Easy 100% Channeling

dat1guyy
dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Stormbringer
I never got around to playing around to achieve the most channeling but now I realized how easy it is to obtain. This calculator is one of multiple methods to achieve 75% channeling for sage SBs.

http://mypers.pw/1.6/#95015

Note that the legs do not normally roll Chan but I have added -6 Chan for the rrr9 set bonus which gives -6 Chan with two pieces equipped. Obviously, this is not PVP or much DPS viable but I do find it super useful in Celestial Tigers Event and such situations where you could need channel over damage (helping lowbies, mob killing, etc).

There are a lot of alternatives such has find a 9 or 12 channel neck instead of rolling 13 channeling on weapon, and more but this shows how easy it is to gain 100% channeling if you are sage. Even for demon SBs if you an get 6% channeling from neck and such you can still obtain max channel.

Luckily for me I already have a 9% channeling neck and everything else so I can't wait to try this out once rrr9 weapon is released. b:victory
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dat1guyy wrote: »
    I never got around to playing around to achieve the most channeling but now I realized how easy it is to obtain. This calculator is one of multiple methods to achieve 75% channeling for sage SBs.

http://mypers.pw/1.6/#95015

Note that the legs do not normally roll Chan but I have added -6 Chan for the rrr9 set bonus which gives -6 Chan with two pieces equipped. Obviously, this is not PVP or much DPS viable but I do find it super useful in Celestial Tigers Event and such situations where you could need channel over damage (helping lowbies, mob killing, etc).

There are a lot of alternatives such has find a 9 or 12 channel neck instead of rolling 13 channeling on weapon, and more but this shows how easy it is to gain 100% channeling if you are sage. Even for demon SBs if you an get 6% channeling from neck and such you can still obtain max channel.

Luckily for me I already have a 9% channeling neck and everything else so I can't wait to try this out once rrr9 weapon is released. b:victory

Yeah, I've had dual -chan adds on my r8r for a while, haven't bothered maxing to -13% though. Also dual -chan on 2 r8r armors. I was going to work on that some more, but I later looked and found 75% was achievable even with full r9rr gear. After that I stopped working on them, and just started saving for r9 gear buying. Earned about 300 gold since January, so looking to having it all in a few more months.
  • dat1guyy
    edited March 2015
    Just in case there is a misunderstanding, I mean it is easy to obtain by its availability not its cost. To some having an Emperor or rrr9 can be not "easy" in the a money view. However it is nice to show that we don't have to roll like -12 or higher necks and other lucky channeling rolls that can be expensive and super rare to get.

I hope this build does you good since my channeling gear is around 80 at the moment and it is allowing me to steamroll Celestial Tigers with 40-50k points already. One of those 5 days of being 1st place in my class I pulled a DoD and sold for 118mil to then further SB gear fund. b:thanks

I can't wait to see instant channel time on Town Portal and Supercell.
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well me and a friend did testing on this you don't even need 100% channeling as soon as you reach 81% you are already instant cast unless they changed the way channeling works in the last few years. He used hos cleric and used tempest on me and all it did was he raised his raised lowered it barely any time to notice it and I was hit by tempest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • dat1guyy
    edited July 2015
    Well it does look true like 81 channeling is almost already like instant, but it wont be instant until its like 100%. Even so, you are basically right as the channeling time on Tempest is 6 seconds and -81 channeling would make that close to 1 second channeling. There used to be a good cleric with a -15 channeling neck and a -12% channeling belt that showed his 95% channel cleric in a video. I don't think he still plays but the video is still here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdfdnFR-QD8

You can see how fast his cleric channels Revive and Tempest and even Town Portal. I can wait to try the same with 100% channeling. b:dirty
    Post edited by dat1guyy on
  • Puddinsundae - Harshlands
    Puddinsundae - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you hit 100%, doesn't it get bumped back down to 90%? I know it used to do that, idk if it's changed, but if that's the case then you should shoot for 99% tops.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you hit 100%, doesn't it get bumped back down to 90%? I know it used to do that, idk if it's changed, but if that's the case then you should shoot for 99% tops.

That is what I thought as well. Does anyone know if this has indeed changed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I spy AshenSkies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anything above 96% chan reduce leads to it being reduced to 90%. That means 96% chan reduce is the cap.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I thought 99% was the cap, as reported on the forum? (Never got anywhere close to that, myself.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • dat1guyy
    edited April 2015
    I was not aware of the cap but in the new PWI calculator, if you modify an item to give a total of 100% or more, the calculator caps it at 100%. I was searching for another thread on the forums and also on the pw wiki and I don't see any specified page or topic on there being a channeling cap. It is certain that APS is capped at 5 APS but I have not found any sources on a channeling cap.

Even so I will test this in game once I get my TM cape now. I just got my rrr9 weapon with 18 channeling on it and will hope to post a video when I do hit 100% or whatever the cap is.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/11v47qr.jpg

EDIT: I just tested my current gear which is 71% base channeling with 96% with downburst. It seems almost instantaneous with Super Cell and Thunderstrike literally almost no channeling time. I showed a couple people on our server and they were all pleased to see it. Even the Lunar Surge pushed back the mobs almost instantaneously and my Lunar Guidance buff seems to almost bug out (I don't even see any much blue effects due to its chan time)

I will hopefully post a video as possible as I can get to 100% to test where the cap is!
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    IIRC FaceRoll tested it a while back and I'm pretty sure he's said it maxes at 90. My memory could be off though, or it could have changed.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People are also basing most assumptions on old skill mechanics and classes, which may not apply in this case. I've tried doing after cast canceling on the basic skills, and haven't had it work yet on my SB. But it works on every other class and their skills. So SBs need to test both sets of skill types to see which have what cap.

And even then, each needs to be tested in the subsets, to make sure they aren't running into animation channel minimums which create an effective channeling cap per skill. BM skills are bad about that even, with some allowing complete after cast canceling, and some not allowing it at all, depending on the order they are done in.
  • God__himself - Archosaur
    God__himself - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hope this is not already a necro. b:shocked

But okay I finally got my Lunar Glade robe for my last piece of channeling gear. With the right gears equipped I get 77% base channeling and another 25% added on when I have Sage Downburst active to reach a total of 102%.

Gear: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#137005

Youtube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRu20NGEQAA

But like you mentioned there is still a channeling bar that I can see getting filled rather than it being instantaneous without seeing any channeling filling up in the bar.

Also I can't really tell the difference between 96% and 102% but I assume there is a cap somewhere or it is really such fast channeling that it feels impossible to notice (96% channel with a 1 second channeling skill would mean 0.04 channeling time, etc.)

Here is my Stormbringer playing around with 77/102 channeling around West Arch mobs. To be honest, it is pretty fun to drive by mobs with rapid-fire skills. b:chuckle

PWI YouTube Channel: -> youtube.com/channel/UCTBXOoQ0a4Y2tXg8XnzvVBg

SweetHara lvl 105-105-103 SB -> mypers.pw/1.8/#141749

God__himself lvl 105-105-102 Cleric
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Use Town Port for Channel Testing. On a very long Chan skill like this it is easy to see the dif. If you are at 102% just take of 9% and 12% and test it again with that stuff. normal skills are too short in chan to see a dif. but be careful to interrupt TP...you dont wanna wait 1 hour :p Still. 96% used to be the max cap in former days.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
    edited June 2015
    At 102% it still seems faster than at 96% so I don't think channel would be nerfed down if you go over the cap. Seems a bit unfair if 96% channel stays at 96% while 102 channel becomes 90% instead.

I tried to cast Town Portal with 102% and I could not cancel it in time and ended up porting..b:chuckle

I will practice this more when I can afford to put the spell on cd.

• Jasriana - Heavens Tear
    Jasriana - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just tested to be sure. at -99% channel, town teleport and absorb soul is nearly instantaneous. At -129% channel you can see the bar fill slower. the difference is very noticable. Channel has always reset to -90 after hitting -100 for as long as I've been playing. you can see this using an eye of observation under 'Mag. Save'
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And what does the character window tells?

EDIT: Erm... Nvm. Forgot that window doesn't say anything about channeling. Major fail. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
    edited June 2015
    If that is the case I will look into it again. I know sometimes the same skill can be cast at different speeds due to PWI lag or delay. For an example if I cast Downburst continuously they are not all the same speed.

Just tested but still looks instantaneous from 99 to 102 channeling. I used Supercell and Thunderstrike for the longer channeling skills. In fact at 102 channeling, most of my spells are slightly faster than those at 99 channeling. Maybe it nerfed only if you exceed past 110 or 120 I am not sure. b:sad

• dat1guyy
    edited June 2015
    Okay definitely 102 channeling gives me a faster Town Portal than 99 channeling. I'm not exactly sure but I would think there is a nerf like that every 2 channeling after let's say 90 becomes 1 channeling. So perhaps 99 is actually 94.5 and 102 is 96?

I've tested it multiple times and there is a significant difference at least for long channeling times (of course Town Portal). Maybe once I find better channeling ornaments I can further test this.