Odd damage output.

Options
Sint - Harshlands
Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Archer
Going to condense this into a tl;dr

Fought lower geared archer (200 less spirit, same def, less attack, less attack levels and same def levels.) He's sage, I'm demon, which should make no difference as I got the damage information from his character card, where the sage passive would show up.

Somehow the damage was equal on both sides. We're talking full dex g16 +10 weap, with 500 ish spirit and +11/+12 orns vs full r9, pure dex 700ish spirit with +10/11 orns and +12 weap.

Is there something I might have skipped, which wouldn't show up on the damage card but which would have such an influence on damage soaking/output?
Post edited by Sint - Harshlands on

Comments

• Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    all archers do zero damage..

everyone knows this already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yes, but since this archer wasn't wearing r9, i'm wondering why his attacks weren't having a healing effect on me.
  • ablabahabla
    ablabahabla Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yes, but since this archer wasn't wearing r9, i'm wondering why his attacks weren't having a healing effect on me.

because u aint got enough mag!!!
    minimum mag for eas = 200
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have had similar experiences with seekers. I think it usually is something small. He could possibly have been using defense and attack charms and you were not, which would have an effect on the damage. The buffs that you each had would change the output (if he was buffed and you were not), as will the type of attack you are doing (ex: if you were both triple sparked and auto attacking you would do less damage as a demon but would hit many more times.)

I can't explain it all away because I am still a bit puzzled over my own experience, not being sure if attack/defense charms explains away such a huge spirit gap.... But Just some suggestions to mull over b:surrender
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm talking purely normal hits with no buffs. I accounted for basically everything and couldn't find where the added damage is coming from. The same guy deals 3x more damage on me when he equips his real gear, (about 850-900 spirit on r9rr with +12 weap.) Again, I don't know where the giantic damage comes from (since card levels are literally the only difference between us, aside from him being sage.)
  • Dark_one - Harshlands
    Dark_one - Harshlands Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The power of the dark side hides in sage mastery. If you want to feel the power of the dark side, change your culti to sage, get sage mastery, and you will become my apprentice. Once your trainings will be completed, you will see the difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Use an eye of observation. He might have a lot more dex than you or maybe your measurements are not exact.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I used an eye of observation before I even posted here. I could find no reason why he would hit harder than I, which is why I'm asking if there is anything that could make that difference but be impossible to spot with an Eye of Observation.
  • lodez
    lodez Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Attack charms are not added until the shot is fired. So maybe he is using attack charms.
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    my guess would be either of the following :

def charms/atk charms

Nueama

Primal Passives

Gear nowadays only plays a kind of ''small'' role in an overall estimation of a characters strength.

as a axample : im full r9 +10 , and better weapon. all the goofies from nw except for cube.
    BUT : only a few primal passive lvls , nuema close to not lvled at all, some cards missing exp aswell. --> take me gears and passives together.

now check this char : seeker, full g16 +7, +10 weapon , all primal passives, all nueamas maxed , all cards lvled ---- you check his egars and thing : well one shot .... when in reality I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL NOT TO GET WRECKED BY THIS GUY.....
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sorry to ask the obvious but is his current lvl 3 lvl's higher than yours?

The only definitive way to get to the bottom of it would be a detailed Mypers calc for both toons but that's quite a bit of effort.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com