Server Merge Rescheduled

Regerem
Regerem Messages: 387 ✭✭✭
Modifié (avril 2013) dans Official Announcements
Hello all,

I would like to inform you all that the server merge is rescheduled, the main reason is to correct the issues brought by the last content update: Dawn of Spring. We want this fusion to happen in the best possible conditions and for this we need to focus all our efforts on fixing the current issues.

Some of them are going to be solved by the next maintenance and others are taking more time. You probably already know of those issues, such as:

1) Frostcovered City no longer supports hyper exp.
2) Weapon molds are missing from Warsong City.
3) Territory Rewards changed to Mirage Celestones (We'll be sending out the appropriate coin rewards to all Faction leaders on Monday, based on this past week's territory holdings)

We are also working on the map reset after the end of the Territory War season, it should only happen for the server merge, but the season will still end as planned on the 27th of March. Rewards will be send as planned : on the 4th of April.

We will decide shortly on a new merge schedule and will communicate it very soon.

Thank you for your understanding!
Post edited by Regerem on

Réponses

• taringa181
    taringa181 Messages: 15
    Modifié (mars 2013)
    mhhh aright /rq
  • Nikitae - Raging Tide
    Nikitae - Raging Tide Messages: 2
    Modifié (mars 2013)
    Oh wow if hypers would go away from FC would totally start to play again! :cool:
  • Geekface - Sanctuary
    Geekface - Sanctuary Messages: 1
    Modifié (mars 2013)
    So like the merge should happen in about how long cca.? just so we can actualy know to prepare ourself..
  • Regerem
    Modifié (mars 2013)
    Hello,

Now that most of the bugs have been fixed we have decided on a new time for the server merge: the 10th of April 2013. The Territory Map reset will also happen at that time.

Please feel free to ask your questions in the following topic :)
  • taringa181
    Modifié (mars 2013)
    would the new EN server be advertised properly in order to reach new players from uk maybe?
  • Regerem
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    Unfortunately we will not meet our objective with having the server merge tomorrow; this is due to unforeseen complications in China with the merge process. Again, we want the server merge to happen in the best conditions and we can't guarantee that for tomorrow. We understand the frustration that you might feel cause we feel the same way and really want this fusion.

We assure you that we are doing everything that is in our power to make this merge happen properly, and to apologize for this extra delay we are working on compensations. We will communicate the final time for the merge as soon as possible and what form the compensation will take.

Thank you for your support and your understanding, we appreciate it.
  • BoomBastic - Lothranis
    BoomBastic - Lothranis Messages: 16
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    we sure do understand there might be difficulties.. but you must understand the frustration of most ppl.. server is rly slow at the moment.. We should get x2 untill the merg happens.. That would at least give us something to do while waiting.. cause this wont be the end of delays.. so give us x2 until we merge...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regerem
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    The new time for the Server Merge will be the 24th of April 2013 !
  • Regerem
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    we sure do understand there might be difficulties.. but you must understand the frustration of most ppl.. server is rly slow at the moment.. We should get x2 untill the merg happens.. That would at least give us something to do while waiting.. cause this wont be the end of delays.. so give us x2 until we merge...

I was totally going for that too, so if I can get it approve that's what I want to have for compensations, I will keep you inform what is decided.
  • WizAly - Lothranis
    WizAly - Lothranis Messages: 5
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    what about map reset and faction icon? and +1 for 2x
  • justbabe
    justbabe Messages: 4
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    yes. 2x would be appropriate compensation for all waiting and all the mess. There are already a lot of people leaving the game because merge just doesn't happen. So instead of improving, servers get even more dead. However, my idea is to give people 2x until the servers are merged. not 2-3 days of 2x, but all the way till merge for both servers
  • Skyless - Lothranis
    Skyless - Lothranis Messages: 2
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    thanks, Regerem... please do your best with the 2x :D

(by no means I am sarcastic. I understand it's not your fault and that you're doing your best for us)
  • justbabe
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    pet sale would be awesome too:D
  • Enigel - Lothranis
    Enigel - Lothranis Messages: 2
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    already many people left servers and wait for merge..i have friends who come online just to check if merge done..xD i think best way to compensate is to add 2x till merge
  • _Potency_ - Momaganon
    _Potency_ - Momaganon Messages: 1
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    Sigh , Rescheduled huh ? ... I must say you got some of worst dev team I ever seen in my life , how many man months you need until you can get a server merge done ,

It's either you got a really slow dev team or a really incompetent one. A programmers job is not to find excuses is to find solutions .. I been only hearing excuses

Before you start ragging on my **** ... I work as a Technical Programmer in a game development company so I know quite good what I'm talking about...
  • justbabe
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    agree potency. i think its not slow, but its really incompetent

Sigh , Rescheduled huh ? ... I must say you got some of worst dev team I ever seen in my life , how many man months you need until you can get a server merge done ,

It's either you got a really slow dev team or a really incompetent one. A programmers job is not to find excuses is to find solutions .. I been only hearing excuses

Before you start ragging on my **** ... I work as a Technical Programmer in a game development company so I know quite good what I'm talking about...
  • Lyrynx - Momaganon
    Lyrynx - Momaganon Messages: 3
    Modifié (avril 2013)

i know potty he is what he says he is.
    2x would be good compensation for us, many of us are eagerly anticipating n then getting very disapointed
    i also know of many people who just log in to see if merge has happened, some have stopped playing altogether and don't even do this, and some have gone to private servers
    2x would be good incentive to keep people playing untill server happens
  • Regerem
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    Quick update: the server will be in 2x XP/Drops/Spirits until the 24th of April. We will start the 2x right after tomorrow's maintenance.

I will keep you informed about the actions we are going to take concerning the Territory War season. The previous season is over and the current territories are not counting, the winner from the previous season is still Absolve as previously announced.
  • deathkille13
    deathkille13 Messages: 1
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    Sigh...and yet again we are left "hanging" ... might as well make a proper merge date instead of dissapointing people.

Lots will quit i'll tell you that.
  • justbabe
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    ty regrem :) really appreciate
  • XXBlueyesXx - Archosaur
    XXBlueyesXx - Archosaur Messages: 2
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    Regerem please, would you mind reply to my private message?
    Much appreciated :)
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Messages: 2
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    Are forum accounts going to migrated over when the servers merge?
    If so will the forum names be changed both here and in the NA forums at the same time?
  • Imagination - Lothranis
    Imagination - Lothranis Messages: 4
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    ... lol i keep quitting and coming back purely for this merge... yet another delay... might not even bother checking in on the 24th because lets face it... you'll probably announce another mysterious delay! -yawn-
  • Regerem
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    @XXBlueyesXx: I just checked them but I don't see any message from you, can you please resend it?

Are forum accounts going to migrated over when the servers merge?
    If so will the forum names be changed both here and in the NA forums at the same time?

We do have plans for that. Yes we will merge them so the international community is not spiltted over 2 forums. Although it will be a brand new forum, with the "old" DE & FR as an archive/database but not open anymore. The new forum will have 3 subsections, one per language.
  • XXBlueyesXx - Archosaur
    XXBlueyesXx - Archosaur Messages: 2
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    Regerem a écrit: »
    @XXBlueyesXx: I just checked them but I don't see any message from you, can you please resend it?

We do have plans for that. Yes we will merge them so the international community is not spiltted over 2 forums. Although it will be a brand new forum, with the "old" DE & FR as an archive/database but not open anymore. The new forum will have 3 subsections, one per language.

Dear Regerem, i've sent you the private message again :)
    If you did not receive it yet, can you please write a private message to me? So i will reply to it and you will be able to receive mine and read it.
    Thank you. :)
  • Lyrynx - Momaganon
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    Quick update: the server will be in 2x XP/Drops/Spirits until the 24th of April. We will start the 2x right after tomorrow's maintenance.

I will keep you informed about the actions we are going to take concerning the Territory War season. The previous season is over and the current territories are not counting, the winner from the previous season is still Absolve as previously announced.

thankyou very very much :D
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Messages: 2
    Modifié (avril 2013)

I was wondering about forum names specifically. Like will my name be changed to "Sweetiebot - Morai" (or whatever the new server name is) since Lothranis will no longer exist.
  • taringa181
    Modifié (avril 2013)
    SweetieBot award 5 points to BoomBastic for being sexy as hellz
  • Arydia - Raging Tide
    Arydia - Raging Tide Messages: 1
    Modifié (avril 2013)

Where's my 2x gone :mad::(:eek:
  • Lyrynx - Momaganon
    Modifié (avril 2013)

where has 2x gone? :O please bring it back it 17th april not 24th 2day!

Ajouter un commentaire

GrasItaliqueBarréOrdered listListe non ordonnée
Emoji
Aligner à gaucheCentrer le texteAligner à droiteBasculer en code HTMLBasculer en mode plein écranAllumer les lumières
Déplacer image/fichier