How can a Stormbringer get Kun Kun?

nunja1
nunja1 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Stormbringer
This is downright embarrassing. Stormbringers cannot use bows so I can only hit him with my scythe ... about twice. He is faster than I am and runs away every time I get close enough to whack him again. This is getting silly.

And you can't do him as a party, so WTH?
Post edited by nunja1 on

Comments

• nunja1
    nunja1 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Unbelievable. I just chased him halfway around the lake and had him down to 3HP and he ran under the wooden deck and just vanished. What a crock!
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    2008/2009 problems.

ah those sweet days b:dirty

#neverforget
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's annoying, but it's doable. I've done it on more than one arcane without a bow. I went so far on my wizard that he reset so that was annoying, but I killed it in the end. Tip: don't click auto-attack and chase him that way. Just run and try to get even/ahead of him before you attack. Holy path can really help too if you have it.

If you are really struggling, you only have to kill it over halfway yourself and you can let someone else finish it off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You might also try a genie skill or two, or simply do as Anna suggested.

To be honest I am not sure how effective it is, but it could be useful in tackling it.

-

On a side note... just realized it is one of the very few mobs/bosses in game that actually make casters chase after it... well anyone really. Just a useless/pointless fact... well too some anyways. xD

Good luck killing it.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Good luck.

It made me remind the hell it was when I tried to kill it on my very first main (Wizard) on PW-MY.
    This was so easy for every other classes... but a nightmare for wizzies
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Elsariel - Sanctuary
    Elsariel - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There really is no other way except chasing it. That is how I also did it, though the blessing Speed of the Moon thing you get from Dawnglory Elder did help a lot.

Annalyse did give an important tip, run ahead of it or close to it so you are sure to land more hits. Temporary Hotkey your auto attack so you don't have to click Kun Kun repeatedly.
    Fun fact, if you get in front of it, he tries to avoid/run away from you. So if he keeps turning, you can get him to run around in circles instead of just going straight ahead with the risk of him resetting. b:chuckle

Hope you managed it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Now we're all mad here."
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    nunja1 wrote: »
    This is downright embarrassing. Stormbringers cannot use bows so I can only hit him with my scythe ... about twice. He is faster than I am and runs away every time I get close enough to whack him again. This is getting silly.

And you can't do him as a party, so WTH?

If all else fails then party with a melee class and have them do it. Staunch worms are just as bad for melee.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Rez_Eerecktt - Raging Tide
    Rez_Eerecktt - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    use a bow and arrow
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ah, yes. The wizard/psy/storm struggle... Good times.

Genie, bow, slaps. Just don't follow it like a mindless game mob. Run ahead of it and slap it so it doesn't go ridiculously far from it's spawn point. If it does it will reset, but the HP won't regenerate. In the past it was much worse as mobs attacked. Now they are all on defensive stance iirc.

I really don't understand why they didn't change it to the same method used in the Raging Tide worms. Bad move, China, and you should feel bad about it! Talking to the walls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If all else fails then party with a melee class and have them do it. Staunch worms are just as bad for melee.

Staunch worms are bad but you can indeed party for those. Kun Kun, however, must be done solo.
    use a bow and arrow

Stormbringers can't use bows.

Edit: I assumed that fact based on the OP's original post saying that she couldn't. Now someone else has said that they can so I guess that would be the way to go.

Though, when I tried that on my psy all I saw was Miss! Miss! Miss!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Staunch worms are bad but you can indeed party for those. Kun Kun, however, must be done solo.

Stormbringers can't use bows.

I suppose I was just a spoiled veno who's pet took it out. Forgot about the party thing. No answer for that other than a genie skill
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    On my wizzie, I have killed it in a long and boring way: I would just slap him twice, then stand still waiting for him to come back. Then slap him twice again and wait, rinse and repeat. Fortunately, his HP did not reset, and there were no other toons willing to steal him.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    - Go to any starter city
    - Buy a level 1 bow (5 dex required, any char except Seeker and Dusk can equip these)
    - Buy some 100 el cheapo arrows
    - Go to Kun Kun
    - Target Practise >:)

Works for any caster, storm included. Alternative is to chase him down and whack him with your scythe but a bow's far easier. This works for those annoying Staunch Worms too.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
    Okay, I just finished this quest with my SB. What I had to done;

1: Hit Kun Kun with the scythe, not a spell.
    2: Run ahead of Kun Kun
    3: Hit Kun Kun with sythe, not a spell.
    4: Run ahead of Kun Kun.

Repeat the steps, and you should be able to keep Kun Kun contained.

For everyone saying to use a bow, SB's cannot use any other weapon except for the scythe. Like how a psychic cannot use any other weapon but their pearl. The unfortunate downfall on playing two very awesome arcane based classes.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • advoc
    advoc Posts: 84 Arc User
    Pretty sure I just learned Celestial Sword on my genie for the one quest, then unlearned it afterwards. Poof it and done.