[EVENT] PvP tournament!

Options
Enelimm
Enelimm Messages: 234 ✭✭✭
Modifié (juillet 2014) dans Official Announcements
Hi everyone!

Following the PvP tournament that took place on US servers, we are organizing one for Morai as well!

Please note that this is only a test run, and therefore there will be few participants this time. If everything goes well and you enjoy it, we will repeat it and make it bigger! So basically, this means the future of this event depends a lot on you :)

Here are the rules:

- 8 participants, from Level 100 to 105, competing in 1 vs 1 duels with a BO1 system. It would look something like that (please excuse my table-making skills :) ) :

Pvptourna.png

- No charms but the rest is allowed

- Participants will remain anonymous until the tournament takes place. This means we will not disclose their name publicly and you will be informed via private message on the forum if you are selected.

- Since English is the main language of the server, it will also be the main language of the event. It think this is fair after all the French-focused events we've had in the past :)

How does it work ?

- The tournament will take place on Thursday, August 31st at 18:30 CEST.
It means that, if you apply, you must be available at this time and hour. Please confirm it when applying.

- If you are interested and available, you can apply on this thread stating your character details and motivation. We’re more likely to select funny applications, so don’t hesitate to be original :)

- On Tuesday, we will choose 8 of you and let them know by private message on the forum.

- Then we’ll meet in-game on Thursday 31st at 18:30 CEST! :) We will let you know where exactly.

- Each participant will get a little something, that is to say a EXP stone and a Demon/Sage card :) and the winner will be granted 2000 ZEN! (20€)

We hope you will be many to apply and to attend :)

Cheers!
Post edited by Enelimm on

Réponses

• XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Messages: 26
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options
    hi enelimm and thank you for bringing the event to us,

but as pointed out in PWI sparkiesoft thread http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21567831#post21567831

a 1on1 event with that conditions (uncharmed and everything allowed)
    is not viable cause of current gameplay,
    uncharmed 1on1s with full buffs will give major advantages to a couple of classes

sparkiesoft turned the 1on1 event into a 5v5 event to fix the balance and it went well.

i believe you should try to rearrange the event with sparkiesoft parameters or i am pretty sure this event will have few to no attendance

i've already handled other pvp tournaments on pwi and i have a pretty balanced formula, if you allow me i would be glad to submit it to you :)
  • nioghthawk24
    nioghthawk24 Messages: 1
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options
    Enelimm a écrit: »
    Hi everyone!

Following the PvP tournament that took place on US servers, we are organizing one for Morai as well!

Please note that this is only a test run, and therefore there will be few participants this time. If everything goes well and you enjoy it, we will repeat it and make it bigger! So basically, this means the future of this event depends a lot on you :)

Here are the rules:

- 8 participants, from Level 100 to 105, competing in 1 vs 1 duels with a BO1 system. It would look something like that (please excuse my table-making skills :) ) :

Pvptourna.png

- Participants will remain anonymous until the tournament takes place. This means we will not disclose their name publicly and you will be informed via private message on the forum if you are selected.

- Since English is the main language of the server, it will also be the main language of the event. It think this is fair after all the French-focused events we've had in the past :)

How does it work ?

- The tournament will take place on Thursday, August 31st at 18:30 CEST.
    It means that, if you apply, you must be available at this time and hour. Please confirm it when applying.

- If you are interested and available, you can apply on this thread stating your character details and motivation. We’re more likely to select funny applications, so don’t hesitate to be original :)

- On Tuesday, we will choose 8 of you and let them know by private message on the forum.

- Then we’ll meet in-game on Thursday 31st at 18:30 CEST! :) We will let you know where exactly.

- Each participant will get a little something, that is to say a EXP stone and a Demon/Sage card :) and the winner will be granted 2000 ZEN! (20€)

We hope you will be many to apply and to attend :)

Cheers!

CutthroatKyo
    102 Assassin
    I am a Fine **** American noob on morai wanting to apply
    My gear is Sick, meaning horrible, i know i won't survive
    but hey i can make a good laugh while i am alive
    im pretty well known as the guy who drops dead
    My motivation is pretty simple, be a clown and hope to survive the first round
    other then that, im pretty much an easy target to anyone, so invite me please
    i wanna see if i can pass the first round or not!
    :D
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Messages: 244 ✭✭✭
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options

Hi Enelimm

Since we're unable to unequip charms, does this mean this will be like current duels ?
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Storm 9X ~ DB 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Kathrina - Morai
    Kathrina - Morai Messages: 9
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options
    Hi, Enelimm!

As I don't have characters above level 100 I'd like to participate in the event as a spectator. Is it possible? Would you tell other players where the action will take place? ;)
  • Enelimm
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options
    @XXHotXx : The situation is pretty different between EU and US, which is why we'll give it a try this way here. I hope everyone will understand it's about making a good show and having fun rather than about winning ZEN :)
    If you would like to organize your own tournaments on Morai you're very welcome to do so! Just let me know and I can help you advertise it.

@Zoldi : Yes.

@Kathrina : Of course! We will let you know when it's settled. If this goes well, maybe you can participate another time :)
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options
    @XXHotXx : The situation is pretty different between EU and US, which is why we'll give it a try this way here. I hope everyone will understand it's about making a good show and having fun rather than about winning ZEN :)
    If you would like to organize your own tournaments on Morai you're very welcome to do so! Just let me know and I can help you advertise it.

@Zoldi : Yes.

Yes indeed, but the changes you made are way too radical,

for example you could've made 3vs3 instead of 5vs5 with everything allowed formula...

but 1v1 everything allowed duels? :S

there are 2 classes w\ immunity to death skills, that you actually have to kill them twice to win the duel, one of those 2 classes can stealth 3 times, the other one has 21890390123 damage reduction abilities that would make it hard to kill even in a 3vs1 scenario

there is one class (zoldi's class, thats why he pointed that out) with 1 skill combo that works only in duels and that goes trough every damage reduction and damage immunity skills, he basically can 3spark rapid growth immunity AS combox2 and kill anyone even if his target uses any kind of immunity

i really believe the formula has to be revised, cause this is turning out as a 2-3 classes pvp event

in my opinion make it 3 vs 3 all allowed, no multiple classes of the same kind and it will turn out a funny and balanced event,

if it turns out like this i will help you advice it aswell and i am pretty sure i will fill all your spots with 3v3 teams way long before the deadline :)

(fyi: when the 5v5 US event was announced, i gathered sign ups from my and friendly factions, and we have been able to make three balanced 5v5 teams (15 players),

that would've meant five 3v3 teams (15 players) coming just from 2 or 3 factions of morai server

problem is, if you are going to make it 1on1 the attendance will be zero because of the current gameplay unbalance)

let me know, i would be glad to help :)
  • laikiraski
    laikiraski Messages: 2
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options
    if this ever happens i am ready to take a part of it !!!!
    Char : IDIOTISM
    LvL : 102
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options
    there is one class (zoldi's class, thats why he pointed that out) with 1 skill combo that works only in duels and that goes trough every damage reduction and damage immunity skills, he basically can 3spark rapid growth immunity AS combox2 and kill anyone even if his target uses any kind of immunity

Yep, Absorb Soul is going through IG, AD or any kind of immunity in duels (and in duels only, doesn't work in real PVP). Which means that, according to me, any good mystic is almost sure to win any of his fights. Too bad the event will be during work hours, it would have been easy money :/ (but maybe not fun though)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options
    Zoldi - Morai a écrit: »
    Yep, Absorb Soul is going through IG, AD or any kind of immunity in duels (and in duels only, doesn't work in real PVP). Which means that, according to me, any good mystic is almost sure to win any of his fights. Too bad the event will be during work hours, it would have been easy money :/ (but maybe not fun though)

thats why uncharmed 1on1 duels are far from being fair or balanced for all the players\classes

sparkie was aware of that and changed the PvP event formula from individual fight to multiple players fight (5v5), that offcourse is more balanced, funny and imo would be really enjoyable

now i am not asking to make 5v5 cause that could mean an attendance problem for our server, but 3v3 with no multiple classes of same kind allowed, would split the OP "assets" on the server and give place to really interesting and enjoyable fights :)
  • Enelimm
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options
    I do get your point, but this setup is not currently possible for me to organize.

If there are not more participants by tomorrow, this tournament will be postponed and I will ask Sparkiesoft to include Morai to the list of servers for a future tournament.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options
    I do get your point, but this setup is not currently possible for me to organize.

If there are not more participants by tomorrow, this tournament will be postponed and I will ask Sparkiesoft to include Morai to the list of servers for a future tournament.

would you allow me to structure this setup and help you organize the event like i did back in time

here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpX7nYjbHiQ&list=UUZvXx4_OHr4m0X2CILVZ36Q

here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLRNUSp18Es&list=UUZvXx4_OHr4m0X2CILVZ36Q

and here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NxxHyXxzgg&list=UUZvXx4_OHr4m0X2CILVZ36Q

offcourse in this case i will not attend the event myself i will just advertise, gather the sign ups, and help with the ingame support when the event will be hosted :)
  • laikiraski
    laikiraski Messages: 2
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options
    Zoldi - Morai a écrit: »

Stop qqing about the useless skill, Faith blocks your all power absorb soul , just guess some people pretend to be all knowing when they know what ? Right shet ! @hot:eek:
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options
    laikiraski a écrit: »
    Stop qqing about the useless skill, Faith blocks your all power absorb soul

I don't QQ about it since I have this skill. If I had to QQ it would be regarding the time of the event since I won't be at home.

But what are you saying anyway, mate ? If you use Faith level 10, then you won't be able to use AD (maybe with some good genie, I dunno but nevermind). In this case the mystic will not even have to use AS, just spam NV while being immune himself. With no hiero (an no heal at all for most classes), you'd be dead before the end of the mystic's immunity.
    We can check that if you're really sure it wouldn't work.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Messages: 2
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options
    Joe - Triple 105 Barbarian.

Why I would wanna participate? Well most likely because most would expect me to as I am THE 1on1 Barb on the Server (simply because you barely see any other Barbs 1on1 at all).

I don't know why charms arn't allowed but anything else and I would nearly vote for me to be left out, simply because I'm not dumb. I will only have to invoke at start and safe my IG for later. No other class can sustain more DMG + hit as hard as Barbs can. My Enemies would have to play extremely defensive at start and switch to extreme aggresive playing style at the right time. I'd simply love to see out people kick that off. Besides that would be a great opportunity to fight some ppl I havn't fought yet so I guess it will be fun. Doesn't matter if I win or not. I just wanna have some fun PvPing (:

As for stats:

Click here.

Have fun.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options
    laikiraski a écrit: »
    Stop qqing about the useless skill, Faith blocks your all power absorb soul , just guess some people pretend to be all knowing when they know what ? Right shet ! @hot:eek:

rofl yea use faith in duel, while enemy mystic 3spark IGd and see how fast you'll get dpsed down w\o that you would even notice... you then pop IG? np AS you dead... gg, maybe you should reconsider the subject of who pretends to be knowing everything into yourself :)

also you forgot endgame LAs have probably the lowest Mag Resistances value in game having to trade it off for Phys. Orns...

well i might not be omniscient but i played pretty much every class in PWI @ current endgame gears in PvP, you came aswell to me and took suggestions in past on how to shard and to gear up.... now what you got?

also i have enough knowledge of the game to be able to set up a balanced and enjoyable PvP event as i did in past and where you also attended, and we all had a great time.

For now it's 3 players that signed up for this formula (lets say it 2 since Kyo is coming just to troll),
    both of you being from the 2 on 3 of favourite\unbalanced classes in duels due to anti-death skills, purge (+anti purge for sin), or chain damage reduction for barb etch

current sign ups wont make it possible to run the event,
    then sparkie will have to run it US rules, and it will become a 5v5

good luck laraski finding a competitive team that will take you for the 5v5, seen your latest crappy attitude
  • Enelimm
    Modifié (juillet 2014)
    Options
    Not enough subscribers on time. Event is postponed indefinitely and I will see with SparkieSoft to have Morai included to the list of servers for this event. Thanks a lot to everyone who applied!

Now locking this thread before you get in a fight :)
Cette discussion a été fermée.