New Invitation Feature (question)

Options
Bloodstains - Dreamweaver
Bloodstains - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Where exactly are these messages being sent? to the players email address, to their arc client as a message, or in-game mail (i figure its not in-game mail, but ya never know) ?

If its going to user(s) email address, i can only imagine how annoying its going to be having 30+ friends messaging you every single day to rejoin the game. b:laugh
Post edited by Bloodstains - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver
    Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So glad I didn't delete people long gone from my friend list b:chuckle
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

started playing April 2009.. took a few years break.. PWI is truly the Hotel California of MMORPGs b:surrender
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I spammed a friend who regularly plays, but has alts they rarely play on my f-list, and asked them to let me know by what miens they get harassed. For science.
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    -snip-
    @Reliea - I'm looking forward to your report. But I'm curious what happens if it's to email and that account has been discontinued . . .
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • alexataylor
    alexataylor Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ok so I logged in to an alt that I haven't played in a while, and got a message saying,

"Welcome back to Perfect World! Please accept this gift to help you get back to your adventures! Make sure you have empty quest and inventory slots to receive your gift."

I do indeed have empty quest and inventory slots, yet I can't accept the gifts, and there's no option to get rid of the message and it's quite large on the screen. Is it because of my character's level (level 67 archer) or some other mysterious force that is preventing me from enjoying the game to the fullest extent? b:surrender
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I keep getting an error saying my Quest log is full, when I try to send a message. I have had 5 slots free when I've tried this. I've made sure I have room in my mailbox. Nothing works on my part other than viewing the different letter templates.
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    People getting error, quest list is full.

Make sure when you log in, you do not have server error. If you have a server error, the quest will not complete. To get rid of server error, click on your flyer. If your flyer activated, go to an instance that has a timer, any one. Once inside the timed instance, log out and log back in. The server error should be gone now, and you can send invites.

If your flyer does not activate, wait a few more minutes to hours b:sad.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015
    Options
    -snip-
    @Reliea - I'm looking forward to your report. But I'm curious what happens if it's to email and that account has been discontinued . . .

Sadly nothing to report yet, though I'm hopeful; friend has been busy irl and hasn't had a chance to get back to me.

The probable hypothesis I'm working with is that it -is- email related, and that makes me feel even more guilty XD That's the only rational way a person who has nothing to do with the game or any PWE game would get notifications. Alternatively they could get messages through ARC, but like I said, if they abstain from all ARC required for activation games they would never know about it.

I did see someone say that they got an email with regards to the harass your friends promotion, but I can't verify that personally.

Hilariously, we all know that the chance that someone actually still uses the email attached to their account is fairly unlikely considering how much distress is caused by people getting "****" and not being able to access their account to change their password, or the great forced password reset incident, or even the ARC Defender panic.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Confirming it doesn't spam e-mails.

I sent one to an alt I hadn't been on since the login event. Nothing new in that account's e-mail. I'll check Arc... eventually... if I feel like it. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Confirming it doesn't spam e-mails.

I sent one to an alt I hadn't been on since the login event. Nothing new in that account's e-mail. I'll check Arc... eventually... if I feel like it. b:chuckle

I really don't understand where the message goes then O.o
    I was on an alt that can't even be messaged and I got the "welcome back warrior" reward thing. So if the reward doesn't require a message, and the message doesn't go to email, where the heckklesticks is it going o.O
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I really don't understand where the message goes then O.o
    I was on an alt that can't even be messaged and I got the "welcome back warrior" reward thing. So if the reward doesn't require a message, and the message doesn't go to email, where the heckklesticks is it going o.O

I have no idea but I'm happy it's not anything obtrusive to whoever gets hit with it. I just hope it stays that way.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • UnboundFury - Dreamweaver
    UnboundFury - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    b:surrender
    I know where they are going.
    They are going to ME!!!! b:cry
    PLEASE!! EVERYONE!! Stop using this stupid thing!!!
    I have 6628738 new emails b:shocked