Valuless pots???

orangeladey
orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Is there any documentation on why pots no longer have a value??? This wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, I just checked.

What is kind of worse - there is no price listed at the apothecary, but he certainly gives you a total cost! Yeah we can do the math, but not pricing your merch is bad business practice, and I don't mean for PWIs profit, but for the laughable integrity of the game universe. Everything else has it's price marked. Not having a listed price for purchase is irritating.

Pots dropped a lot less than DQ items ever did. I'm sure more people used them than sold them, so is this really an extension of the DQ nerfs?

I'm just aghast at this. Not angry or sad, just not sure what to think other than shocked.
♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
--The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
Post edited by orangeladey on

Comments

• XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Who cares about that anyways lolz XD
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Who cares about that anyways lolz XD

I do, thanks for asking
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • bsup68
    bsup68 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mentioned yesterday in the maint thread, but ye i do care too ;)
  • celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, I definitely care. That's a bit less to sell to pay repair bills, which already put you in the red after DQ was nerfed, and junk equipment drops were nerfed.

I'll go ya one better than shocked, let's try DISGUSTED.

People can't afford to buy as much from catshops now, and that hurts everyone including heavy cashshoppers. Who's gonna buy your extra tokens, D orbs, etc.? If you buy Zen and then buy gold, you don't get much anymore.

Things you can farm or make and sell are going down in price because not as many people can afford them.

I play this game to PLAY THE GAME, not to farm constantly to pay for repairs and stay afloat. I kinda think I'm not the only one that would rather earn from mob drops rather than having to farm more and more and still not get ahead.

PWE is killing the game for the average player. I don't know if it's deliberate, but whether it is or not, it's happening.

Has anyone found a similiar game that's NOT associated with PWE or ARC? If so, I'd love to know about it.
  • Elsariel - Sanctuary
    Elsariel - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    PWE is killing the game for the average player. I don't know if it's deliberate, but whether it is or not, it's happening.
    China is killing this version for the average player, by our Western standards of gaming.
    There is no denying it is poor management, but also that hardly anything would improve. They don't care, and people keep charging/funding them here because they can. Both sides are entitled.

The free player doesn't matter simply because it does not invest in them. Aside from time, and simple presence, but just like in an abusive relationship, simply being there is not enough. Player numbers do not support this, cash numbers do.

And even if somebody found greener pastures, by the way (there are plenty) nobody can name them here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Now we're all mad here."
  • gabrielgrey
    gabrielgrey Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So now we have pots that you can't use (lv 110 and lv 120s) and they have zero value so you can't sell them for anything. They're not even 1 coin like all the other devalued mats. Thanks for that?
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Basically every drop is worthless.They take and take due to their mistakes.The botting on my server wasn't noticeable until a few weeks before they added the ingame bot feature so they I guess they figured pw didn't care so they were masked by the feature on their third party programs.So after many years of grinding for casual dq for some coin or when dq rewards were available they decide to make them 1 coin.Dont you freakin think if we had a damn bot problem people would have had gold horses and everything under the sun available to them?

Come on China we know you make fail products but don't ruin the games to.
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah I'm not at ALL impressed by this. I picked up every pot in a dungeon run to pay for my repairs. Not too long ago I ran a full FB51 on my own, picking up everything that wasn't a DQ item. I made about 30k just in selling pots, which was just over the repair cost of my gear, so I made a tiny profit.

Now there's no point running the later dungeons, not even for Nuema. It's just not cost effective, especially with the amount of time the later ones can take. It's getting harder and harder to survive as a 90% no-cash player, especially with all the new stuff (War Avatar Catalysts, Accessory Socket Stones, etc.) that are only available on the Boutique.

It feels like they're putting as much as they can into getting all the coin they get out of us before the game runs itself into the ground.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They really removed pots value too? Impressive, they really want your money, using the botting problem as scapegoatb:laugh

I remember you could get a lot of high level pots from map 3 mobs in no time, turning that area in a good botting place; but now there is no reason to stay there (unless you want to use the pots instead of selling them).

Anyways, good greedy move PWE. Good thing I have been inactive for months.b:bye
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm doing an experiment now to see just how much I make in 5 hours botting from coin drop vs. repair. Seems like I'll still come out 300K or so ahead after repairs. I don't bot for the coin as much as I do for the mil exp while I'm at work. As for the pots. I'll sell them for 100 coin each in a catshop for the auto potters since many free to play people won't be able to afford tokens to make pots.

I suppose I should start making genies to sell with the 455 million spirit I racked up from botting too
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Seekertom - Sanctuary
    Seekertom - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sooo many complaints here in the forums....

just a thought for all of you...

There is no reason to complain when you figure out that this game has shifted from pve/pvp into a new type of game ... cve

Company vs Player

and we all just need to tighten up our belts and learn the new game
  • gabrielgrey
    gabrielgrey Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No I get it! If you spent a ton of RL cash to get R9 then you probably have a minimal or 0 repair cost when you're collecting your nuemas in dungeons or whatever, and that's the player they're catering to, and not the normal average player.
  • orangeladey
    edited June 2015
    I still find it is not so much the lack of sale value - it is that the Apothecary does not have a price on the goods he sells! They still cost to buy.

It seems apparent that 99.9% of people ignore the gamestory. Even the people who do care about the story probably don't feel that this can be considered breaking the internal story narritive. But I do.

I can't see the price of pots I want to buy. I can see the total - but how do I know I'm not being ripped off? Every other vendor NPC has a price on his goods, why not the Apothecary? I find this break in the game world norms unsettling. The whole line for the items Price is gone from ALL hp/mp retorative items.

I know a great many healing items did not have a sell value at all. But there had been a fair number that were only worth 1 coin.

This whole change is less fair to the BUYER than the Seller.

As a sidenote due to this I wish they would make the Lucky Pack drops stackable. Getting the pots made those things worth picking up, not anymore.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I still find it is not so much the lack of sale value - it is that the Apothecary does not have a price on the goods he sells! They still cost to buy.

This whole change is less fair to the BUYER than the Seller.

As a sidenote due to this I wish they would make the Lucky Pack drops stackable. Getting the pots made those things worth picking up, not anymore.

So you want to sell instead of "to buy". So many words instead of "give autobotters money".

Simple.

Also what for you need "Lucky Pack"? Drop amount of potions had not been changed.
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So you want to sell instead of "to buy". So many words instead of "give aotobotters money".

Simple.

Also what for you need "Lucky Pack"? Drop amount of potions had not been changed.

Actually I think what this person said was a valid point. Which other NPC do you purchase from that keeps the amount you're spending a secret? Even if pots have no value in the world at large you are entitled to see what you are spending at any shop. I believe that this is a bug in the game due to this change and while the bug may be linked to the pots losing their values, the issues are separate. We can QQ over the loss of coin, but NPCs hiding the true value of items is a separate issue that needs to be fixed.

Also nice edit. The lucky packs are no longer worth picking up as what they contain is zero and the hassle of having your bag full of items that do not stack is not worth it for the zero coin they net after the instance.
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited June 2015
    Actually I think what this person said was a valid point. Which other NPC do you purchase from that keeps the amount you're spending a secret? Even if pots have no value in the world at large you are entitled to see what you are spending at any shop. I believe that this is a bug in the game due to this change and while the bug may be linked to the pots losing their values, the issues are separate. We can QQ over the loss of coin, but NPCs hiding the true value of items is a separate issue that needs to be fixed.

Also nice edit. The lucky packs are no longer worth picking up as what they contain is zero and the hassle of having your bag full of items that do not stack is not worth it for the zero coin they net after the instance.

I am agree about necessary for NPC items' prices (they must be shown in the NPC shop), but I not see how said above is related with his conclusion about Lucky Packs.

Also can someone describe me, how you can get items from Lucky Pack according this link:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/3465
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Honestly, it seems the only types of [POTS] the games gonna hold value to anymore, is the kind that WANMEI's apparently been SmOkInG!!! b:pleasedb:victoryb:chuckle
  • orangeladey
    edited June 2015
    I agree that the vanished prices in store is a separate, more important issue, than the removal of value. If you don't pay sharp attention, how iwill you know if PW changes the buy price of them? It's an inconsistency in the game for no acceptable reason.
    I am agree about necessary for NPC items' prices (they must be shown in the NPC shop), but I not see how said above is related with his conclusion about Lucky Packs.

Also can someone describe me, how you can get items from Lucky Pack according this link:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/3465

Well, for dropped Lucky Packs, they do not stack. They drop fairly frequently They have such a slim chance of actually giving you the nice prize of double pots, transform pills and low level stones. It would be nice if they could stack like most other chance boxes.

As for Lucky pack in the pwdb. That pack is not dropped. If you click on its icon to go to it's Item Page, (your on it's quest page) You will see you get it from Wanted Quests (The ones you make with Crusade Order A & B) If you click on any of the Wanted Quests that can give you the Lucky Box as a Reward, you can see the odds of getting that box. Odds vary from 5-30% depending on the wanted quest. Wanted Quests also have a much smaller chance of giving you a Wraith Officer Badge for Rep.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited June 2015

Well, for dropped Lucky Packs, they do not stack. They drop fairly frequently They have such a slim chance of actually giving you the nice prize of double pots, transform pills and low level stones. It would be nice if they could stack like most other chance boxes...

So, to decrease chances of exploit better remove extra items (except potions) from Lucky Packs.

Then it can be stackable without any problems.

But since I hate bots, then I prefer non-stackable Lucky Packs and Lucky Boxes with all possible extra items.
  • cucujanu
    cucujanu Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, to decrease chances of exploit better remove extra items (except potions) from Lucky Packs.

Then it can be stackable without any problems.

But since I hate bots, then I prefer non-stackable Lucky Packs and Lucky Boxes with all possible extra items.

what *exploit* are you talking about?
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited June 2015
    cucujanu wrote: »
    what *exploit* are you talking about?

Lucky Star can drop:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/3470

All low level gems from above boxes can be used in Crazy Stone quest and can be combined in higher grade gems.
  • cucujanu
    edited June 2015
    and where is the exploid?
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited June 2015
    cucujanu wrote: »
    and where is the exploid?

Stack able Lucky Packs/Boxes/Stars can be abused to get mentioned by me items.

I propose before do this for bots of pwi (I not say about players) remove these extra items from Lucky Packs/Boxes/Stars.

Or remove bots to allow players to play this game.
  • cucujanu
    edited June 2015
    rofl, maybe you should change your name in Trollman
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Stack able Lucky Packs/Boxes/Stars can be abused to get mentioned by me items.

I propose before do this for bots of pwi (I not say about players) remove these extra items from Lucky Packs/Boxes/Stars.

Or remove bots to allow players to play this game.

Someone please tell me this is a troll b:beg
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • orangeladey
    edited June 2015

Someone please tell me this is a troll b:beg

I hope so too!

Especially since that Lucky Star drop rate has an under 1% real drop rate for the mobs and only a 5-9% chance of being a reward from certain L90 Wanted Quests.

Even then you only get 1 gem, not all of them.

Stacking an item will not exploit it. The only difference would be a minor one to you inventory.

Do Note - Please consider that a change to the Lucky boxes will NEVER Happen especially debating that point here,as that takes away from the main subjects:

A - The Unannounced value removal of pots.
    B - The removal of the buy price in Apothacaries.
    C - The lack of explanation behind these changes.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited June 2015
    I hope so too!

Especially since that Lucky Star drop rate has an under 1% real drop rate for the mobs and only a 5-9% chance of being a reward from certain L90 Wanted Quests.

Even then you only get 1 gem, not all of them.

Stacking an item will not exploit it. The only difference would be a minor one to you inventory.

Do Note - Please consider that a change to the Lucky boxes will NEVER Happen especially debating that point here,as that takes away from the main subjects:

A - The Unannounced value removal of pots.
    B - The removal of the buy price in Apothacaries.
    C - The lack of explanation behind these changes.

Sorry, but I say about facts.
    scruncy wrote: »
    there you can see that Joe has no clue. I farmed around 4000 pots a day by botting .....

If he had farmed 4000 pots during one day (chance of drop - 25%), then he could farm 4000/25=160 Lucky Star (if chance of drop is 1%).

May be it not worth to mention though.

This is my last post in this thread.
  • kenshin151
    kenshin151 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This game is already dying a long time. To begin with, never change the BH rewards for better things, which just keeps being garbage most of the time.

They have already reduced the value of DQ to 1 coin only, and now the potions too. Not to mention the Nirvana talismans.

Old bugs remain unsolved to this day, but to create new content, they are very quick...

This is not a game but a coin sink disguised.

The devs of this game is a lazy bunch of hungry for cash. And the saddest thing is to see that there are people who do not care about that and continues to contribute to their enrichment...
  • orangeladey
    edited June 2015
    kenshin151 wrote: »
    This game is already dying a long time. To begin with, never change the BH rewards for better things, which just keeps being garbage most of the time.

Yes, it's been dying for how many years now? 5, 6? This game isn't close to dying. It's not even on life support. It may however need to have quarterly physicals to keep watch on it's symptoms.

... I get so tired of that line, 'game is dying.' It's probably qualifies as a senior citizen, but dying is when functions stop working.
    They have already reduced the value of DQ to 1 coin only, and now the potions too. Not to mention the Nirvana talismans.

Boo hoo.

I've never cared about bh. Too much of a misnomer. And I prefer solo play. BHs are so unesssential to enjoying the game for me. I rarely sell my pots, so I don't actually care about the lack of income. I care aobut being informed.
    Old bugs remain unsolved to this day, but to create new content, they are very quick...

And do you realize that the new content gets it's bugs fixed relatively soon? Do you program? Given how the game has changed and developed, I'd wager that a lot of those 'bugs' are in Legacy code - even the game engine. That is not easy to fix.
    This is not a game but a coin sink disguised.
    Huh? You aren't really being clear here. Do you pay anything to play this to have a right being indignant? If the answer is no, then remember the old phrase "You get out of it what you put in."

You cannot be indignant if you haven't paid anything for the game, you are here on the sufference of PWI. Nothing requires them to be F2P, so what if it takes a LOT of work to be f2Win?

If you have paid for things, the same saying applies. Any business will take a look at what people buy and add more of them. If people boycotted Chance Boxes, and started demanding items be available for sale directly, PWI would do that, because that would be how the customer votes. All business work on a similar premise, give the customer what he wants. OR convince him he wants what he doesn't.
    The devs of this game is a lazy bunch of hungry for cash. And the saddest thing is to see that there are people who do not care about that and continues to contribute to their enrichment...

When you say devs - who do you mean? Because at the end of the day, the ones who make the money are NOT the people who make the game. It's the upper management and the shareholders.

Now go away and stay away. You aren't productive and you distract me off topic!
  • kenshin151
    kenshin151 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes, it's been dying for how many years now? 5, 6? This game isn't close to dying. It's not even on life support. It may however need to have quarterly physicals to keep watch on it's symptoms.

... I get so tired of that line, 'game is dying.' It's probably qualifies as a senior citizen, but dying is when functions stop working.

Boo hoo.

I've never cared about bh. Too much of a misnomer. And I prefer solo play. BHs are so unesssential to enjoying the game for me. I rarely sell my pots, so I don't actually care about the lack of income. I care aobut being informed.

And do you realize that the new content gets it's bugs fixed relatively soon? Do you program? Given how the game has changed and developed, I'd wager that a lot of those 'bugs' are in Legacy code - even the game engine. That is not easy to fix.

Huh? You aren't really being clear here. Do you pay anything to play this to have a right being indignant? If the answer is no, then remember the old phrase "You get out of it what you put in."

You cannot be indignant if you haven't paid anything for the game, you are here on the sufference of PWI. Nothing requires them to be F2P, so what if it takes a LOT of work to be f2Win?

If you have paid for things, the same saying applies. Any business will take a look at what people buy and add more of them. If people boycotted Chance Boxes, and started demanding items be available for sale directly, PWI would do that, because that would be how the customer votes. All business work on a similar premise, give the customer what he wants. OR convince him he wants what he doesn't.

When you say devs - who do you mean? Because at the end of the day, the ones who make the money are NOT the people who make the game. It's the upper management and the shareholders.

Now go away and stay away. You aren't productive and you distract me off topic!

It's the truth and the truth hurts, does not it?

The game may not be dying to you and others, but for many people, is already dead and buried. Different opinions, different views.

And I also prefer to play solo, so even think BH rewards should be better.

The company can profit more if you know please everyone, but they prefer to please only a small privileged group of people. This is called elitism.

Well, how you seem to condone what the devs do, you should be part of the group of people that helps the game be what it is today.
This discussion has been closed.