New Miniture Mounts

Neodaystar - Sanctuary
Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Why is it that all of the recent new mounts from the most recent packs are so small? They are like 50% smaller than the normal size mounts (in height and length). I hope this was a mistake and the devs can enlarge them.

- The buck beak hippogriff
- Mechanical Lion
- That snow beast

They are all like pony puppy size, they look nice, but their small size makes it not so desirable (at least for me and all my friends). And on my server you can get them for under 100 mil, less than most of the larger new mounts that just been released in the past.

What are your thoughts on these miniature mounts? Like 'em? Hate em? Wished there was something else?
Post edited by Neodaystar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• sinithsky
    sinithsky Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yes they are small but that's not why i'm posting. just happy that there is someone else out there who calls the new mount Buckbeak. Hooray for Potterheads!b:victory
    It's not how CRAZY I AM that but how much I ENJOY it that makes me DANGEROUS!
    in a singsong voice "I can destroy the world. total Anhailation, wiping out every nation. i will cleanse the glove with fire."
    10 points to those who know where that's from
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's because of the degenerate inbred cells.
    Due to the massive amount of pack only mounts, causing a severe lack of space for them (they are in a tiny pack item after all) to find a mate. Causing them to find the first partner in sight, which is most likely a family member.
    The lannisters will tell you the rest.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Elsariel - Sanctuary
    Elsariel - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Even if it is tiny, I'd still love Buckbeak because... Childhood memories. <3

Most of the other mounts I don't care much about to be honest, so I guess I fall under the 'indifferent' option. Think the smaller mounts will appeal more to those with small screens or who just like to see more of the world around them while riding around. Even with max zoom out, some mounts are ridiculous, taking up space wise, such as the Solaris Phoenix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Now we're all mad here."
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    b:laugh I haven't seen the hippogriff whatever thing but I got the mechanical lion mount on my sin and it looks like a good size.

That said, my sin is a stick figure....b:surrender
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • QueNa - Sanctuary
    QueNa - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    having variety in sizes is good
    Lurking forums for years sometimes posting.
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Size matters :>
    b:bye
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    pwi is simply acknowledging the declinine in the server populations, and therefore they apply the process of insular dwarfism (wikipedia link) to the mounts. b:chuckle
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    These are the new Teacup Mounts lol
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    is it possible to use .ini file to change mount size? Is it legal?
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2015

They aren't described in ini files, you'd have to mess in datafiles of PWI, which is not allowed because you're altering game files then.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Even if you would alter game files, the change would be only visible on your screen. There is no way to transfer manipulated data to the servers. You would even have to manipulate the patch files to let others get the change.

The only exception is the shape of your characters. You can alter the .ini files and upload those data with a "makeover scroll".

The game would be extremely laggy if you would have to download the shape of all mounts, fashion, flyers (, environment) and so on on a permanent manner (that's e.g. how the lag fest secondlife works).
    That's the big advantage of client games, the data are already on your disk. That's why you can log in the game for 24h and just stream ~10MB.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's because of the degenerate inbred cells.
    Due to the massive amount of pack only mounts, causing a severe lack of space for them (they are in a tiny pack item after all) to find a mate. Causing them to find the first partner in sight, which is most likely a family member.
    The lannisters will tell you the rest.

I lol'ed.

+10. b:laughb:laughb:chuckleb:victory
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)