Mystical Eye (Requirements for unstealthing feature?)

koryn7
koryn7 Posts: 48 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Mystic
b:pleased Hi guys. I finally got mystical eye! It does pull up that box and shows people nearby in stealth, however when I experimented with a friend it did not unstealth her, even though she was the same max level as me (even in demon book). The first time, she stealthed near me in south archo and it didn't unstealth, though it did recognize her in the little box. We dueled for the second time, again in south arch and it did not unstealth her. The third time we went into warsong, she left squad and stealthed and again...it did not unstealth her. Also, everytime, it did like 1 damage to her. So does is it basically a low-powered aoe?

So...here is my main question: is there something I am missing? Do I have to turn on pk mode for this to work? Does it not work in safe zones? In other words, are there any specific circumstances required for this to unstealth people nearby not listed in the skill description? b:cute ty in advance for the help!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It does indeed emit a very low-powered aoe to unstealth enemies. (Protip: you can use it to hold agro on mobs in PV)

It doesn't seem to work in duels for whatever reason. And it's subject to the usual stealth requirements: your highest historical level is compared to the enemy's. At 105 you should be able to unstealth anyone. (confirmation on that? I'm not 105)
  • koryn7
    koryn7 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It does indeed emit a very low-powered aoe to unstealth enemies. (Protip: you can use it to hold agro on mobs in PV)

It doesn't seem to work in duels for whatever reason. And it's subject to the usual stealth requirements: your highest historical level is compared to the enemy's. At 105 you should be able to unstealth anyone. (confirmation on that? I'm not 105)

Ok. Thanks for the info! :D
  • Roahk - Raging Tide
    Roahk - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Nope, I've tested it, It's Current lvl vs Current lvl

Example: if my historical is 105-105-103, using it will only unstealth player with current lvl 103 or lower.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Interesting, good to know.
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Personally i prefer Espionage Potion's, for something like like NW i tend to check map to see locations of people (kinda feels like cheating since it shows opposing nation too) and if i see on map but not battle then it's probably a sin (or map didn't refresh properly).
    Thing is Mystical eye will only list all stealthed people within 50meter range but will only unstealth (if it's not a word, it is now dammit >.>) within 25meters, and i like Espionage Potion more because it wont bring up that annoying list and it may not unstealth people but you will see them beeing in stealth and can just hit them to force them out of stealth for others to see...and then ofc murder horribly^^.
    The pots are cheap if i recall correctly so no problem getting a bunch of em~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Personally i prefer Espionage Potion's, for something like like NW i tend to check map to see locations of people (kinda feels like cheating since it shows opposing nation too) and if i see on map but not battle then it's probably a sin (or map didn't refresh properly).
    Thing is Mystical eye will only list all stealthed people within 50meter range but will only unstealth (if it's not a word, it is now dammit >.>) within 25meters, and i like Espionage Potion more because it wont bring up that annoying list and it may not unstealth people but you will see them beeing in stealth and can just hit them to force them out of stealth for others to see...and then ofc murder horribly^^.
    The pots are cheap if i recall correctly so no problem getting a bunch of em~

When they introduced this skill, I was myself not a big fan of the pop-up. But I now find it very useful (especially in NW) because you can see the names.
    It might sound weird but in most situations, it's not that important for me to unstealth them. I mean that this is better (obviously) but less important than just being aware there is one (or more) sin around and check the name to see if this is someone that could hurt (and then getting ready for that)

As for potions, I must admit I haven't used them in a long time, but don't they share cooldown with some "more useful" pots ?
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As for potions, I must admit I haven't used them in a long time, but don't they share cooldown with some "more useful" pots ?

Nope has it's own cooldown, and seems to be quest driven, so would be interesting to see if you can use them with a full quest list.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    edited June 2015
    I used those pots quite alot last NW i did, it's effect last's 30 seconds with 2min cooldown, and yes it is quest driven meaning you can use it without putting cooldown on other pot's as well.
    There is my NW vid in my YT channel where i used them quite a bit if need an example and can be bothered to watch it...
    Edit: That list also shows stealthed sin's from your nation as well and i would assume would show sins from your faction in TW (never did TW don't know) so for me it's just...i dunno i seen quite alot of people in my server now so that list showing names might tell who i am going up against or maybe who's on the same side~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    edited June 2015
    Oh, description of Espionage Potion:
    Increases stealth detection level by 30

Stealth level=Character level+stealth skill level
    detection skill level=character level+detection skill level
    you can detect stealthed players whose stealth level is no higher then your detection level
    lasts 30 seconds. cooldown 2 minutes.

Ensure you have at least 1 quest slot open while using it.
    so yeah can't have full quest list~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]