beta - and believe me, you could tell when it was enabled.)

That said, you have to manually create a profile to get it to worrk and set SLI to be active on 'gameclient.exe'.

Yeah f that.I paid lifetime so they can make it sli and not trying to find ways to enable it.I have many things in my mind to search how to enable it plus i dont want any third party programs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alblaze wrote:
    Yeah f that.I paid lifetime so they can make it sli and not trying to find ways to enable it.I have many things in my mind to search how to enable it plus i dont want any third party programs.

Unless you consider the Nvidia video driveritself 'third party software', there's no third party software required. Just a few settings changes to the default STO profile (if it still exits in the driver.) The fact is, unless a developer paid NVidia to create a profile - most games that will work with SLI require some tweaking and the funny thing aboiut SLI - in a lot of the canned profiles NVidia provides; they set what they call 'compatability mode' - which in fact turns SLI off.

I've always considered SLI and Crossfire a rip off by Nvidia and ATI in an attempt to just seel more cards. I used it back when it was the 'new' thing; and that's when I foiund that Nvidia at least defauklts to turning it off in most of their inncluded profiles; and you have to go in (usuing their interface provided with the driver) and enable it yourself.