test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Rhode Island for Dilithium?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Why is the Rhode Island and other refits and even Vice Admiral ships not available for purchase with Dilithium?
Is this something that just has not been implement yet?

Or is Cryptic going back on their promise of having all ships obtainable through gameplay?

What also disturbs me even more is that "all" the Vice Admiral ships are currently listed as costing Cryptic Points on tribble.
Does that mean Cryptic even intends to force people to pay or grind for months on end to get them?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    wrote:
    Why is the Rhode Island and other refits and even Vice Admiral ships not available for purchase with Dilithium?
    Is this something that just has not been implement yet?

Or is Cryptic going back on their promise of having all ships obtainable through gameplay?

What also disturbs me even more is that "all" the Vice Admiral ships are currently listed as costing Cryptic Points on tribble.
    Does that mean Cryptic even intends to force people to pay or grind for months on end to get them?
    That's a good question.

IIt wouldn't surprise me if it was the case.

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd say that's the real reason the Emblem Veteran reward needed to go, so people wouldn't get the ships too easily before the game goes f2p.

But it could also just be that it isn't implemented yet. Possibly it even has something to do with the fact that the C-Store isn't ready yet on Tribble.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    because it was never going to be directly for dilithium.

what they said is you use dilithium to buy people's c-store points in a type of exchange/auction house in game then use those c-store points to buy the ship in the store. so assuming it works ok, you can still get them for dilithium, there is just another step in the process.

vice admiral ships are also c-store ships. at the moment when we hit VA we get a token for one. now i have no idea if that token will remain. i hope and assume it will be that i dont know.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    It would be great though if a gold name could come around and assure us of the following.

1.) We will be given what we need to obtain 1 free Vice Admiral ship.
    2.) We will be able to grind for additional refits and Vice Admiral ships through in-game means as we do now, This method shall NOT involve trading Cryptic Points.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

what they said is you use dilithium to buy people's c-store points in a type of exchange/auction house in game then use those c-store points to buy the ship in the store. so assuming it works ok, you can still get them for dilithium, there is just another step in the process.

vice admiral ships are also c-store ships. at the moment when we hit VA we get a token for one. now i have no idea if that token will remain. i hope and assume it will be that i dont know.

"All" Vice Admiral ships are also obtainable with Emblems and as such they "must" be obtainable with Dilithium in Free 2 Play, since thats whats replacing Emblems.
    Forcing us to deal with Cryptic points to get them would be an increadibly bad move and very detrimental to the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Because everyone is going to want to trade CPoints for Dilithium.

Especially when C-Points will buy you ships at every tier and thus allow you to attain large lump sums of Refined Dilithium at every rank (by saving on ship purchasing fees) without having to auction those CPoints. Oh, and of course the best rewards are going to offered for STF Salvage and not Dilithium anyway.

To be frank, I don't see Dilithium being worth a damn under the current system. It's going to be CPoints all the way, resulting in laughable exchange rates. And we're looking at Dilithium being time-gated so you can only refine a certain amount per-day, so good luck trying to get ahead that way.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    i said a while back that the way we would aqquire all ships on the c-store would be by trading for c-points, and people said that wont happen. i can see the exchange rate getting a little too high, hence the gate on the amount that enters the game per day. i#this would be a little better if we could unlock a ship for a character, instead of account, at a reduced cost (e.g. 500 points for the rhode island on a character, or 800 for an account or something)