PWIEntertainment needs better technology!

PhoenixMist - Lost City
PhoenixMist - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Suggestion Box
Snooping around forums on here its absolutely true that people still play Perfect World International and its still alive. However, talking to people that quit Perfect World International have computers that are sure enough can handle games like Skyrim or whatever games out there. I'm playing T-E-R-A and on max graphics settings without any issues with FPS with mass crowds. Perhaps a few freezes playing T-E-R-A, but only small factions of lag.

My conclusion has a verdict of PWI servers are absolutely horrible and can't handle the new OS like Windows 7 and 8 as much at all! Download updates take so long that I don't even know why and the T-E-R-A updates are so fast compared to PWI servers. Its telling me that PWI servers are and sorry for being harsh, TOILET WATER! If PWI is still alive and its profit from players is still doing well, they can afford some new servers! They should upgrade so more players can come back and they will make more money.

Sure enough 8G of RAM Memory can handle this game, nope I get 1fps (ridiculous)

Ever since "ARC" quoting so negatively, PWI has become so **** on running with my computer. Its not my computer, its literally PWI itself. Also I suggest creating channels so lag does not have a proliferation of issues with lag in cities. I'm still waiting for my game to update after hours. Whats the deal?

GET RID OF ARC AND JUST GO BACK TO THE OLD DAYS! IT RAN BETTER! NO ONE LIKES ARC! PERIOD!

If someone can direct me to the manual patch page that will be awesome! Most likely they don't even post .cup patches anymore.
Post edited by PhoenixMist - Lost City on

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    LETS GO BACK TO THE OLD DAYS WHEN THEY WERE ONLY 3 RACES, 6 CLASSES AND RANK9 GEAR DIDNT EXIST.
    b:chuckle
    giphy.gif

• PhoenixMist - Lost City
    edited June 2015
    LETS GO BACK TO THE OLD DAYS WHEN THEY WERE ONLY 3 RACES, 6 CLASSES AND RANK9 GEAR DIDNT EXIST.
    b:chuckle

Don't be stupid....DERRR b:shutup....b:chuckle this game ran without arc. GET RID OF ARC! What are you some employee of PWI or just some troll?

My point is everyone I have talked to concurs with me that have awesome computers and also such as myself, its states that PWI servers are horrible! Everyone knows that PWI servers are outdated to 2005 technology! My sister and I have not been able to play PWI for seems of decades (not really). The fact is their technology can't handle newer OS and all computers are different they way the run. Mostly every one I have talked to of mass majority has said or concurred that PWI has bad graphic support with some cards and can't handle newer OS system works.

The old days I got 27-45 fps or more with PWI and it ran fine before arc. ARC just ruined it for me period!

Its simply the servers that can't handle the new technology as well. Thanks PWI for not getting any better technology. TIME FOR A UPGRADE!
  • bloodedone87
    edited June 2015
    Take my last comment as a joke and nothing more.
    Yes the game can run without Arc. I do run it without Arc and only use Arc when I redeem codes.
    giphy.gif

edited June 2015
    Take my last comment as a joke and nothing more.
    Yes the game can run without Arc. I do run it without Arc and only use Arc when I redeem codes.

Why did you even post in the first place? No offense, it was quite rude! I'm only making statement that PWI needs new servers. Like they will upgrade? Most likely not, but they need to consider the mass majority of people that has newer technology.

ALSO ADDING....THEY WILL MAKE MORE MONEY IF THEY DO UPGRADE WITH NEWER TECHNOLOGY!
    edited June 2015
    If they still have manual .cup patches? Oh gosh it will help so much if so! What I don't know is if they still post them and I don't know where the manual patch page is for afterwards of the new classes since 801 patch update...I'm stuck!

Just waiting for the update to complete. Still on 801...urghhh.
  • bloodedone87
    edited June 2015
    If they still have manual .cup patches? Oh gosh it will help so much if so! What I don't know is if they still post them and I don't know where the manual patch page is for afterwards of the new classes since 801 patch update...I'm stuck!

Just waiting for the update to complete. Still on 801...urghhh.

Sorry but manual patches arent available since ages.
    So you are returning to the game ha?
    If that so than Welcome Back.
    giphy.gif

edited June 2015
    Ever since the addition of Nation Wars with the updates, it got worse! That update basically overloads the server! I'm not saying get rid of Nation Wars, I'm saying it became an issue with overload! I download re-download the game hoping it would improve my game experience; nope its PWI!

The fact of the issue is that PWI servers are out-dated 2005 technology and they can't send the info fast enough to be compatible with faster and newer technology computers. THAT SAYS IT ALL!
    edited June 2015
    Sorry but manual patches arent available since ages.
    So you are returning to the game ha?
    If that so than Welcome Back.

b:sad Well trying to get hold of some old friends of mine, that's basically it, and play perhaps every once in awhile.

errrr....like 40% of done....at least its moving now.

My desktop is not the computer I ran the game on before, but old old days yes. It was a Vista and it ran great with PWI way back in the day. Its more compatible LOL apparently; the graphics GPU support. This computer crashed and now has Windows 8. So if it still had Vista and since PWI has GPU support for this older graphics card I could get like great FPS, but no PWI hates Windows 8 to some degree, and now I get 1 FPS LOL. My high performance laptop with PWI runs like trash to some degree with PWI, but long long ago since Tideborn and a bit of Seekers and Mystics it was superb awesome! It just got worse and worse with bigger updates. Probably won't get that anymore of great FPS :( since servers can't handle sending info fast enough.

I got on once after 801 update and it proves it that it can't handle newer OS and technology as well at all since I got like barely any FPS! I have ran on this computer with PWI a little after since ARC was first introduced a few times if I don't feel like switching computers and it got worse and worse since arc got more into effect. YEP SERVERS ARE HORRIBLE AND ARE OVERLOADED TO SEND INFO FAST ENOUGH (ITS NOT YOUR INTERNET), I have high speed internet of 35-50mbps. ITS BEEN TELLING ME THAT FOR A LONG TIME THAT SERVERS ARE TRASH!

Hopefully my high performance laptop that's not really old at all, can run PWI good enough? As I said, it got worse with newer additions. Probably not :\ since servers are trash for newer technology and if your lucky with newer technology..THE HECK? Mass majority have problems with PWI with their newer technology, at least all that I have talked to at least. All of majority and me have some type of issue with PWI with newer technology PERIOD! I laughed when PWI servers crashed one time long ago. So that proves it even more!

All I know is that I got 17FPS-27FPS and sometimes barely 35FPS if lucky with my laptop but huge freezes of 10Kping sometimes last time I played on it URGHH PWI YOU LITERALLY ARE TERRIBLE WITH YOUR SERVERS WITH NEWER TECHNOLOGY! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Last time I played there was less cat-shops setup in Arc-saur so that says something that some people have left! It seemed more quieter too. That's all I know of. I know what's up PWI! I'm not happy! I was in arch with 1FPS just standing and not moving, but I can look around you know. You lost some players! I know that for a fact!
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ever since the addition of Nation Wars with the updates, it got worse! That update basically overloads the server! I'm not saying get rid of Nation Wars, I'm saying it became an issue with overload! I download re-download the game hoping it would improve my game experience; nope its PWI!

The fact of the issue is that PWI servers are out-dated 2005 technology and they can't send the info fast enough to be compatible with faster and newer technology computers. THAT SAYS IT ALL!

It's not the servers so much as it is the old coding/engine. PWI was coded around the same time as that other large MMO - the only difference being the same dev company has worked on that other MMO since its inception.

This game suffered from the lack of competent development when Archosaur was taken off the project, and only recently got them back - after the majority of the damage had already been done.

The game will only benefit from being coded on a new engine, which is extremely unlikely to ever happen. You could throw all the hardware in the world at it, and it's still going to lag and/or crash - simply because it's o-l-d.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
    edited June 2015
    It is the servers! Its single core and not multi. Its not compatible as much at all for newer OS and newer technology and yes coding is a huge factor too. The fact of my talking to people its going to die eventually. Why? Because people's computers can't handle the old coding. There is still as many players, but it looked like not as much to me to last time I really played PWI. I can complain all I want, but eventually PWI will need to just get a better game engine and upgrade to multi-servers!

Old game engine and old server that's not multi. Its fact PWI needs to step it up! People have quit because of it being so bad, even if you have a high performance computer!

I have got this type of error many of times. Update Driver and NOTHING! I know what I know! Everything PWI told me never helps and honestly they are the worst customer service EVER! ITS PWI NOT ME! I can tell PWI ignored me of my support tickets! I told PWI that it needs to step it up, but nope PWI never considered to fix code with all the DxDiag-logs and graphics card info I sent; PWI did absolutely nothing!
    [IMG]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee414/SylenThunder/2j5m8ag.png[/IMG]

(GOT THIS PIC FROM ANOTHER FORUM) Sorry don't know how to post images.

I really suggest of them to use Unreal. I'm not an expert with game engines. I'm not the typical person that knew this, but its one the best game engines out there, hearing from some T-E-R-A players I have played with. This game engine has been updated for better use to newer technology at least as I have heard.

One PWI official actually admitted that there game engine is trash and the servers too; I've seen forums. You can eventually find it on google searching. Just why have PWI not stepped up on their coding at least? All that PWI is doing is overloading their game engine and servers so that it can't send all the info-code as fast enough to be compatible with big additions of game updates.

I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT PWI-SERVERS HAVE CRASHED BEFORE. I'm not lying!

I'm not the real expert here, but thinking forward its both the old-game engine and the fact the server is outdated by means of single core. PWI really needs to step it up!

ITS 2015 NOT 2005!
    edited June 2015
    It is the servers! Its single core and not multi. Its not compatible as much at all for newer OS and newer technology and yes coding is a huge factor too. The fact of my talking to people its going to die eventually. Why? Because people's computers can't handle the old coding. There is still as many players, but it looked like not as much to me to last time I really played PWI. I can complain all I want, but eventually PWI will need to just get a better game engine and upgrade to multi-servers!

Old game engine and old server that's not multi. Its fact PWI needs to step it up! People have quit because of it being so bad, even if you have a high performance computer!

I have got this type of error many of times. Update Driver and NOTHING! I know what I know! Everything PWI told me never helps and honestly they are the worst customer service EVER! ITS PWI NOT ME! I can tell PWI ignored me of my support tickets! I told PWI that it needs to step it up, but nope PWI never considered to fix code with all the DxDiag-logs and graphics card info I sent; PWI did absolutely nothing!
    [IMG]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee414/SylenThunder/2j5m8ag.png[/IMG]

(GOT THIS PIC FROM ANOTHER FORUM) Sorry don't know how to post images.

I really suggest of them to use Unreal. I'm not an expert with game engines. I'm not the typical person that knew this, but its one the best game engines out there, hearing from some T-E-R-A players I have played with. This game engine has been updated for better use to newer technology at least as I have heard.

One PWI official actually admitted that there game engine is trash and the servers too; I've seen forums. You can eventually find it on google searching. Just why have PWI not stepped up on their coding at least? All that PWI is doing is overloading their game engine and servers so that it can't send all the info-code as fast enough to be compatible with bigger addition to the game updates.

I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT PWI-SERVERS HAVE CRASHED BEFORE. I'm not lying!

I'm not the real expert here, but thinking forward its both the old-game engine and the fact the server is outdated by means of single core. PWI really needs to step it up!

ITS 2015 NOT 2005!
    PWI's engine doesn't operate on more than one core - that's what I was talking about. Upgrading a server only does so much when the game itself doesn't utilize the extra hardware.

Please, though, tell me more about a game that I've run fully on my own PC before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
    edited June 2015
    You might be lucky enough only if your graphics card has a bit of the same principles of some coding with drivers that apparently run compatible with PWI coding. Basically I'm saying same drivers, but better graphics card. As I said I've talked to people with extreme computers. Whatever it is? Anyways they said they have had issues PWI. I'm not stupid to realize that I'm right with what I've seen or heard. It depends, PWI is not really compatible with some computers with newer technology. The game runs poor and does not use newer CPU to run as great as you want it. I thought I made that clear?
    edited June 2015
    You might be lucky enough only if your graphics card has a bit of the same principles of some coding with drivers that apparently run compatible with PWI coding. As I said I've talked to people with extreme computers. Whatever it is? Anyways they said they have had issues PWI. I'm not stupid to realize that I'm right with what I've seen or heard. It depends, PWI is not really compatible with some computers with newer technology. The game runs poor and does not use newer CPU to run as great as you want it. I thought I made that clear?

All of the problems you listed there are related to the age of the engine and code. Not one of those is related to the servers...

Also, PWI doesn't use graphics cards for much, if at all. It was created at a time when CPUs were the only powerful part of computers, and graphics cards were basically worthless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2015
    Its both! I talked about both! Simply both! Old game engine (with bad coding) and old-single-core servers. If in fact that you have a computer by luck that you can run PWI, your lucky! The fact is I have talked to people that have really great computers and they are confused to why PWI runs so poor on on some gamer computer they own. They told me specs enough that they made this game look like a joke on game-code and compatibility.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    PWI is coded to run well on old computers. The corollary to this is it doesn't run much better on new computers.

Since PW's major user base is in China (PWI, and all the other licensed version, are small potatoes compared to Wanmei's userbase), I'm guessing that a large part of that is using older computers, not bleeding edge gaming rigs. As long as that's the case, there is no incentive for the devs (who, remember, are Chinese) to update the engine to take advantage of modern hardware.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited June 2015
    China has new technology! HONG KONG! BIG TECH! Besides we get some shipment of computer parts from china! People have new computers too in China. If they don't step it up and get new tech and fix their coding to run for newer computers, there is going to be a problem of them losing money in a few years. Its not like they are going to lose a lot of money, they make enough money $$$$$ at least right now! Just the fact it might and I'm sorry it seemed more quiet that eventually PWI could shut down in a few years; just saying. Also if they make enough money sure enough PWI can upgrade at least by now.

PWI never helped me EVER! I'm running a computer with a different MMO with max settings and it runs just fine and the graphics are way more superior than PWI LOL. Something is telling me its PWI and not simply my computer.

Everyone knows PWI needs to fix their horrible coding and other things. It used to be better and now its horrible! PWI needs to listen to their customers and help them get the most experience possible! PWI has NEVER helped me get me to that experience of not having any issue or fixing my issues with any GPU support what so ever! All the customer service or tech support does is rant something that does not even help at all! PWI customer tech support says to send your Dxdiag and graphics info and they did nothing to help improve my gamer experience! I even got ignored on my support tickets, its like ,"Oh its you again". I had some that are nicer than others and sorta helped to some degree; just a dns-flush LOL. Like a dns-flush really helped, but sorta helped. Still why on earth did PWI want my Dxdiag and graphics info if they did not even improve my game experience with GPU support or simply helping my computer run better with the game? I have the right to say something! Its basically a slap to my face acting like they are helping me and simply want me to hush up for awhile.

Simply arc is another program that simply slows down your game performance anyways too, when simply you have a internet browser open (arc is basically another launcher), a game launcher/patcher (arc helps it run), and game! 2 launchers and game is ridiculous! So PWI thinks arc will make it better for everyone, when PWI's coding is horrible, servers are single core, and simply a horrible game engine? Answer is NO! Its time for a step up! PWI are making it worse! All that arc is some tool to download games, but a bit of requirement to play PWI and just to run or simply update, that's ridiculous!

If simply a player spends at least $1K or more on this game with pre-paid cards or any ways for paying for gold, they can afford newer technology eventually with still the cost of paying for servers to run each month with how much players they had years ago, and furthermore pay its employers. Stores pay to get shipping of those pre-cards enough as it is, so PWI makes enough of profit. They make enough profit from credit-card payments too.

I don't know I spent like 2K or more on pre-paid cards? Perhaps more? People spend a lot of money on PWI! So why not upgrade with new tech? There some people that spent money enough to buy a used car LOL after playing a few years. COME ON they can upgrade by now!