Seal:Harshlands Challenge?

nunja1
nunja1 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
I have somehow received two things in my inventory called Seal:Harshlands that have something to do with some vague quest and I can't find any clear information about it.

I am level 29 and what little I could find tells me there are mobs involved that are way too strong for me. I can't get rid of these two things and I really don't have room in my bag to just hold on to them. I also can't find any indication of what to ACTUALLY DO about it to pursue it or anything.

Can anyone educate me?

Thanks!
Post edited by nunja1 on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    if you google "seal:harshlands" its literally the first result

also the 2nd stickied quest guide on forum

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1737791
  • nunja1
    edited June 2015
    Thank you so much. I quit google for bing and didn't find it.
    I swear I searched this forum for the exact text and found hundreds of listings and didn't see it in there either. Wow, will have to do this awake more I guess.

That guide doesn't say what level a quest it is. Will I be able to hang with a level 30 or so toon?

I played this game about 4 years ago and just came back when the devs at Archeage started turning the game to ****. Strange enough, my old account is still alive with several toons I left behind. May have to login to that one and jump back in at higher level (70 or so).
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2015
    these arent traditional quests, its like a seperate system, so dont expect xp/spirit/coin rewards, so not too great to do at lower levels

the seals indicate the general area of the quest, harshlands area is lvl 90+mobs, so as you can guess youll be around lvl 90 mobs and might have to kill some

lvl/area map in case http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6V7w17wNNo8/RigP5oFOdMI/AAAAAAAAAE0/WittI3vrPI4/s1600-h/PW-LvLMapGuide.jpg

in short, leave it for much much much much later.

it was a genious idea, a riddle based pve bonus set of location based game lore to boost stats up for those more dedicated, but our translations are often useless, and the entire system got powercreeped badly into minimal value
  • nunja1
    edited June 2015
    Really kind of ridiculous to even allow me to take it at this level, especially since it takes up slots to store the undeletable frickin things! What the hell were they thinking?
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    nunja1 wrote: »
    Really kind of ridiculous to even allow me to take it at this level, especially since it takes up slots to store the undeletable frickin things! What the hell were they thinking?

Just sell the seal to an npc. And they probably let any leve p players take it due to the rebirthing thing, you can be in full r9rr gear as low as 30, more than strong enough to do any title quest, so they didn't bother with level restriction.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2015
    nunja1 wrote: »

in the guide i linked from the second paragraph:

"The seal items in your inventory are only meant to serve as a hint on how to complete the chain and is not needed for the chain itself. You can NPC this item at any time. ę
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    On quest just click yes on everything..but other than that don't even do the stupid title quest because you will randomly have a title pop up some time in the game..its a waste of time.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Some quests can be done at very high (historical) level.

Example is below.
    Today got level 90.

After some preparations (equipment and new quests) I got Treasure Hunting Quest (Adventure) to get chest of Treasures 10.

And those chest must be dropped from mini boss level 105 with 6 millions HP Sea Patrol-Dragonroar.

I started to tank it as you can see at following images:

First
    Second

Since those boss has wide strong AOE, then I set my Cleric as far as possible above me.

During fight Archer level 100+ asked if he can join squad and helped a lot (his damage output was great).

Really he even got aggro before death of the boss.

As I understand he had to kill those boss for Title quest Fiend before, lackey now..

And about next ...
    ...they probably let any leve p players take it due to the rebirthing thing, you can be in full r9rr gear as low as 30, more than strong enough to do any title quest, so they didn't bother with level restriction.

they could restrict it by historical level.