Daily Piñata Bosses

trailturtle
trailturtle Posts: 1,482 Perfect World Employee
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
The Piñata Bosses for our Spring Festival Update have arrived!

The Primal Dragon, Buddha Snake, and Burning Phoenix will be spawned daily on each server, each weekday. (This will not be happening on the weekend.) Times are below. This special event will only run until Friday night 6/12, so get ready for a fight!

--

West Coast and East Coast servers -- Archosaur, LC, Sanctuary, HT, DW, RT, Harshlands. These servers will start spawns today, Friday 6/5.

Primal Dragon @ 12pm PDT

Buddha Snake @ 4pm PDT
[Note: Due to time constraints, the Buddha Snake spawn won't happen on Friday, 6/12.]

Burning Phoenix @ 8pm PDT

--

Morai -- This is being handled by the EU team, so the timing is a bit different, these servers will start spawns on Monday, 6/8.

Primal Dragon @ Noon CEST

Buddha Snake @ 4pm CEST

Burning Phoenix @ 6pm CEST

--

This will only be running until next Friday, so make sure to pick up your rewards before then!

Note:
-Due to tech limitations, we're going to be manually activating this event. As such, if the event is off by a minute or two from the announced launch time, be patient -- it'll be activated momentarily.
-The two other Piñata Bosses -- Raging Lion and Snow Tiger -- are activated by using Best Wishes Papers. As such, they're available until the end of the Spring Festival, at whatever time the Papers are used.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver
    Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    trailturtle wow I remember you from JD forums years ago. glad to see you are still around :)
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

started playing April 2009.. took a few years break.. PWI is truly the Hotel California of MMORPGs b:surrender
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Are the times you listed right? Event just started on lost 30 mins ago (which is right time as posted on news page but not in this thread). Went well though.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yah on HT the time is not correct, not sure if it spawned earlier though
  • Gwinavere - Heavens Tear
    Gwinavere - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's 2:05pm on my server and nothing happened yet for the 2pm time indicated. Should the time be 12:00pm, not 2:00pm? The times you posted do not match the news page as mentioned in the reply above. It would be helpful to know which ones are the ones being used.
  • God__himself - Archosaur
    God__himself - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can confirm it did spawn at 12 PDT and not 2 PDT.
    Primal Dragon @ 2pm PDT

Buddha Snake @ 4pm PDT
    [Note: Due to time constraints, the Buddha Snake spawn won't happen on Friday, 6/12.]

Burning Phoenix @ 8pm PDT

There is probably a typo that the GM made and forgot a "1" for "Primal Dragon @12pm PDT"

It makes more sense seeing the 3 bosses are spaced evenly 4 hours apart and that is when they appeared today in game.

PWI YouTube Channel: -> youtube.com/channel/UCTBXOoQ0a4Y2tXg8XnzvVBg

SweetHara lvl 105-105-103 SB -> mypers.pw/1.8/#141749

God__himself lvl 105-105-102 Cleric
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    These times conflict with the Wraithhunter event which is at
    16:00 18:00 20:00 and 22:00. The window for picking up wraithhunter is only 15 minutes so it can be tricky to do them both.

Can you shift the pinata bosses up an hour to avoid this?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Charmholder - Lost City
    Charmholder - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Manually activate the bosses, very reliable.
    edited June 2015
    Apparently the Burning Phoenix boss was late so I missed it by going afk (it spawned after 8:10 PDT for Archosaur).

And yes, these times completely conflict with Wraith Hunter and Resource War times. It is doable to do Pinata bosses then jump to Wraith Hunter within 15 minutes, but I am not so sure if RW can be done with Pinata Bosses on that day of the week.

In PVE servers all bases are down within 10 minutes and the Boss has 20mil HP to hit him down with. Might be pretty difficult to do RW and Pinata but missing one boss per week isn't that much of a big deal anyways considering 15 bosses spawn per week while RW is only on one of those times.

• orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Are the bosses only summoned by the Yellow Event Quest rewards - the timed ones? Other wise I'd wonder that some point months down the road someone getting lucky and giving us a Christmas Pinata . . .
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Apparently the Burning Phoenix boss was late so I missed it by going afk (it spawned after 8:10 PDT for Archosaur).

And yes, these times completely conflict with Wraith Hunter and Resource War times. It is doable to do Pinata bosses then jump to Wraith Hunter within 15 minutes, but I am not so sure if RW can be done with Pinata Bosses on that day of the week.

In PVE servers all bases are down within 10 minutes and the Boss has 20mil HP to hit him down with. Might be pretty difficult to do RW and Pinata but missing one boss per week isn't that much of a big deal anyways considering 15 bosses spawn per week while RW is only on one of those times.

Or you can just PK a friend. You kill them, they kill you, takes total of 1min of your time to get RW credit for both.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • demansfairy
    edited June 2015
    ....OR you guys could pick the wraith hunter quest first since that takes 10 seconds then do pinata/RW/anything that takes less than 90 mins, THEN finish the wraith hunter quests? You gguys come up with weird solutions sometimes 0_o
    edited June 2015
    Or you can just PK a friend. You kill them, they kill you, takes total of 1min of your time to get RW credit for both.

Does this give a lot of faction contribution to your whole faction? If let's say our faction skipped out on killing a base/carts?

• demansfairy
    edited June 2015
    Does this give a lot of faction contribution to your whole faction? If let's say our faction skipped out on killing a base/carts?
    It gives none afaik, it just let's you qualify for reward.
    edited June 2015
    Ah it would be useful if you have a pretty active and large faction then but I guess some points still need to be accumulated by taking down at least one base.

Nonetheless still some very useful information in case stragglers come late for resource wars.

• terryu
    terryu Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I've been told you either need to max out on carts or max out on bases. If you fail to do either, then no reward. That's why so many small factions on my server aim to just do bases early and nothing else.
    terrytini (Mystic)
    - Tempest (Tideswell Server)
  • icycoffeebreaks
    icycoffeebreaks Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    this event isn't even activated on Sanctuary server :(
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Doesn't seem to be active on Dreamweaver either. Got a server notice for the Phoenix, looked around for it, nadda.
  • demansfairy
    edited June 2015
    All the event times have worked on lost city so far, keep 8 mind that these boss move ALOT after they take some damage, especially the plume one, though since it's pwi I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot to activate it on some servers.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Morai -- This is being handled by the EU team, so the timing is a bit different, these servers will start spawns on Monday, 6/8.

Primal Dragon @ 2pm CEST

Buddha Snake @ 4pm CEST

Burning Phoenix @ 8pm CEST

--

thanks so far for the event, but morai primal dragon was 12pm and burning phoenix was 6 pm..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Here is the news in french site:

Du lundi au vendredi à 12h00 : Dragon primitif, Vallée du Souffle du dragon (247, 627)
    Du lundi au vendredi à 16h00 : Serpent Buddha, Terres Agitées (248, 263)
    Du lundi au vendredi à 18h00 : Phénix brûlant, Forêt de Plume (357, 445)

=

From Monday to Friday... 12h00, 16h00 and 18h00.

They should really make a english news version for european server.
  • trailturtle
    edited June 2015
    trailturtle wow I remember you from JD forums years ago. glad to see you are still around :)

Heh, glad you remember me! I'm still kicking around here -- I'm on the product team now, so I do more coordination than community work, but I still have my old admin access for most forums from the old days.

Edited some times, for the Primal Dragon on all servers and Morai's Burning Phoenix spawn. I maaaaay have mistyped the times.
  • trailturtle
    edited June 2015
    Having some issues activating the event. Not sure what the cause is, we'll update as we figure out more.
  • Elsariel - Sanctuary
    Elsariel - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Having some issues activating the event. Not sure what the cause is, we'll update as we figure out more.
    Thank you for looking into it! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Now we're all mad here."
  • trailturtle
    edited June 2015
    We figured out the issue, had to manually de-activate the event before we could re-activate. Everything is working now.
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As much as I like events, I do not like events where I arrive 5min after he spawned as I didn't know where Restless Outlands were, and arriving there the snake was already gone...
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As much as I like events, I do not like events where I arrive 5min after he spawned as I didn't know where Restless Outlands were, and arriving there the snake was already gone...

Isn't that why they gave us co-ordinates? So we knew where to go? Also, looking up the boss in the ingame Encyclopedia works, and the Hotlink takes you to where he should spawn.

These bosses also seem to move around quite a bit and for long distances. So while it is possible (and perhaps likely) that the boss has been defeated, checking your mini-map for where players are can help find them.
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock