test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The best underrated missions

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hey guys, as most of you well know, it's quite difficult to find new good missions to play. The in-game UI gives a fairly strong weight to missions that have a rating of 4.30+ in any language, which makes it extremely difficult to find good missions unless you get immediate positive reviews, and a lot of them.

I know that the Nagus himself has his marvelous sticky thread on missions that he personally enjoys, but I'd like to start one that's basically "the best of the rest", missions that may not be getting awesome reviews or are even that long or texty, but impressed you in some way that at least made it noteworthy enough for others to punch up the mission name in the search box and try it out for themselves.

If you have a suggestion, please give the mission name, faction, and a short description of why you think the mission is worthy of a play. I'll try to keep the list compiled in this main post if there are enough bites. Thanks guys!

Mission list:

"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Captain_Revo
Story driven, entire first ground section is optional with many easter egg type activities. Best played solo.

"Give Peace a Chance I & II"
FutureCaptain
Missions that haven't taken off but are worthy because of their stories.

"Spawn of Medusa I, II & III"
Duke-of-Rock
Cool scripted effects, interesting new enemy, combat & noncombat gameplay

"Old Wounds"
[Looking up author] - Klingon Faction
Story twists, more than just killing to engage the plot!

"The Best Defense"
[Looking up author] - Klingon Faction
Fighting two factions in a story-positive way. And who doesn't love Borg?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    As a matter of fact, I just played your mission "First Cause, Then Effect" and LOVED it! I didnt even see this thread until I searched for your handle to see if you had posted a thread for your mission, as I wanted to reply in it, but since you havent I just thought I'd tell you here. Great work; it had a real "Trek" feel to it :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I think good descriptions really help.

If the story sounds intriguing and it has over a 3.0, it's generally playable and appealed to some players (a good description may mean it appeals to you!).
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    i think the language filter is working now, at least for me, so give it a go.

If its not too presumptuous of me, id like to suggest one of mine. ive made some missions that have gone over well but strangely the one im most proud of is my lowest rated mission, so feel free to have a go at 'No Good Deed Goes Unpunished'. Its a fed mission, around level 31 i think.

It may not be to everybody's taste but its quite story driven and the entire first ground section is optional, with about 10 different things you can do, or just bypass entirely.

Best played solo.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well lol I will add mine own to this list.

"Give Peace a Chance part I & II" have both been well received by those who have played them but haven't really taken off. Being my first missions they are pretty linear. My third mission(which is the banner below) is technically my most complex [not including the forthcoming second part] and also has received positive marks, and yet has not been played much at all. Perhaps I am not writing interesting enough summaries for them. I try not to give too much away! As far as missions that are not mine, I would say any of Revo's KDF side need more attention from the community. They are just awesome. I also enjoyed "The Orb Provides I&II very much.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It's been a while but I finally updated the initial post. Please, if suggesting a mission, give me a little bit to go on so I can let people know exactly what the mission does that makes it worth playing! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hi Rogue_Enterprise,

I am going to try your mission this afternoon and from what I see in the reviews, it is a good one. I played a series over the weekend that I think should be on your list.
    The series is the Spawn of Medusa series.

I played all 3 parts and enjoyed them immensely. They are for Lt.Cmdr. and above and I had a great and challenging time running them with my Captain. They are about a new alien race from the past that have been awakened and are trying to conquer the Klingon Empire and the Federation. It is an awesome story IMHO and there are some very cool effects and awesome locations in the story. It is not rated up at a 4.3 like you speak of, but all 3 parts are at 4.14 and up to 4.18. It involves teaming up with the Klingons and is very well done. There is a very cool scene with a shuttle that I would love to know how it was done. I am new to trying out the Foundry and perhaps one day I will have a mission worthy of your list. I recommend it highly to those seeking something new and challenging. The 3 missions are Spawn of Medusa, Spawn of Medusa II, and Spawn of Medusa III
    by Duke-of-Rock.

I am also looking forward to trying some missions from the Nagus List too.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hey Myoplexxxxxxxx, I too have played the spawn of medusa series and agree that it's worthy for addition! I've included it above.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I played two missions by the same author

Klingon Faction

Old Wounds - The story sold me on this. Without giving anything away... I thought the story was going a completly different direction then BAM, it flipped. Quite a happy surprise. To me it was different than most because it wasn't just shoot to kill and win the day.

The Best Defense - This mission was different because you face two different enemy factions in a what I think is a very believable way. Basically ask yourself this question... what if a Romulan scientist was developing a type of defense to fight off Borg assimilation? And what if this scientist outsourced to the Klingon Empire? BEWARE, ALOT OF BORG
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Continuing to update this thread - if you've got more please submit!