Forum Migration - May 4th(Delayed - Update Inside) [Updated 6/12/2015]

Options
12346»

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You say that now, but...well, the post-move exploit still works. Various other DOM editing related exploits still work (they attempted to hide them with CSS. That did not work). There is also an exploit that allows me to obtain information that I kinda assume I'm not supposed to be able to reveal, but Vanilla's system is lazy when retrieving data and relies on Javascript too much.

I was being sarcastic. Could you send this information to yetweallfalldown, the PM? I'd ask for it to just pass onto him myself but I think it's probably better if that type of info goes straight to PWE.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I was being sarcastic.

I honestly couldn't tell. Blasted text. It just doesn't convey things as well as it should.
    Could you send this information to yetweallfalldown, the PM? I'd ask for it to just pass onto him myself but I think it's probably better if that type of info goes straight to PWE.

I've already done what I've said straight on their other forums. There should be logs of what I did. Enough to track down what they need to find.

In other news...I just finished my vBulletin downloader. I started working on it yesterday when I heard they were going to jump to the other forums so abruptly without finishing off some of the problems. Unlike HTTrack, it's optimized to handle vBulletin forums and downloads the pages correctly (no dupes) at a significantly faster rate than HTTrack. It just absolutely abuses the **** out of theirs and my bandwidth though. It will be the most lightweight backup. I can only hope the forum stays up long enough for it to finish.

As a side note, I chose to cut out a lot of stuff from its download process. This includes single posts and anything that isn't a forum category or thread. I'll also likely release the source code soon after this, but it's horrible. I mean, just awful. I was on get it done right now mode, so the code is the most horrendous thing I've done in at least 5-years, easily.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    Well, its been a bad night, I am grumpy but my first impression with these forums is pretty bad. They are ugly, way more incovenient to use and least I havent found option to character avatars, which got fixed on last forums just prior to migration. And lastly, this lack of advanced mode for replying, preview included, are complete sht. Then again I should know better than to expect a single positive decision from this company.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    Options
    This new forum won't have any of the old generic avatars the PWI forum had. Not it's all custom avatars.

... In hindsight, I should have made one last update to our old forum avatar spreadsheet before the forums got switched over, but seeing as the announcement about it (as well as the start of the migration itself) happened while I wasn't actually here... bear-27.gif
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • mahousenshi
    mahousenshi Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    Is there a way for someone to make some kind of website or something for creating PWI avatars to upload to here? (Like a "Avatar Maker/Generator" or something.) I don't know how to do anything like that, so I can't do it, but it's just a suggestion for someone that does know how to do it. I'd love to keep showing off my main toon. Wish I could change my forum name too, this was my first account from way back in 2009 and I was way more childish back then, and this forum name is embarrassing. :(
    Etherblade:
    Lvl101 RB2 Wizard: RosesFlame
    Lvl101 RB2 Venomancer: Kawari (originally named SailorRocket, very first toon in PWI)

• chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    this forum name is embarrassing. :(

Tell me about it. My best friend chose mine and at the time it didn't bother me because we all went by character names anyway.

These new forums hurt my head. And they are downright ugly. I think I probably won't be visiting here much anymore.

ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • nrglg
    nrglg Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Is there a way for someone to make some kind of website or something for creating PWI avatars to upload to here? (Like a "Avatar Maker/Generator" or something.) I don't know how to do anything like that, so I can't do it, but it's just a suggestion for someone that does know how to do it. I'd love to keep showing off my main toon.

I've zipped all of the avatars the forum had. It came out to 2625. It's fairly easy to navigate, they use "F" or "M" to denote "Female" or "Male" and then the other letters are the first character of the class. With all, but the venos, following this same pattern. The venos are weird. Anyways, here it is: http://dump.nrgs.org/pwpw/PWIAvatars.zip

For GMs/Mods reading this, you can get your PWI avatars too: http://dump.nrgs.org/pwpw/PWI-GM-MOD-Avatars.zip
    chchchchia wrote: »
    These new forums hurt my head. And they are downright ugly. I think I probably won't be visiting here much anymore.

I've created a CSS injection that improves the looks of the forums as to induce less headaches. I strongly recommend the colorful addon with the grayscale. It helps bring life to the lifeless. https://github.com/Goodlookinguy/pwvnrg

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the avi migrating.

• superbiatch
    superbiatch Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    Thanks nrglg. I like having my cleric avatar back. Just wish I could change my display name :(
    2qdzpes.jpg

It's called Karma and is pronounced "Haha F You"
  • bsup68
    bsup68 Posts: 31 Arc User
    Options
    One thing, that I really miss from the old forum is the latest activity button, to get all the pwi threads with activity/new posts since last visit up on screen fast :(
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    bsup68 wrote: »
    One thing, that I really miss from the old forum is the latest activity button, to get all the pwi threads with activity/new posts since last visit up on screen fast :(

It's been stated previously, if you use the gear to set all the other forums to ignore, "Discussions" will perform that task.

What is really bugging me atm is that when I click a thread, it takes me to the most recent unread post, and then snaps to the top of the page. Making me have to scroll down and find the first unread on my own.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • terryu
    terryu Posts: 52 Arc User
    Options
    Well, at least I can finally post now. For the past couple of days I've gotten an endless cycle of prompts that bug me to "log in or sign up" before I can post. Funny thing was, I could see I was signed in across the top bar. Hopefully some nicer looking edits will come eventually to these forums, because the design of the interface is quite the eyesore.
    terrytini (Mystic)
    - Tempest (Tideswell Server)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    Options
    I'd suggest browsing perfectworld.vanillaforums.com directly without the arc shell. It seems to solve a lot of issues and it lets you avoid dealing with Arc itself even more.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Finally I can post! What the haill(seriously, the word H. ELL is censored?) is up with that "sign in or register" cycle? A lot of things are redirecting to the "Games" page, which to me, says the migration was done lazily and not tested very much.

Which, was there even any good reason for this migration in the first place?
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • ovenusarmanio
    Options
    Honestly, their old website was also pretty broken.....so that's probably why they wanted a change.

• mahousenshi
    mahousenshi Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    nrglg wrote: »
    Is there a way for someone to make some kind of website or something for creating PWI avatars to upload to here? (Like a "Avatar Maker/Generator" or something.) I don't know how to do anything like that, so I can't do it, but it's just a suggestion for someone that does know how to do it. I'd love to keep showing off my main toon.

I've zipped all of the avatars the forum had. It came out to 2625. It's fairly easy to navigate, they use "F" or "M" to denote "Female" or "Male" and then the other letters are the first character of the class. With all, but the venos, following this same pattern. The venos are weird. Anyways, here it is: http://dump.nrgs.org/pwpw/PWIAvatars.zip

For GMs/Mods reading this, you can get your PWI avatars too: http://dump.nrgs.org/pwpw/PWI-GM-MOD-Avatars.zip
    chchchchia wrote: »

I've created a CSS injection that improves the looks of the forums as to induce less headaches. I strongly recommend the colorful addon with the grayscale. It helps bring life to the lifeless. https://github.com/Goodlookinguy/pwvnrg

Thanks for doing this! :)
    Etherblade:
    Lvl101 RB2 Wizard: RosesFlame
    Lvl101 RB2 Venomancer: Kawari (originally named SailorRocket, very first toon in PWI)

• darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    Options
    Thank you very much nrglg for the avatars and for your hardwork! I'm very grateful! :)
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    Options
    Why do my posts list me as "battle of immortals user"? I've never had anything to do with that game at all
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • nessygurl
    nessygurl Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    :s ughhhh this layout *gag*
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It still won't let me post anything.

Edit. I stand corrected lol

Sadly it seems I can't upload my old signature picture directly, and need to use image hosting which I can't be bothered with.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave