Options
12346»

Comments

• Teramat - Archosaur
    Teramat - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    1 more unbalanced thing for archer
    Archer stun skill takes 1.5s to channel, 3s - 5s (if sage) stun, 90% chance, 80% accuracy (approximately because i did miss alot using this skill), 15s cool down

Stormbringer stun skill ( ice bullet) 1.5s channeling (can be shorten with -channeling, a SB can get up to -65% engame and sage ice bullet is only 1.2s), 5s stun long (assume that person know how to play SB and keep constant 3 ice balls), 100% chance, 100% accuracy, and 12s cool down

Just compare and see how stupid the archer skill is.......b:surrender
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    1 more unbalanced thing for archer
    Archer stun skill takes 1.5s to channel, 3s - 5s (if sage) stun, 90% chance, 80% accuracy (approximately because i did miss alot using this skill), 15s cool down

Stormbringer stun skill ( ice bullet) 1.5s channeling (can be shorten with -channeling, a SB can get up to -65% engame and sage ice bullet is only 1.2s), 5s stun long (assume that person know how to play SB and keep constant 3 ice balls), 100% chance, 100% accuracy, and 12s cool down

Just compare and see how stupid the archer skill is.......b:surrender

Not saying your point isn't valid, because I do agree, archer stun is pathetic, but all classes are inferior when you compare them to Stormbringers. Their stun is ridiculous beyond belief.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Teramat - Archosaur
    Teramat - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    that is not true.....which class's stun skill is inferior to stormbringer?
    BM.......give me a break they have way too many control skills.....and a what AOE stun...
    Wizzy......they do have a seal skill...last time i check seal is much more advance than stun....
    cleric.......they have sleep.....seal of god.....and the 100 skill which seals also
    archer....no comment
    Sin......welll don't get me started
    psy........this one is beyond belief...i think they actually have stun skills that superior than SB
    seeker......OP QPQ comes with seal...so don't complain...plus tele stun (i know it costs 1 spark...but it teles.....b:surrender)
    mystic.....this class i don't know much...but aoe seal....plant sleep
    barb......new skill that has knock down....(i am willing to trade my archer stun skill for this)
    veno...another class that i don't know much....but has similar stun skilll as SB (not as long as), but pets have stun skill......

In the end....only archers have the inferior version of stun skill of SBb:surrender
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Let's see...

A 3-5 second stun, depending on the number of charges. 12 second cooldown and no chi cost
    A 33% chance stun for 3 seconds (if demon) 30 chi cost.
    A 33% chance AOE occult ice for 3 seconds (70% if demon)
    An AOE freeze(occult ice?) for 4 seconds, costs 2 sparks
    A paralyze skill that triggers every 3 seconds for 9 seconds, 30 chi cost

Someone tell me if I missed anything out. For a caster that is a completely absurd amount of CC available, most of which requires little to no chi, with a short cooldown. I wouldn't say archers are the only ones with inferior CC to stormbringers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • patrickhuong
    patrickhuong Posts: 172 Arc User
    Options
    I don't know if anyone cares enough to read this thread anymore, but i still want to share my thought.
    I just made a DB recently, and if archers can have the mobility that DBs have....problem slove
    Our leaps should be something that equal to DB's tele skills. Our leaps should be 30 meters (or atleast 25 meters) and 30s cool down (just like DB's tele skills) and stun or paralyze the targets (melee targets within 5m deadzone) for 2s. The reason why leaps are not effective because people can just walk in the direction we leap and they will be close to us again...2s of stun and paralyze can help to prevent this (and yes DB's tele skills have stun and paralyze.....why not us). Then, give us a skill that can reset our leap skills (just like DBs that have 2 skills that can reset their tele skills not to mention 1 tele skill that can be reseted unlimitted within 20s.....but that's too fancy for archers). My suggestion is winged shell.....Please make this skill useful by making it like the shell skill of cleric, but instead of absorbing physical damge, our winged shell should absorb magic damge.....why? we have very high evasion, so physical attacks will have a hard time to strike us so our mean of defense against physical attack is our evasion......being archers for many years i really feel helpless when go against AA.....no mean of defense for us except wing of grace...while all the AA classes have so many defense skills against our physical attacks. It would make sense...cleric's shell absorb physical damge, our shell absorb magic damge (and please come up with with a ratio that suitable for archer's mana)......
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Options
    Archers just need a little more range. If they can outrange -ALL- AA toons by 5m, they get first strike. Allows em to land their stuns before an AA toon has a chance to get in range. Primal Winged Blessing that extends range an additional 5m would not be a bad idea. Archers have sucky primal skills anyway.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    Archers just need a little more range. If they can outrange -ALL- AA toons by 5m, they get first strike. Allows em to land their stuns before an AA toon has a chance to get in range. Primal Winged Blessing that extends range an additional 5m would not be a bad idea. Archers have sucky primal skills anyway.
    The concept of 'stun the opponent at max range' simply does not work when every opponent has purify spell or teleports.​​
  • patrickhuong
    patrickhuong Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    deal with it, start working more for a kill! b:bye

I have an archer. But I mostly play a +12 Jaded (formerly Deity) Assassin with a 4-card set. I myself am not drastically affected by the fact Archers are the bottom of the barrel end-game. I can triplespark and pretty much two-shot people. Unfortunately since I run with nearly 80% critical rate, I overdo the first hit causing a charm tick (and two more needed hits).

With Sage Tidal I'm the bane of everyone's existence. Compared to my Assassin Archers have no chance. Unsparked I maybe need at most 6-7 hits to kill AA or LA of similar gear (minus assassins). 2 hits will tick their charm. They will pop whatever immunepots or cooldowns they have. 4 more hits to deal with a second charm tick and finish them. For Heavy Armor - if they're the same gear it could take awhile or no time at all if I get lucky with the zerk-crits.

Other classes don't nearly have it as easy - but they don't have it much harder either.

I highly doubt you're super geared. Otherwise you'd be singing a slightly different tune. If you can't deal big hits to force the use of defensive pots and cooldowns, you're toast because I get to spend all of my genie energy amping you. Unfortunately, Archers don't deal big hits. From my perspective they get nerfed for quite awhile between my sleep, root, stun. If they don't use Faith I pretty much win. If they use faith, they've got nothing for Tangling Mire or Extreme Poison. For each leap they have, I've got a closer.

The only reason I'm on this thread is because I feel bad for the class.
    my archer quitting right there