Guide to crafting r8rr

$picylovah - Sanctuary
$picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Crafting Nook
With the introduction of Quicksand Maze and r8rr gear there were some uncertainties. Since I finished farming my first armor piece of the r8rr set I decided to record it n clear up some of those uncertainties.

The reason I made the armor piece was just to experiment for myself how crafting the weapon will work, since Id end up having way too many of the other materials before finishing the gold material anyway, but having seen how it looks ill prolly choose to finish the whole set b:chuckle

Anyway, click here to see how it works ^^

Im also working on a guide to killing all the bosses in Quicksand Maze using only 2 real players + alts, its not finished yet since there still is 1 boss we havent encountered (I dont even know how its possible Gemini Warmonger where are u), though if people are interrested right now, I could post the other 12 bosses, and post the last one later
IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
Post edited by $picylovah - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Halfrican - Sanctuary
    Halfrican - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    quickseizure maze is no fun b:shocked
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No D: don't show them yet!
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • FloraFang - Harshlands
    FloraFang - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Omg someone is farming it! That's amazing I must know how long did it take to farm for one piece? I'm interested in going r8rr as opposed to r9rr.
    The three L's Love, Life and Light! Love those who love you back unconditionally. Live life the way you envision. And light a path that others would want to follow.

I've done two of them...don't try to guess xpb:kissb:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Omg someone is farming it! That's amazing I must know how long did it take to farm for one piece? I'm interested in going r8rr as opposed to r9rr.

I would not even try to do this dungeon if you're sitting at less than 15k hp buffed. Just gonna die a ton otherwise. Yet again, not hard to get that kind of HP on a veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I would not even try to do this dungeon if you're sitting at less than 15k hp buffed. Just gonna die a ton otherwise. Yet again, not hard to get that kind of HP on a veno.

In essence, if your g16 AA(not veno) ur pretty much going to want to stay out of this instance.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015
    A lot of our alts are only G16, and most of them are arcane armor, they manage fine in QM.

There isnt much uncontrollable damage in the instance, only a few 360* AoEs, as long as ur main tank is tanky enough ull manage, even with G16 gear. Quite honestly, we'd be able to do the instance with only 3 chars, not bringing along the alts, reason we do it anyway is because its faster, I dont see why u wouldnt be able to just join a squad and tag along, if u plan on farming it alone then ye...thats not gonna work.

• Eoria - Harshlands
    edited June 2015
    What kind of set up are you doing where it wouldn't take ages with only three people?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In essence, if your g16 AA(not veno) ur pretty much going to want to stay out of this instance.

I would only half agree. If you have a decent sky level and passives G16 can manage quite well. I would still recommend a mystic and cleric combination. Even with res buffs and cleric your cleric still will end up having to town and ride back to the group occasionally. Dying seems to be part of this instance until the random targets, debuffs and aoes etc are more understood by the general public.
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited June 2015
    I would only half agree. If you have a decent sky level and passives G16 can manage quite well.

Ehh...those people are usually breaking 15k buffed anyway.
    I would still recommend a mystic and cleric combination. Even with res buffs and cleric your cleric still will end up having to town and ride back to the group occasionally.

Or just two competent clerics. Hell, I've even solo-healed it. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• $picylovah - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015
    Ill be posting a guide on how to do all the bosses as soon as we've encountered them all, we still havent once encountered Gemini Warmonger..after so many runs -_-, though if u want I can post an incomplete version. As for the clearing speed, most captains heal a very large portion of their hp when they are allowed to use their special ability, so u cant leave them unstunned for longer than 2-3 seconds. (perfect stunlock isnt required) If a captain cant be stunned, he also wont heal his hp when using his special ability (with the exception of the Heal captain..but he dun heal much)

Pretty much all bosses go from difficult to extremely easy with a few tricks, the alts are very rarely in a threatening situation and on most bosses they dont take any damage whatshowever.

And yes, cleric/mystic combo would be ideal, our mystic isnt quite ready yet but when she is she'll definately get a spot, not only for the res buff, but more so for the damage buff, if ur afraid ur cleric will die u can always carry res scrolls

• Satyrion - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015
    For curious people, this is the cleric I'm using for our runs, and she's the only healer in squad
    http://mypers.pw/1.7/#140873
    She's an old cleric but she doing fine for PvE stuff, but still many ways to upgrade her yet. She have Lv4 defense passive, she have no nuema at all, but thanks to the free A chests at least she can use something else than B cards.

I do carry res scrolls on her, but I feel I need them less and less. I dont think I used any the last few runs. The instance isn't bad when you actually learn what is dangerous and what isn't, so that'd you know when to keep your distance and when you can literally stand hugging the captains, etc.
    Theres also a huge difference from our first duo runs and till now. I started to enjoy them while I was a bit scared at first xD
    The 1H captains are still scary as hell though! QQ

I just got Mystic to Lv99, I'm almost there b:surrender
    I'm actually worried about her, she still sitting in TT90 gear, apart from cape/helm/weapon and one ring... :S
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015
    At least she has shards in her weapon b:scorn

• Satyrion - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015
    Nope she dont, stop bully my weapon shardless chars b:cry
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ehh...those people are usually breaking 15k buffed anyway.

Or just two competent clerics. Hell, I've even solo-healed it. :/

It's more than possible but even with two clerics at g16 you will still end up dying sometimes unless you understand the bosses traps, aoes and debuffs. It's hard to be "competent" in an instance most people don't understand
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015

To answer this question. We have been farming this duo for a month (daily), where we both got enough materials for one armor piece. However I was planning to get the armor on my sin and weapon on my veno, so my materials are a bit more split up between the two characters, and therefore I cannot craft my first armor piece yet. I do have all gold materials ready for it though. Of course it would take longer with a full squad since there are more people to split with.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon