Official Annoucement on Territory War Map Resets Inside! (UPDATE NUMBER 3)

Comments

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    To make a long post short... your "to the idiot above me" and subsequent section of your post was in response to someone saying that we should thank strumslinger since what he did for us just now isn't actually a part of his job.

And he was responding to someone who was very much on strumslinger's case rather than a general PWE higher ups thing.

If you had actually read my post I quoted someone complete different and agreed with them about why we don't have TW rewards yet so my "initial post" was about that and adding the sneer to the person above me was just an afterthought. I realize that Viktorian was just trying to defend strumslinger and that the person above him was being a jerk, however my point still stand. We don't really owe them thanks for just doing their job, and if strumslinger just "happens" to be helping us than as far as I am concerned its his job. Where is OUR CM? That's the real question. My point still stands, PWE needs to do their jobs.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    If you had actually read my post I quoted someone complete different and agreed with them about why we don't have TW rewards yet so my "initial post" was about that and adding the sneer to the person above me was just an afterthought. I realize that Viktorian was just trying to defend strumslinger and that the person above him was being a jerk, however my point still stand. We don't really owe them thanks for just doing their job, and if strumslinger just "happens" to be helping us than as far as I am concerned its his job. Where is OUR CM? That's the real question. My point still stands, PWE needs to do their jobs.

I did read your post. Which is why I pointed out an issue with a specific portion instead of the entire thing. Your point doesn't stand for strumslinger since the whole point of what I'm telling you is that helping us is not his job. He has other things to manage and since we aren't a part of it, him going off and exceeding his boundaries is potentially detrimental for him. So with that in mind, consider what you're saying here and what others going off on him are doing. Why on earth would he want to put himself in any form of risk to help a group of people who act like selfish, immature, and ungrateful idiots? The answer: He wouldn't.

Sure PWE as a whole has been lacking... but look at how we act when the few people in the company who try to help us go out of their way to lend us a hand! Give the folks doing extra for us proper thanks instead of dragging the things they do into another QQfest. Last thing we need is that when we get the next CM, they look at the forums, see how you guys act, and decide to do the absolute bare minimum simply to avoid dealing with all the **** that tends to get thrown at any staff member brave enough to show their face around here.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • zoner112012
    edited June 2015
    I did read your post. Which is why I pointed out an issue with a specific portion instead of the entire thing. Your point doesn't stand for strumslinger since the whole point of what I'm telling you is that helping us is not his job. He has other things to manage and since we aren't a part of it, him going off and exceeding his boundaries is potentially detrimental for him. So with that in mind, consider what you're saying here and what others going off on him are doing. Why on earth would he want to put himself in any form of risk to help a group of people who act like selfish, immature, and ungrateful idiots? The answer: He wouldn't.

Sure PWE as a whole has been lacking... but look at how we act when the few people in the company who try to help us go out of their way to lend us a hand! Give the folks doing extra for us proper thanks instead of dragging the things they do into another QQfest. Last thing we need is that when we get the next CM, they look at the forums, see how you guys act, and decide to do the absolute bare minimum simply to avoid dealing with all the **** that tends to get thrown at any staff member brave enough to show their face around here.

TBH I have no hopes holding for PWE to give us a new CM and even if they do I personally would be happy if he just did his actual job and made sure things were taking care of. After reading the glassdoor site reviews it already seems like most of the people working there do the bare minimum anyways so that is kind of a mute point. I miss sparkiesoft. I guess PWE likes to can the people that actually make the players happy.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Last thing we need is that when we get the next CM, they look at the forums, see how you guys act, and decide to do the absolute bare minimum simply to avoid dealing with all the **** that tends to get thrown at any staff member brave enough to show their face around here.

Whether or not they ever will give us a CM remains to be seen, zoner, but what Kossy says here is the gyst of it. I'm not pointing my finger at you, or just you anyway, but our community as a whole is pretty quick to jump and grab the pitch forks. Do we have a right to be upset? Sure. But will that help us with anyone new who steps in to help us? Absolutely not.

I fear for the future CM. Maybe we've already had one and he quit his first day because the pay wasn't good enough for dealing with idiots like us..... Never know.
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    edited June 2015
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

+Infinity this. b:sweat
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    O_O waiting for reset next week.
    OPkossy can you confirm that it is supposed to be the next maintenance?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2015
    O_O waiting for reset next week.
    OPkossy can you confirm that it is supposed to be the next maintenance?

Nope! The blog was supposed to give the exact date but it was supposed to go up early this week! Hence my table flip. Because it is pretty difficult for me to get questions around to the people who can actually answer them. I was very lucky that Strumslinger decided to generously donate his time to getting that information for us. It's not a game that he even manages. It may be either next week (probably) or the week after next week. The blog will have the precise date and the official announcement. For now, I would make any TW plans you have under the assumption that it's next week. But don't be shocked if it's later then that.

• opkossy
    edited June 2015
    ... What she said.

I nominate Venus for new Kossy!
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2015
    ... What she said.

I nominate Venus for new Kossy!

No way jose!

• zoner112012
    edited June 2015
    Whether or not they ever will give us a CM remains to be seen, zoner, but what Kossy says here is the gyst of it. I'm not pointing my finger at you, or just you anyway, but our community as a whole is pretty quick to jump and grab the pitch forks. Do we have a right to be upset? Sure. But will that help us with anyone new who steps in to help us? Absolutely not.

I fear for the future CM. Maybe we've already had one and he quit his first day because the pay wasn't good enough for dealing with idiots like us..... Never know.

A lot of the time peoples responses and the way they speak to the GMs, CMs, and mods on here is unfounded...I can agree that there ARE many idiots that post nonsensical hate towards them. However, there is also a fair amount of anger that people give off which is a direct result of PWE employees not doing their job or following through properly. How about that whole goon glitch fiasco? DQ points? Dragon orbs bans for select people but others that glitched more got temp or no ban at all? What about the TW rewards? It took them quite a long time to realize that they didn't get the rewards out to winning TW factions because they had fired the guy in charge of this....oh sorry guys we just realized this.

The consistency of PWE's inconsistency when it comes to taking care of players and our issues is real and deserves anger. Does this mean every new CM deserves the hate...no. In fact sparkiesoft was a great guy and broke a lot of ground....and for what? To suddenly disappear when PWE noticed that he was actually getting positive results? I am sure there are other reasons that were given but let's face it it all boils down to money, and sparkie must have upset them in some way with all the codes he gave us to appease us. It is sad.

I fear for a future CM too....because not only does he have huge shoes to fill but he has to deal with all the **** that PWE has given to us players.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Seek_NK - Harshlands
    Seek_NK - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the update Venus.

This is totally off topic but I do not know whom to contact regarding this (Support gives auto replies as usual)

We had a S Chest Raffle from May 14-18 and the winners haven't been announced yet. We are sitting at June 1st week now. Could you please check and let us know Venus,

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9246013-pwi-war-avatar-chest%3A-s-raffle

At this point I do not know if the winners got the reward and is it just the post which is not updated, or the winners have not been picked yet?

Please can you let me know
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the update Venus.

This is totally off topic but I do not know whom to contact regarding this (Support gives auto replies as usual)

We had a S Chest Raffle from May 14-18 and the winners haven't been announced yet. We are sitting at June 1st week now. Could you please check and let us know Venus,

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9246013-pwi-war-avatar-chest%3A-s-raffle

At this point I do not know if the winners got the reward and is it just the post which is not updated, or the winners have not been picked yet?

Please can you let me know

Usually those things take a few weeks so it's not exactly late yet. I'll ask though.

• Seek_NK - Harshlands
    edited June 2015
    Usually those things take a few weeks so it's not exactly late yet. I'll ask though.

That worked! I got my S Chest lol, thanks for asking!! b:victory
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited June 2015
    Waitin on that TW reset b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbski - Archosaur
    Barbski - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Waitin on that TW reset b:thanks

this b:bye
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited June 2015
    Lets Gooooooo Map-Reset~ b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2015
    Even if the map was reset this week, it wouldn't be until Maintenance. Likewise they do not work/post stuff on the weekends. I'm not going to hold my breath because the blog was supposed to be up early last week and that didn't happen. I don't know what's happening as I haven't heard back in a while.

• Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How would tie's be resolved if 2 faction's have the same number of lands?
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How would tie's be resolved if 2 faction's have the same number of lands?

iirc, it's determined via a 3v3 pvp fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Seek_NK - Harshlands
    edited June 2015
    iirc, it's determined via a 3v3 pvp fight.

Wouldn't the total points be counted before a 3 vs 3?
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wouldn't the total points be counted before a 3 vs 3?

What points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited June 2015
    Even if the map was reset this week, it wouldn't be until Maintenance. Likewise they do not work/post stuff on the weekends. I'm not going to hold my breath because the blog was supposed to be up early last week and that didn't happen. I don't know what's happening as I haven't heard back in a while.

Well...

May 29, 2015
    Territory War's map reset will be happening sometime the week after next, POSSIBLY earlier.
    I can confirm!

June 02, 2015
    Surtr wrote: »
    We will not be resetting Territory Wars tonight.

This would lead one to believe~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2015
    I really am trying here, but if a GM doesn't reply me. Then I have just as much knowledge as you do. You know what I know, the blog was supposed to be up already. And I really couldn't help ya on the weekend.
    edit: I am trying again today to poke them.

• yetweallfalldown
    yetweallfalldown Posts: 109 admin
    edited June 2015
    Hi All,

Jumping in to give the official "Territory War Map reset will be going live with tomorrow's update" confirmation. A blog will go out tomorrow morning, but I wanted to make sure I updated this as it's still an active discussion.

In anticipation of another question that I know I'm going to get, I'm still playing as catch up CM for the time being (you may have seen me post here before and on the blog). I know we don't have a "full-time CM" right now as we're still in the process of finding one. I'll try to do a better job about poking my head in here as much as I can.

Alex
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
    | Support | [YouTube |
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi All,

Jumping in to give the official "Territory War Map reset will be going live with tomorrow's update" confirmation. A blog will go out tomorrow morning, but I wanted to make sure I updated this as it's still an active discussion.

In anticipation of another question that I know I'm going to get, I'm still playing as catch up CM for the time being (you may have seen me post here before and on the blog). I know we don't have a "full-time CM" right now as we're still in the process of finding one. I'll try to do a better job about poking my head in here as much as I can.

Alex

Thanks for the heads up! Hope you guys find someone to take the role soon. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Seek_NK - Harshlands
    edited June 2015
    Hi All,

Alex

Thank you so much! b:victory
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI
  • Seek_NK - Harshlands
    edited June 2015
    What points.

Points from lands?

Lvl3 = 1
    Lvl2 = 2
    Lvl1 = 3 points?
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi All,

Jumping in to give the official "Territory War Map reset will be going live with tomorrow's update" confirmation.
    I noticed you're referring to the maintenance tomorrow as an update. Is this by chance the big update that we're waiting on (with new area in Primal World + Nightshade Primal Skills + Shifting Sky etc)? I know this isn't normally your job so I probably shouldn't look too much into the wording you use.

Still TW reset would be a good time to launch this and I'm not sure if we should be expecting a blog post before the update hits with the manpower issues PWI is having.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Seek_NK - Harshlands
    edited June 2015
    Asterelle,

How is the winner decided if 2 factions have same amount of lands? You're on top of these things. Can you please let us know! b:thanks
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI