How to mess with the cleric bots looking at shops

zoner112012
zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Tired of the stupid bots that PWE seems to want to do nothing about? Sick of seeing the clerics flying around the shops constantly all day? Have I got the solution for you. Use a staff from the new event and turn them into an animal. Suddenly they aren't running around anymore. Great fun for the family. Safe for all ages and non-toxic. Guaranteed to entertain everyone. b:pleasedb:victoryb:bye
ln5aR6B.jpg
Post edited by zoner112012 on

Comments

• LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You a bit late

But yeah haven't seen them flying around b:laugh
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i suspect that something was done about them in the last patch as the site they upkeep is terribly out of date
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • Elsariel - Sanctuary
    Elsariel - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I used the wands on some yesterday, while playing David Bowie's Heroes. Because, that is what we are for doing this, just for a few weeks.
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Now we're all mad here."
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Tired of the stupid bots that PWE seems to want to do nothing about? Sick of seeing the clerics flying around the shops constantly all day?
    Do you really stay in arch whole day watching them flying? O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I love that idea, I'm so gonna do it! b:laugh

b:pleased To date, I've only used my spare (unneeded) staffs, only a couple of times (on a couple of dirty jerk Merch's known alt-characters) who deliberately park their alts (mounted characters) over other peoples neighboring competing k'shops (that are in the same area as their own shops) so that no one can compete against them while they're afk for the day, just so they can cheat people of better deals for items) b:chuckle

I find that its quite an easy way to still get the better priced items from the (better/reasonable) shops to turn them into the "egg/sheep & fish", rather then still having to put up with their same'ol lil lame, dirty cheats manipulaitons Bs tactics, to force the rest of us to have to buy only from them & theirs...b:victory

I only wish these staffs could be permanently available, because they do got some really good uses to remove the "manipulating cheats" blockade characters {b:chuckle}
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i suspect that something was done about them in the last patch as the site they upkeep is terribly out of date

Nope, saw one today
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    whats the point of preventing them gathering data?
    edited June 2015
    Hopefully it will make them go away and stop using up bandwidth.

I saw one in HL trying to walk around to look at shops and failing miserably lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mulier wrote: »

There's kind of two big senseless things in that statement.

1. What the point in not doing it. It doesn't require a large amount of effort, and would easily be worth it for mild amusement factor alone. Therefore senselessness of an action has no bearing on whether it should be done regardless.

2, Because they exist. They would not exist, if there wasn't some form of gain in existing. So it's obvious that preventing them would be worth it for those in the merchanting game not using, as if nothing else it removes any of the gains others are using to cut into sales.

So really no matter how you look at it, there was no point in even typing the post I quoted, as it is defeated by its own logic, and asked and answered itself at the same time.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Basically because they shouldn't be there to begin with.
    I know what they're used for, and I don't agree with them being there, so if I can mess with them in any way, however briefly, I would do it. If it wasn't against the TOS, I wouldn't complain, but as it is, it would satisfy my need for justice to get in their way if I can, even if it is futile to some degree.

And I agree with Sylvae's 2 reason logic.
  • zoner112012
    edited June 2015
    Ah the idiocy of some people. So you are ok with these bots despite the fact that it is clearly in violation of the Terms of service because it benefits you in some way? What a joke...how can it possibly benefit you? people move their shops all the time and these bots are slowly disappearing. On top of which it IS against ToS. There is nothing to be gained by these bots that I can see that you can't just do yourself with a little walking around west arch. Childish you say? How is it childish? You are playing a video game for goodness sakes and you are worried about how childish it is to use something in game to turn someone into an animal? I think that is the real childish thing right there...that statement suggesting that this is childish. Turning bots that don't belong here in the first place is amusing...and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Clearly you must be upset by my suggestion or it somehow effects you in some way to come to this post QQing about how we shouldn't do it. For that....this thread is successful. b:victory
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Encouraging TOS violation is in and of itself a TOS violation, and all responses encouraging it (and the replies to them) has been removed. Please keep that in mind if you wish this thread to stay open.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zoner112012
    edited June 2015
    Encouraging TOS violation is in and of itself a TOS violation, and all responses encouraging it (and the replies to them) has been removed. Please keep that in mind if you wish this thread to stay open.

Thank you Venus <3 you rock.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Seriously... can someone explain whats the porpoise of those bots please? b:surrender
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Nope, saw one today

The data they are gathering is incomplete or not transmitted properly since the update
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • Cinder - Harshlands
    Cinder - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Seriously... can someone explain whats the porpoise of those bots please? b:surrender

they're just having a whale of a time
  • Kazeodori - Heavens Tear
    Kazeodori - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Eh, I'm neutral about them. There are several other games that support some sort of merchandise recording current prices and past prices.

However, I'll probably use a few staffs on them... Just because it's funny and why not?
    If you bite some one, they get mad and smack you.
    But if you lick them, you still get the flavor.
    And they think you're weird.
    edited June 2015
    they're just having a whale of a time

LOL

Cinder, you orca be in comedyb:shutup

I see the one in HL is stalled out most of the time, and quite a few people are chasing it with a Staff of (insert animal here) when it's flying around, myself included
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    and i still did not read any valid argument , besides the tos thing - yeah jump me - to get rid of such a simple thing as bots gathering data. the data is even pubilc ...
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    and i still did not read any valid argument , besides the tos thing - yeah jump me - to get rid of such a simple thing as bots gathering data. the data is even pubilc ...

The breaking of the ToS should be enough, however, as long as they are around, and I have a staff of (animal), they will be turned into something cute. And since they are apparently clientless bots, I'm not ruining a players gameplay.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zoner112012
    edited June 2015
    the Breaking Of The Tos Should Be Enough, However, As Long As They Are Around, And I Have A Staff Of (animal), They Will Be Turned Into Something Cute. And Since They Are Apparently Clientless Bots, I'm Not Ruining A Players Gameplay.

Yas....make Everyone Furries!
    ln5aR6B.jpg