How Everyone Can Succeed at Lamb Summer Event

Nahktuul - Archosaur
Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Instead of looking to trade your staff effects for someone elses, just offer your own to those in need, and wait for 5 or so minutes for someone to do the same to you. A lot easier, and less stressful.

Try to get the transformations done at your server's peak times: Early AM, Mid afternoon, Late afternoon and late at night. The higher amount of people online and seeking a transformation or to give a transformation guarantees higher chance of completing your quest!

Pay it forward, people! b:victory
PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
Post edited by Nahktuul - Archosaur on

Comments

• Cinder - Harshlands
    Cinder - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    **** that stupid event
    I went out there, got turned into a rabbit, wasn't sure what to do then realized I was being attacked, went back to sz and watched as a few people were killing everyone and said to myself, "Self, this is dumb as are the dopes getting their jollies killing easy targets" and went to do other stuff.
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I started to do it on a alt so I grabbed a lamb..easy..had to get another..easy..had to ne changed into a bear ...nothing so I got look for some lemur or something and I guess it was gone...took to much time from my exp earning,by running,so like the other events ow usually runs I decided to ditch it.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I dont like the event. They should not put the transformation part in the quest. It should end once you deliver the lamb to the npc.
    Im not going to stand there and beg for someone to transform me.
    giphy.gif

• Seekertom - Sanctuary
    Seekertom - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    LOL you all are soooo right. This is like the last few events, designed to fail the majority of participants.

I'm beginning to think this game has morphed from pvp/pve to cvp (company versus player) and the goal is to see who lasts longest
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You don't even need to do that, just head out of the gates of north arch and look for the lemur, it will turn people into random 'pets' that will allow you to turn in the quest.

(The lemur isn't far off of the lambs, shouldn't be too hard to locate at all.)

Though yes he only shows up for 15 minutes each hour according to the quest log, but it beats trying to find someone with the correct staff. xD
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • livingonlife
    livingonlife Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You don't even need to do that, just head out of the gates of north arch and look for the lemur, it will turn people into random 'pets' that will allow you to turn in the quest.

(The lemur isn't far off of the lambs, shouldn't be too hard to locate at all.)

Though yes he only shows up for 15 minutes each hour according to the quest log, but it beats trying to find someone with the correct staff. xD

This is true. I was able to get the right pet transformation I needed from the lemur for one of my quests. But I'm not sure if he turns you into every pet that the lamb npc wants you to be. For example, I got the Golden Drakeling twice for two characters and for one of my characters I stood outside and let the lemur turn me into different pets and not once from the five or seven minutes I was out there did he turn me into the drakeling. Maybe he does it rarely, I'm not sure because the event did just start and maybe I wasn't patient enough, but I had to ask someone to transform me for at least that particular pet. So unless someone can confirm the lemur turns you into possibly every pet you need for your quests, you'll probably still have to break down and ask someone XD. But for the most part, the people were pretty nice and they helped out. So it was an ok event, not too bad. Someone helped me turn into a dragon, I helped another turn into a giant bunny. All good and cute XD
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2015
    This is true. I was able to get the right pet transformation I needed from the lemur for one of my quests. But I'm not sure if he turns you into every pet that the lamb npc wants you to be. For example, I got the Golden Drakeling twice for two characters and for one of my characters I stood outside and let the lemur turn me into different pets and not once from the five or seven minutes I was out there did he turn me into the drakeling. Maybe he does it rarely, I'm not sure because the event did just start and maybe I wasn't patient enough, but I had to ask someone to transform me for at least that particular pet. So unless someone can confirm the lemur turns you into possibly every pet you need for your quests, you'll probably still have to break down and ask someone XD. But for the most part, the people were pretty nice and they helped out. So it was an ok event, not too bad. Someone helped me turn into a dragon, I helped another turn into a giant bunny. All good and cute XD

That's good that you got help. :)

Just be careful that sometimes the lemur gives a different name for what pet it turns you into... like for example for the bubble fish... it was 'pop fish' or something like that. (So if it looks like what is described, head back to the npc and turn in.) - Not meant for you living, but yea thought it would be useful to a few people.

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Lemur doesnt turn you into snow buddy, horsey cart, golden drakeling and lil coon.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Lemur doesnt turn you into snow buddy, horsey cart, golden drakeling and lil coon.

I just required to do the damn event daily on 8 freaking alts to get damn snow buddy as seemingly everybody at the npc were looking for one. I did this because of the blessing and how amazing it is for PV. I then realized those freaking letters dont stack, making the whole effort kinda pointless.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    @OP this is a very nice idea, but depends on two primary factors

1 - That staff distribution is equal to quest distribution.
    2 - That people will willingly change you

I'll address the second first. Yesterday I had Snow Buddy. I asked. I answered people who had the staff. But I still didn't get it. I don't worry if I do quests for major xp or not, so I left and returned often. So if I didn't get it for lack of patience, well my fault. There were a couple people who stuck it out. Asking and asking and asking for Snow Buddy, some I saw still there after 2 hours.

Then there were the people who had the staff and said they'd change you for coin.

Like 500 mill.

This event is not an item trade. I am not going to trust that someone will change me After I pay them. And while I would keep my end of a bargain to pay afterwards, you can't trust that everyone else will.

Especially not for millions of coin.

When you have situations and people who can easily rip you off, trying to establish a Quid Pro Quo system just can't thrive.

The First issue, well let m e start by clarifying my observations.

There are TWO Costume Quests. One Blue in the BH section, the other Yellow in the Event section of our quest list.

The Blue quests seem to be for the Lemur transformations - Dainty Goat (AKA Fluffy Sheep), Plump Cat, Sir Cuddlesworth, Bunny, QQ Egg, and Popo Fish(AKA Bubble Fish). I have not confirmed this absolutely, but so far it seems to be the case. The Blue quest awards 300+k hp and a lot of spirit and a Best Wishes paper.

The Yellow Quests seem to include the four transformations Lemur does not do, Drake, Horsey Cart, Snow Buddy, and Lil Coon. It rewards ~645k exp and other stuff.

There is no confirmation yet if each quest rewards the appropriate staff. Nor if the Quests really are separated this way. PWdarabase is NOT current for this event. Nor the last one either for that matter. There are items in pwdb witht the same name and icon, but the are from a 2013 event??? (I don't remember it, may have only been in China)

If there were equal wands to quests we should have seen more people transformed into the rarer disguises.

TIPS:
    Do not attack the sheep. You cannot use a lead/whip on them while attacking.
    To locate the player you want to transform - Use the Squad formation window.
    Staffs have it written on them to be used in SAFE ZONE ONLY. That is not by the Lemur.
    You can use a staff without targetting a player. Please don't waste the good ones.
    Best Wishes, the rewards/boxes, do not stack.

As a final note: The Best Wishes paper, (haven't activated mine yet) is supposed to award either a blessing box, vendor tokens, or activate a Pinata Boss (neither boss of which I've heard evidence of.) Somewhere we are also supposed to receive a few fireworks.
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Cinder - Harshlands
    Cinder - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    best thing to come out of this, the ability to ground those stupid flying cleric bots
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I just required to do the damn event daily on 8 freaking alts to get damn snow buddy as seemingly everybody at the npc were looking for one. I did this because of the blessing and how amazing it is for PV. I then realized those freaking letters dont stack, making the whole effort kinda pointless.
    Letters? If you taking about the 10% blessing it does stack with experience scroll, hypers, and neck, tried it myself yesterday and saw increase to exp I was getting per mob.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Letters? If you taking about the 10% blessing it does stack with experience scroll, hypers, and neck, tried it myself yesterday and saw increase to exp I was getting per mob.

I am talking bout the letters, which award you said blessing when you right click it. Now I intended to farm both quests for the duration of the event and stack up the nontimed letters in bank. But as those dont stack, there is snowballs chance in hell I have room in my bank for even small amount of them. Ultimately seeing the effort to get 2 letters/day is pointless as you dont really benefit for it at all, outside of pretty marginal amount of xp all the effort considered with rare staffs.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • livingonlife
    edited June 2015
    That's good that you got help. :)

Just be careful that sometimes the lemur gives a different name for what pet it turns you into... like for example for the bubble fish... it was 'pop fish' or something like that. (So if it looks like what is described, head back to the npc and turn in.) - Not meant for you living, but yea thought it would be useful to a few people.

Yeah I noticed this too, Slivaf. At first I was hoping it was the right pet, but when I was able to turn in, I figured that's what it was. So far I noticed it's popo fish for bubble fish (like you mentioned) and teddy for sir cuddlesworth. I'm not sure about the dainty goat being the sheep or not. Slowly discovering this stuff rofl.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2015
    Yeah I noticed this too, Slivaf. At first I was hoping it was the right pet, but when I was able to turn in, I figured that's what it was. So far I noticed it's popo fish for bubble fish (like you mentioned) and teddy for sir cuddlesworth. I'm not sure about the dainty goat being the sheep or not. Slowly discovering this stuff rofl.

Yea that dainty goat is indeed for the fluffy sheep... or as it's spelt in the quest log... Fluffy heep. (no really /o\)

• ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    **** that stupid event
    I went out there, got turned into a rabbit, wasn't sure what to do then realized I was being attacked, went back to sz and watched as a few people were killing everyone and said to myself, "Self, this is dumb as are the dopes getting their jollies killing easy targets" and went to do other stuff.

You got farther than I did.

Another event for everyone to enjoy, that I can continue to ignore.
  • jyzero1
    jyzero1 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Seems there is a lot of negativity surrounding this latest event. I think the prizes are okay for the rewards they give (exp is the more important one, mostly).

But I didn't have a lot of trouble turning into the animal they asked for... just waited for the lemur to turn me into an animal, and it never took longer than 5-10 minutes. The names don't always match, but I kinda just used common sense to figure it out. The only animal I haven't seen so far, however, is the drakeling (I have seen the lemur do everything else, including horse cart).
  • livingonlife
    edited June 2015
    Yea that dainty goat is indeed for the fluffy sheep... or as it's spelt in the quest log... Fluffy heep. (no really /o\)

ROFL another typo of the game. Oh my XD
    jyzero1 wrote: »
    The only animal I haven't seen so far, however, is the drakeling (I have seen the lemur do everything else, including horse cart).

Well, I'll take this as confirmation lemur does horsey cart. I've never seen him do it (maybe it's just bad timing for me). So so far the ones missing are Snow Buddy and Golden Drakeling.
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Still 1 thing i don't get
    I understand the yellow quest where you need to get changed by lemur/have this item be cast upon u by another player.
    But what about the blue quest? I turn in the lamb, but then it tells me to get an 'Animal Costume', and the quest requirement seems to say again to require a lamb again?
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Nuellaeria - Raging Tide
    Nuellaeria - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Popo-fish doesn't work for the blue quest. I guess fish aren't animals. No idea what to do here. These quests could stand to be a little clearer.
  • Donifan - Raging Tide
    Donifan - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I understand the yellow quest where you need to get changed by lemur/have this item be cast upon u by another player.
    But what about the blue quest? I turn in the lamb, but then it tells me to get an 'Animal Costume', and the quest requirement seems to say again to require a lamb again?
    You get 2 quest from the NPC. 1 blue and 1 yellow. You'll have to get the lamb token twice, 1 lamp token for each quest. So you'll need to do that (go get the lamb token) twice.

What I do is accept both quests, go get a lamb token with the whip, then go turn back the blue quest and do the blue quest transformation with the help of Lemur outside the gate. Lemur does the sheep/goat, fish, plump cat, qq egg transformation. After I get transformed to the animal that the quest tells me to, I turn it in and go for another lamb token, and proceed with the yellow quest.

Popo-fish doesn't work for the blue quest. I guess fish aren't animals. No idea what to do here. These quests could stand to be a little clearer.

popo-fish should work for the blue quest if the blue quest asks you to turn into a fish. Maybe you should click again when turning in the quest? It's the transformation when you turn into a fish in a bubble. It has worked for me, maybe click again if it doesn't take it/register?
  • Nuellaeria - Raging Tide
    Nuellaeria - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You get 2 quest from the NPC. 1 blue and 1 yellow. You'll have to get the lamb token twice, 1 lamp token for each quest. So you'll need to do that (go get the lamb token) twice.

What I do is accept both quests, go get a lamb token with the whip, then go turn back the blue quest and do the blue quest transformation with the help of Lemur outside the gate. Lemur does the sheep/goat, fish, plump cat, qq egg transformation. After I get transformed to the animal that the quest tells me to, I turn it in and go for another lamb token, and proceed with the yellow quest.

popo-fish should work for the blue quest if the blue quest asks you to turn into a fish. Maybe you should click again when turning in the quest? It's the transformation when you turn into a fish in a bubble. It has worked for me, maybe click again if it doesn't take it/register?

Thank you, Donifran! That likely explains what I was doing incorrectly. I will follow your instructions.
  • icycoffeebreaks
    icycoffeebreaks Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2015

The blue quest and gold quest is the same thing with a few minor difference.
    (Note you have to do the token retrieval quest one at a time because you can't have more than 2 in your inventory- a glitch causes the second sheep token you lasso to disappear)

How are they the same:
    1. asks you to obtain a sheep token outside north arch
    2. Upon returning with the token, it asks you to turn into a certain animal.
    3. Gives you the same reward at the end, exp and that blessing box.

How are they different?
    1. Blue quest can be trashed and obtained again as long as you don't complete the chain fully, but the gold quest- once trashed, can not be obtained until the next day.
    2. At the end of the blue quest it asks for you to change into an animal/thing that can also be done using the lemur boss (fish/big rabbit/QQ egg/sheep/teddy)
    3. The gold quest asks you to turn into things that can not be done using the lemur boss (horse carrage/Golden Dragling/and other things) so you have to use someone's magic stick
    4. the bless box gotten from the gold quest at the end is time limited, you have a few days to open it.
  • Donifan - Raging Tide
    edited June 2015
    Thank you, Donifran! That likely explains what I was doing incorrectly. I will follow your instructions.
    Good luck! Let me know if it doesn't work or if there is another issue. :)

@icycoffeebreaks: I agree with what you're saying. I'll just add that the golden quest can sometimes give you a transformation that can be done with the help of Lemur. For example once it asked me to turn into sir Cuddlesworth (or a name similar) which is the teddy one and Lemur can do this transformation. But yes most of the time it asks me for transformations that Lemur might not be able to help me with (or at least I haven't seen these transformations done by Lemur).
  • YeIIowFox - Harshlands
    YeIIowFox - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Im not sure if this has been said already but im gonna tell you all anyway.

If you get the quest to transform into a Lil Coon you do not need someone to use a staff on you most days.

If the quest Racoon Alliance Pact is able to be auto completed just pick it up and use 10 Active Points to complete it infront of the lamb of blessing NPC.

This will allow you to complete the lamb of blessing quest once you have transformed as part of the alliance pact quest. b:laugh b:pleased
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    snow buddy I think is referring to big rabbit. the only 2 he doesn't change u into is horsey cart and dragon
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Kaishijc - Sanctuary
    Kaishijc - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    best thing to come out of this, the ability to ground those stupid flying cleric bots

b:chuckle lol . so there are more pppl making that thing b:chuckle
  • Donifan - Raging Tide
    edited June 2015
    snow buddy I think is referring to big rabbit. the only 2 he doesn't change u into is horsey cart and dragon
    Snow buddy isn't the big rabbit. The big rabbit/bunny is a different transformation. Snow buddy is the transformation when it turns you into a big cute snowman. I'll see if I can find a screenshot to show better what I mean.

http://i.imgur.com/F27XK5P.png
    This is what it looks like. I find it very cute! <3
    Is it ok to post a link to a pic? If I'm doing something wrong, let me know and I'll edit my post.
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What do people mean with grounding flying cleric bots? Why do people bot their cleric to just fly?
    Why not afk autoshop?
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The event is stupid. I'm sure they are laughing about people calling out LF Lil COON and Someone got Lil COON. That's why they named it that. They could have easily called it a raccoon, but didn't. they knew people would be world chatting it. They were probably laughing when they were coming up with the name and saying "omg it's going to be so funny to see people constantly calling out a racial slur, lets do it."b:angry
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm