bm demon roar of the pride

Options
Shidoshi - Lost City
Shidoshi - Lost City Posts: 192 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Blademaster
the bm demon roar of the pride in its name says it has a perfect success rate. its always successful. so wouldn't it not be effected by the sage sin skill tidal protect? just the way the skill is worded it should not be effected by tidal protect.
pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
Post edited by Shidoshi - Lost City on

Comments

• __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The wording is pre tidal. So in short it has 100% success rate but tidal can still resist it.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The wording is pre tidal. So in short it has 100% success rate but tidal can still resist it.

but demon roar has a perfect success rate. even tho tidal has a chance to resist. if their is any chance for demon roar to hit. it would be successful and the sin would be stun.
    pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    but demon roar has a perfect success rate. even tho tidal has a chance to resist. if their is any chance for demon roar to hit. it would be successful and the sin would be stun.

Not sure if troll or...

PWI descriptions are notoriously inaccurate. In this case, pre tidal, this was correct. But tidal has chance to resist stun, which includes demon roar.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options

so it should bypass AD, sutra, ig, pangu, and spark? no. it just doesnt miss due to accuracy formula
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The success rate refers to whether the skill actually casts successfully, not whether the enemy actually gets stunned or not. Missing and resisting are two different things. It's sort of like saying it's inaccurate because someone used an Ironguard or Vacuity Powder to resist the stun, or saying that an Archer's Stunning Arrow isn't a 90% chance to stun your enemy at all because the Psychic you're hitting keeps reflecting the stun back to you every time you cast it.
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Not sure if troll or...

PWI descriptions are notoriously inaccurate. In this case, pre tidal, this was correct. But tidal has chance to resist stun, which includes demon roar.

no its not a troll. its all about how the skill is worded.

Roxxannae. i get what you say and i understand what you say about irongaurd and vacuity powder but on the pots it actually says you became immune to movement debuffs. i'm just debating that tidal doesn't protect you 100% from staues effect but demon roar of the pride should bypass tidal do to the wording. its always succeeds. in my mind it should 100% put a stun on the sin even with tidal because it always succeed.

for you archer and psychic arguement. use your anti stun skill before attacking a psychic
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options
    What Roxxannae said is exactly the case. Your complaint is akin to saying Sage throatcut doesn't work as described (100% silence and target interrupt) because the skill can still miss someone entirely. Or saying primal mighty swing doesn't work properly (will para a player or if para fails immobilize) because someone who has anti-stun up won't be immobilized if para fails. Roar of the Pride is 100% in that if it's not blocked in some way, be it tidal or complete immunity to stuns, then it will hit and the stun will land. The fact that you're arguing for the skill to bypass one form of protection and not the others makes this come across as an attempt to troll. Especially to those of us who were around to see other similar threads where the person making them was trolling with it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Then you want to think of Tidal Protection as an anti-debuff skill, except that it does not work 100% of the time, if you are excluding anti-movement skills in this argument. Hopefully that might clear it up a bit better for you, since the description of demon Roar isn't fully clear in what it succeeds in doing from first glance.

Also thanks Kossy, I've always been very bad at examples xD yours are actually better than mine.
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    edited June 2015
    Options
    i like to say i'm not trying to troll.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options
    No biggie. I kinda feel the same when I'm on my BM. b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)