test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free to Play Female Run cycle.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Cryptic, here’s another thing that needs desperate attention before the game goes live in F2P. Supposedly our toons have been through, some of the toughest physical training, combat training and survival courses that the federation can throw at them, But can you explain to me why the women of Starfleet run as if there from a bad Japanese anime, with body motions that would make any physical trainer cringe.

Things you may want to look at are, motion capture of athlete’s, or Military personnel, to show you how the humanoid body should work, with and without carrying weaponry, failing this go back to the old run cycle, it may not have been perfect but it is far better than is being used at the moment.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I agree..

10 -billion % - I agree. It SUCKS. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE it. I carry a rifle all the time - not because I like them, not because I want to use them [ I'd use pistols really ] but because the damn animation is SO terrible.

Please, for the love of ... whatever you want! Just fix the stupid thing.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    To be fair, the only angle that the female sprint looks awkward to me is from is from behind. And that's just from how the arms and wrists look during the sprint cycle from that angle.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Don't expect it to change. It's the same run animation Cryptic used for Champions Online. I agree, it looks freakin' awkward, both from Starfleet officers and superheroes. It's not quite as bad as the TAS women's' run animations, but it's not great either.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think its kinda cute, but yeah, it looks strage. Maybe you could choose somewhere if you like the more feminin new run style or the older, more trained style?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    lol..i dont mind the run so much for my fed toons, what kills me is i dont wanna see my klingon woman run like a sprite crying for mommy..lol:D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    eg180 wrote: »
    Don't expect it to change. It's the same run animation Cryptic used for Champions Online. I agree, it looks freakin' awkward, both from Starfleet officers and superheroes. It's not quite as bad as the TAS women's' run animations, but it's not great either.

The thing is, Cryptic used to have a better run cycle in place for females in STO. And then they changed it to the current one for some reason. I'd just like the old one back as an option.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I agree. These are supposed to be military women, not anime schoolgirls.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Cephyr wrote:
    To be fair, the only angle that the female sprint looks awkward to me is from is from behind. And that's just from how the arms and wrists look during the sprint cycle from that angle.

Thats the problem, 100% of all ground action you see your toon from behind...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'm a Lifer to both CO and STO, and this is -NOT- the run animation used there. Sorry, you're wrong on that one.

And yes, the main issue is that it used to be BETTER than it is now. I want the old one back. Asked for it immediately when the stupid change went in on Live. I've actually not played STO since that change, because of how stupid it makes my characters look.

I'm playing to test the F2P stuff, and still hate it.

-edit-

They had the female walk animation from CO for the 'Vixen' stance in for 2 days, then changed it to this silly walk animation along with the sprint/jog one. I want either the original or the one they had in for those 2 or 3 days before the last animation change.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Why do they _keep_ removing walk/run animations from us..? Why do they just not give us a dropdown and let us CHOOSE!? Good grief.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Finally saw this 'girly run' that was talked about.

Earlier today, while walking between trains for transfer...saw a short lady with booted heels (high), did the same run, minus the arm swinging.

Recommendation:Please remove it. Or revert back the original animation.

Thank You.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, this animation is terrible. Please bring back the old one.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Eklinaar wrote:
    Yeah, this animation is terrible. Please bring back the old one.

In defense of the new animation, the old animation didn't suit all the characters.

However, and in equal amounts, the new animation does not suit all the characters.

What's needed here is the option to select an animation much in the same way we can select a stance. Then we can have a Default run animation, a Feminine run animation, and a Seductive run animation.. all things that we have been presented with.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Another agree on the pile, here.

They don't run like anime schoolgirls, though. These military trained women who are now captains of starships run as if they're four, and their brother is chasing them with a slug. Was the previous run cycle really that bad compared to this?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Carm wrote:
    I'm a Lifer to both CO and STO, and this is -NOT- the run animation used there. Sorry, you're wrong on that one.

And yes, the main issue is that it used to be BETTER than it is now. I want the old one back. Asked for it immediately when the stupid change went in on Live. I've actually not played STO since that change, because of how stupid it makes my characters look.

I'm playing to test the F2P stuff, and still hate it.

-edit-

They had the female walk animation from CO for the 'Vixen' stance in for 2 days, then changed it to this silly walk animation along with the sprint/jog one. I want either the original or the one they had in for those 2 or 3 days before the last animation change.
    Im going to second or whatever number Carm here. Watching my 6'6" klingon liberated borg female tac officer, who looks like she could flip humans upside down and pound them into the ground with her fist run like this is just soooo wrong. :eek:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    segma wrote: »
    Why do they _keep_ removing walk/run animations from us..? Why do they just not give us a dropdown and let us CHOOSE!? Good grief.

No offense meant Segma, but its quite obvious why this isnt done. Its Cryptics mighty game engine, wich would probably just choke and crash to desktop every time you opened it. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    IT can handle stances...it should handle 2-3 walk animations.