test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emerald Empire 1: Revelations

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
New Klingon Mission - just published and seeking 5 reviews to become public. Level 16+
ST-HSX589WXA

Conflict between Romulans and the Orion Syndicate leads to some potentially destabilising information regarding the Orions and their alliance with the Klingons...

Begins at the Hidden Console under the stairs in SE Storage Room of the Great Hall of Qo'Nos.

Caught between the deceiptful Tal Shiar, and the cunning Orions, you won't know what to believe.
A combination of space and ship interior maps, combat, rescue and "who-dunnit" missions, including STO's most happening Nightclub - The Lusty Wench's Lounge of Leisure!

Contains Adult Content.

This mission is potentially (if well received and people are wanting more) the beginning of a deeper look into the Orions. Like many Star Trek races, they are not well fleshed out with lore, instead are relegated to a stereotype based on a few encounters of a few individuals.

We do know that the Orions had a thriving civilisation at a time when humanity was still living in caves and hunting mammoths. However, the Orions are only ever portrayed via the Orion Syndicate, a mafia style organisation. But what about the entire culture, their government and the entire race?

Its like stereotyping ALL Italian Americans as being part of the Mafia. What about all the Italian Americans who are NOT part of the mafia? What about Italy itself? The Orion Syndicate allying with the Klingon Empire is similar to the Italian Mafia helping the US Army in Afghanistan, ie, providing some mobsters on the ground, whilst the entire nation of Italy itself remains quiet. It could hardly be called an alliance between the Italians and Americans though when no Italian officials are involved, only a crime boss.

If you are like me, you wonder, how powerful is the rest of the Orion civilisation? What is their status and views? What is the relationship between the Orion Syndicate and the Orions themselves? What color do Orions go when envious? More green or another color?

The Emerald Empire missions are designed to explore the possibilities of the Orions and flesh them out somewhat beyond the "All Orions are slaves, slavers, pirates and criminals" lame, unimaginative stereotype fostered thus far. Admittedly the first mission is deep within the stereotype, but hints at more beyond, a dipping of the toe in the water so to speak. Should the first be well received and enough interest shown, I would love to continue to unravel the mystery that are the Orions.

Estimated 1 hour. Constructive feedback appreciated. Its my first ever foundry mission so looking to learn. :cool:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Is anyone able to review my mission? Its not too bad I promise!
    Its a mix of combat and dialogue and even a basic "who-dunnit", the dialogue is fine, and it does have STO's best nightclub in it for fun.

Level 16+ KDF

Cheers
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Psyberus wrote: »
    Is anyone able to review my mission? Its not too bad I promise!
    Its a mix of combat and dialogue and even a basic "who-dunnit", the dialogue is fine, and it does have STO's best nightclub in it for fun.

Level 16+ KDF

Cheers

I think my Klink toon is level 16. I've only run 1 Klingon Foundry mission so far, so if I can get it, I'll try
    it in the next day or so for you. :)

Duke-of-Rock
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I will try it tomorrow, check mine out sometime

The Ar'Gen Virus
    31+ Klingon

You are sent to destroy a Federation science facility and the Ar'Gen Virus which hidden in the Neutral Zone. But when it's almost over you find out a little about who is behind the virus and why.

Part 2... Songs Of Honor coming soon
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Can someone please search on the live server to see if this is now playable for all? I don't have a Klingon level 16 yet unfortunately :(

Cheers