Tanking endgame: sufficient?

Options
Dragoneast - Sanctuary
Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Barbarian
So I've got nice Hellfire Hatchets: Sky from moral and will join Shroud soon to farm Omniscient armor. If i have those 5 armor pieces and axes all at +3 or 4, will I be able to able to survive endgame PvE? MY endgame is really just PVE as i can't TW/NW due to timezones
I'll maybe upgrade it with with stuff from Quicksand maze later.
I do not need much,
I do not have much,
I do not miss much,
I have love and friendship,
To compensate for that!
Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
Started in genie patch :)
Post edited by Dragoneast - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Roar_King - Sanctuary
    Roar_King - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So I've got nice Hellfire Hatchets: Sky from moral and will join Shroud soon to farm Omniscient armor. If i have those 5 armor pieces and axes all at +3 or 4, will I be able to able to survive endgame PvE? MY endgame is really just PVE as i can't TW/NW due to timezones
    I'll maybe upgrade it with with stuff from Quicksand maze later.

Yes. Morai set is good for PvE. Just work on refine +7 can be cheap and on ornaments for HP and defense.
    If you are in trouble set your genie with some skill like Solid Shield, Tree of Protection or Absolute Domain.

Hard part is take aggro with alot of r999 DD around. Maybe Alpha Male on genie can help your aggro skills (Ream and Stomp of the King).
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Alpha Male works like Roar - it is an aggro reset skill with a tiny bit of extra aggro on yourself. It shouldn't be used for aggro holding, it's an emergency or initial aggro taking skill. Roar should also NEVER be in the aggro combo while tanking bosses, since each use wipes the aggro list.

Skills you'll need for aggro holding are (sage/demon) Flesh Ream and Stomp of the King (AEU). Optional: Untamed Wrath (good for chi regain and builds nice aggro too). Also optional: Sage/Demon Bestial Rage - handy to rebuild chi while tanking, especially demon barbs spamming ream burn a lot of chi. Sage barbs have less of a problem with it.

Will you survive in that? Yes. Will you deal a lot of damage? Not as much.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I got quite some sage skills, including both buffs, tiger form, bestial rage, flesh ream, frighten, feral passive, shape shift ofc and axe mastery
    How is +7 easily obtainable? It's all expensive and due to timezone and time I can't make a lot of coin (so no jones and stuff like that) or even NW
    My genie has earth flame, Tree of protection, solid shield, holy path and 1 more, not sure if it was alpha male or the one that makes targets take more damage.
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    To compensate for that!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    How is +7 easily obtainable?

Keep an eye out for arc codes, events, promotions etc. for Demon/Sage Event Gold cards. Gather event gold and then you can use Tisha/Tienkang from the event boutique to refine your things. You can get mirages from BHs.

Getting +7 with event refine aids is fairly easy, unless you're having some really bad luck, but you need a decent amount of event gold. You can start with +5'ing everything and then refine higher if youget more event gold.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Okie thanks
    Also Desdi, why u delete me from your FL when i've only been off for 1 and a half year D:
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    To compensate for that!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Okie thanks
    Also Desdi, why u delete me from your FL when i've only been off for 1 and a half year D:

I probably run out of space and wanted to add someone else so I deleted you seeing as you hadn't been around. o.o One and a half year is a pretty long time, I assumed you quit for good.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hellfire Hatchets are not a bad set of axes for a barb.
    can easily roll 3 vit/ hp bonus on them which will give you an extra 2k HP.

Normal hits are abit low compared to other weps, however armageddon makes up for it.
    think ive done a couple of mil damage with thoose axes.

granted it is no r93, and that Sac does out DD them, but for 17 mil? cant go wrong
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I got Atk lvl+2, HP+350 and reduce phys dmg taken by 2%
    2 sockets, perfetct amber and garnet
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    To compensate for that!