I don't understand...

13»

Comments

• __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2015

People remember the time where Nirvana was difficult and actually needed 6 decent people to run? mhm.
    Later we saw squads of 2 people (mostly sin mains with BM/veno alts) do it within 4 minutes.

Vana runs were quick but not that quick. Vana has 7(+99 keys one) bosses. Even 1 sparking all bosses, what 2 man squads didnt do, the travel time from boss to boss would make runs take more than 4mins.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited June 2015

I did read what I linked. Did you?

Maybe you could enlighten me... No wait, you're serious? You think they are disabled for having an opinion b:surrender

OMA(Oh My Ant).

Due to my autism I cannot handle the combination of a timer(in the form of killing the mobs fast enough) and the huge multitasking(timer+head+spitting+ explody mobs+correct use of skills/pots/position)

Actually in the post you linked.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Vana runs were quick but not that quick. Vana has 7(+99 keys one) bosses. Even 1 sparking all bosses, what 2 man squads didnt do, the travel time from boss to boss would make runs take more than 4mins.

well yea but it was not really that much longer (maybe 6 min max)
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited June 2015
    well yea but it was not really that much longer (maybe 6 min max)

I would say the 4-6man squads, depending on squad were ~6-7min. The 2man squads were ~10min mark. Sure, the best 2man squads could break 10min mark but most didnt. The reason to do 2man was so you could split it 2 ways and thus each run landed drastically larger loot, even if they took few mins more. As keys were the biggest restricting factor, getting better deal per key was extremely appealing.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited June 2015
    I would say the 4-6man squads, depending on squad were ~6-7min. The 2man squads were ~10min mark. Sure, the best 2man squads could break 10min mark but most didnt. The reason to do 2man was so you could split it 2 ways and thus each run landed drastically larger loot, even if they took few mins more. As keys were the biggest restricting factor, getting better deal per key was extremely appealing.

fair enough i guess. Later when people got g15+10 (dagger with SS/int) or r9 the runs where faster then your typical g13+10 5aps squads and so it was faster by a fair amount.
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited June 2015
    fair enough i guess. Later when people got g15+10 (dagger with SS/int) or r9 the runs where faster then your typical g13+10 5aps squads and so it was faster by a fair amount.

Well Archo was young server when we got NW so maybe our gear just never really catched to older ones. I know I was one of like 10 sins who had N3 dags before NW. And out of those 10 only 1 was +12, I was +10 or +11, cant remember, there were 2 more +10s and rest were under that. Because we were such a young server we didnt have all that many N2+12 or even +10 dags on server. And R9s? There might of been few more than N3s but not by large margin.

All in all it might be those quick squads were far more common on older servers than on Archo, which is where I got my vana experience.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited June 2015
    Well Archo was young server when we got NW so maybe our gear just never really catched to older ones. I know I was one of like 10 sins who had N3 dags before NW. And out of those 10 only 1 was +12, I was +10 or +11, cant remember, there were 2 more +10s and rest were under that. Because we were such a young server we didnt have all that many N2+12 or even +10 dags on server. And R9s? There might of been few more than N3s but not by large margin.

All in all it might be those quick squads were far more common on older servers than on Archo, which is where I got my vana experience.

On HL there where like 3 types of squads in WC, typical when x2 drops where on.

One squad was a kinda free for all squad, where it did not matter that much how much aps you had or what weapon (mostly r8 weapon)
    This squad was the rarest squad of them all

Second squad was your typical g13+10 squad, mostly 4/5 aps. This was the most common.

Third squad where the g15 squads +10 and up mostly and ofc r9 and this squad caught up with time.

Remember the threads in the forums from casters complaining about aps? yea those where the times. b:cute

But back to topic (kinda) the game gets easier with every update and people go solo mostly to stuff they can solo on their own.
    TT would be a example for money making or alt equipping.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2015

But back to topic (kinda) the game gets easier with every update and people go solo mostly to stuff they can solo on their own.
    TT would be a example for money making or alt equipping.

Please, don't say from all pwi players.

You are not alone.

I heard your tales, but I know truth:

I can't attend to NW. I'm from Europe, When i started playing there was no EU server, They don't offer transfers and I'm not going to give up a R8 barb with a lot of sage skills in which I have invested a lot of time :(

So how am I supposed to get the money for stuff? TT drops hate me (Seriously, they do), limited playtime so Can't even do a lot of jones stuff while still leveling back on my first RB. TT99 is hard to get, no one wants to do nirvana, so hard to find candies and rapture's, so my only aim now is Morai G15 gear... And even that is atlas 5m/piece to buy :/
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Le sigh. Read what you linked. They brought handicapped people being unable to merchant. I have worked with handicapped people and those specific ones would of not been able to merchant for why I acknowledged the point of handicapped people being unable to merch. But they suspect my brother has Aspergers, which is highly functioning form of autism so I understand fully well there are different levels of disabilities where some would not affect merching negatively. I do forget how careful one has to be when speaking of certain topics, there is always somebody ready to get their panties in a bunch over careless word.

I feel I should clarify that I took no offense to anything you said in your reply to that post of mine. I think I got the gist of what you meant.
    And thank you, Asperger's was the word I couldn't think of, I can never remember the specific name. And yeah, it doesn't affect everyone the same, my two best friends in jr high/high school also had Asperger's, and one of them it was majorly emotional. She was actually really smart and really good at all the things I seem to have trouble with. She'd prolly have no problem merchanting or running FWS(her level of focus is amazing), though she'd also prolly throw her laptop out the window the second she dies to a lag spike.

Shifting to topic to something less annoying, I really do think it would be a good thing if at least the T3/R9 molds were tradeable, or added to some other instances(Nirvana!). I prefer to make my own gear as it makes me feel accomplished. But with the molds being non-tradeable my only option if I want to craft my own weapon is to find a squad willing to take an extra who is unable to solo a pavilion.