Unable to get rid of Crystal of Grudge

Molniya - Dreamweaver
Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Quality Corner
I have one of these left over from when I was doing my OHT quests. Now the one I have is unable to be traded, and unable to be sold. That's fine, I thought, there's a quest to trade these in for coins in Unicorn Valley! I'll just go sell it there...

Except that the quest gives an error every time I try it, something about the quest being Invalid.

I'm guessing I might have an old item that was changed for a sellable one or something, but right now this thing is sitting in my bank toon's safe, taking up room because I can't do anything with it :c Could the quest to sell the item be looked at and maybe fixed? I'd hate to have to make a toon just for the purpose of deleting it to get rid of the item >_<
Post edited by Molniya - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2015
    Unfortunately, this is a known issue that the developers have said they are unable to fix.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...man that's so stupid. How can it be unable to be fixed, it's only a quest to take an item like the bajillion other quests like it we have XD Thanks anyway Surtr. I guess I'll make a trash toon and Account Stash it to them and delete them after maint.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I had that problem.

Basically you take one quest and get that item from a dig, but when you finish the quest it doesn't send you to a next one. You have to look for it. Or, if you are lazy like me, you can use pwdatabase.

I had that item in inventory for a long time before I decided to stop wondering around and check database.

According to pwdatabase there are 4 quests (all in Unicorn Forest iirc) that use the Crystal of Grudge. I'm not sure it's still valid, but when I did take the next quest it worked. It also made me stop doing OHT quests.

Hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What I did was put it in my account stash, make a lvl 1 char, take the crystal on it then delete the new char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    there is an npc in unicorn forest that you can exchange the crystal of grudge for 1k coin. its located in the small town that is close to the messenger of time when you first enter unicorn forest. its the merchant that your looking for.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...man that's so stupid. How can it be unable to be fixed, it's only a quest to take an item like the bajillion other quests like it we have XD Thanks anyway Surtr. I guess I'll make a trash toon and Account Stash it to them and delete them after maint.

"Unable" translated to english: "There is more money in creating new cash shop items than fixing errors."
    I sure they could fix it if they wanted, but there is no proffit in it