*Tentative wave*

Options
scribe14
scribe14 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
I'm wanting to get into this game for a while now, but it's been a while since I even tried it out. Years now. I was wondering if this game is still even active. Downloading it now and I don't wanna be bummed when I log in :p
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

All joking aside. Seriously, stop the download and choose another game. This game is not for you if you're just starting.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • scribe14
    edited June 2015
    Options
    RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

All joking aside. Seriously, stop the download and choose another game. This game is not for you if you're just starting.

Only people who play the game already should start playing?...
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The forums are the worst place to get general opinion from. It's mostly disgruntled players. Don't listen to people here. In fact, don't even listen to me. (aside from this next bit) Get the game and decide for yourself.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • scribe14
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yeah I wasn't really asking for a general consensus on the game quality or how easy or hard it is for newbies. I just wanted to know if the game was active. But I'm seeing responses here so that's encouraging at least :P
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The forums are the worst place to get general opinion from. It's mostly disgruntled players. Don't listen to people here. In fact, don't even listen to me. (aside from this next bit) Get the game and decide for yourself.

Agreed. It is an aging title, and there's a huge amount of power creep.

The changes they've made over the past couple years both make it harder for new players, and easier. You can level faster with less effort, but that also means you'll need to put more effort into learning to play your character, and also in gearing it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The game isnt very active, especially not in the lower levels, if u wanna start playing ull pretty much have to get from lvl 1 to lvl 100 completely on ur own, which prolly will take a few months, considering u wont have the money to use tools to help u level faster
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's nowhere near as active as it was once apon a time, but it is still quite active. World chat is rarely completely dead, there are lots of squads, and many factions to help. Try to choose a server who will be active around your time b:cute
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The game isnt very active, especially not in the lower levels, if u wanna start playing ull pretty much have to get from lvl 1 to lvl 100 completely on ur own, which prolly will take a few months, considering u wont have the money to use tools to help u level faster

Have you leveled up a toon in the last year?
    Takes a few months to get from 1 to 100?
    Sorry but No. It takes maximum a month to get to 100 and that if you only play 2-3 hours per day.
    And you dont need any money or any tool to lvl up.
    giphy.gif

• Elsariel - Sanctuary
    Elsariel - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Honestly, the game is currently going through a thriving process most do not notice.
    I have started a new character without borrowing much from my past main and I still had a good time, still do. It
    really comes down to your own expectations, needs and experience.

For PvE and casual fun, it's all definitely there to keep you entertained. Without PvP in mind, the game is really decent and does not require you to be god-like.

One tiny problem is... The pressure from players. They will either tell you to get out, either scare you with how much money and/or time you have to devote to this later on, or pressure you to endgame and then pressure you further to gear up ASAP and then inevitably say... Yes, that you'll be bored and get out anyway.

If you make some good friends and stay away from that crowd though, there is no reason why you shouldn't download and try this out in your own pace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Now we're all mad here."
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Options
    Yea give it a try? I've been here since February 2011 and still having a blast!
    Also made a Stormbringer a week ago and she's level 47 with casual game play.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    Options
    If you want to PVE, go ahead and download the game. But be warned its boring as hell. Same **** every day.
    Also, most everything that you could make coin on has been nerfed or made readily available (meaning the market is flooded, so price is really low)

If you want to PvP, go ahead and take out your credit cards now. Charge them to the max. Call the bank and ask for a loan. Put all that into Zen to buy gold to buy gear. Then buy a new keyboard, cause you are going to smash and break the one you have now when you realize most players have spent more money then you have on the game (some have admitted to $40K on the game, ive heard rumours of 200K, unlikely but you never know)

Active? No sure on other servers. harshlands hasnt see any surge in players in a couple of years at least. If anything it is slowly dying. PWE/China hasnt really brought anything to the game to make it fun for new players.
    It is easy to lvl up now as some quests have been added, exp has been raise and quest have been made easier.
    They fixed FC, meaning you cant hyper in there anymore.
    Most active thing on harshlands is WC from people crying about stupid ****, of bullying other players, cause well thats the mentality of harshlands.

Has anyone told you about rebirth yet? Its where you go back to lvl 1 after reaching lvl 100. Yup, you get to lvl all the way back to 100 again (4x xp on everythign tho, so goes faster). Then guess what? You do it AGAIN. (3.5?xp on everything this time, maybe its 3x xp I cant remember). Why do you have to do this? You dont, but it opens up more stats and skills for your toon. Also opens up more instances/quests in the new map as well.

NGTUy53.png