test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More DoFFs?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I got my starter pack of Duty Officers but I want more! The "Get More" tab under the DoFF system is empty... how do I get more?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    In ESD i got a DOff mission 'Federation junior Officer Cadre' which is a day long mission to get a bunch of new junior officers. I've got about 20 hours to go before it completes.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    hopefully you get some more doffs as you level up. perhaps a new batch at each rank up (commander, captain etc) assuming thats not already the case.

also i have yet to get here but do you get more slots for your ship and ground. ie more than the 5 you get at lt.cmd. if you dont i think it would be nice if the number increases as you level up to give you more options.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    In SFA I got a 1 day assignment to recruit some cadets, and a 3 day assignment to recruit some officers. Beaming up to Sol Space, I got a colonial assignment to transfer some settlers where the reward was 5 (iirc) DOffs and some Dilithium. It's important to note that SFA, ESD, and Sol Space each count as separate "zones" with their own sets of DOff assignments. Also, look for the higher quality assignments. They're color-coded just like items.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Posted this in another thread but I'll post it here too.

Just found a recruit (Purple) DOff assignment in BTran (VA) today.

It was "Investigate Temporal Anomaly" and only a 3 hour assignment. Took 3 Officers and was a 42% success rate. http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/treasurem_1975/screenshot_2011-10-03-20-03-54.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I also got another pack of colonists from a Memory Alpha system space assignment as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    What it sounds like is that the game needs to give better guidance on how to obtain more Doffs, having to hunt around for people does not replicate a well established organization like Starfleet. The Doff main page should list available missions for recruiting personnel (where and how).