Ultimate Substance

belam1
belam1 Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Ok people here is something I'd like your views on...

Now that we got no more Nirvana Talisman from BH rewards how are we supposed to get subs other than trading materials or tokens for them?

I can see alot of people may benefit from this situation by rising the price of the subs in cat shops.

Share your love for pwi b:sad
Post edited by belam1 on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Hey guys! Remember when we thought the introduction of tokens crashed the sub market because people could buy them for 5k instead of farming them? Fun times!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Ostara - Lost City
    Ostara - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    *gets out cane and grey hair*
    In my day we had to farm for our subs and not just get them for free from lvl 100 BH. It's not that bad(mainly because I don't farm hh and I have nv3rd gear). And yes those are the only way to get them.
  • Aragom_ - Archosaur
    Aragom_ - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    b:chuckle Good thing I turned my Nirvana Talisman for Subs, have over 3,000 subs, so want have to farm herbs for a long time. b:chuckle

But as far as I know to get subs now you have to farm or use Tokens to make subs b:victory

Oh I forgot about those illegal herb farming bots, seeing more of them. And if you see a catshop with ungodly amounts of Aopth in their shop, you know their using an illegal bot to farm for them.
  • Gnarrr - Lost City
    Gnarrr - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    belam1 wrote: »
    Now that we got no more Nirvana Talisman from BH rewards how are we supposed to get subs other than trading materials or tokens for them?

I guess you can farm the mats and make em, but the way PWI is going, that won't work long.

I'm thinking the FTP aspects of this game are gone, If you don't pay, you cant play.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I guess you can farm the mats and make em, but the way PWI is going, that won't work long.

I'm thinking the FTP aspects of this game are gone, If you don't pay, you cant play.

We have to realize that there are so many in the game who could not seem to figure out how to level characters without frost or a pill. Actually putting effort into getting anything in the game is beyond their comprehension.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    OmniX - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    People QQing about losing "FREE" subs would die back in the day when we had to farm those suckers...
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Hey guys! Remember when we thought the introduction of tokens crashed the sub market because people could buy them for 5k instead of farming them? Fun times!

It requires 7 tokens to make 2 subs, tokens are 20k each, thats 70k per sub to get from boutique agent.

Not really the same thing is it.....
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    It requires 7 tokens to make 2 subs, tokens are 20k each, thats 70k per sub to get from boutique agent.

Not really the same thing is it.....

Well to really know we'd have to know the gold price then. From there we could calculate the rate of inflation to see the difference between the relative purchasing powers of the price of the item. However, considering packs are more expensive per gold now than they used to be. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's a fair assessment. As the token value is directly tied to the price of packs.

At the same time though, the view of these two is unfairly biased, when it comes to preparing perceptions. When they were added to the token vendor and people got them that way, they were massive time savers. So getting subs this was cheaper. Now we are going from getting them as a bonus from doing stuff we did anyway for very little cost. That completely changes our view on this, regardless if someone did the necessary calculations and found out the relative increase (or lack thereof) in adjusted prices wasn't all that much.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm still amazed people actually run tt with subs these days.

I guess there is some pittance to be made selling tt mats, and there are still people that actually buy them.

I know that when they inevitably kill off advanced grinding machine etc. from JJ, tt will get a whole lot more attractive for people that need coin.

Everyone else that isn't already shelling out all their money on this game will just quit, because they value their time more than that.

Judging from the wall of Duke spam, pwi couldn't care less about those people anyways.

Personally it just means I lose 150k a day from vending mirages. TT is deader than nirvana to me. I just buy lunar mats and make those, because it is SOOOOO much simpler and easier and the gear looks better mostly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have to strongly disagree with you. Check both mypers links in my discription. Those chars have both been financed by TT for around 80% of their worth. Stormbringer are not out for that long, huh?

I think the problem lies not within the game. it lies within the server. Morai isnt dead unlike many US Server. Here some people even buy TT1-x and 2-x mats for upto 500k!!! each in masses. I bud of mine makes a flippin 30m each day farming those low lvl TTs without x2. so yeah. HT is dead. DW is dead.

Seems like the only active Server are Sanct, Morai and HL.

BTT: Its been overdue. Now subs are finally worth something again and da hell...I already have sold around 500 Subs for 50k each and that seems to be cheap xDD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Seems like the only active Server are Sanct, Morai and HL.

harshlands has 35 people per nation @NW and half of them are alts...i cant imagine that any server would be less active than HL nowadays :P

also, why do we cry about the prices of subs? certain people only make 19 mil instad of 20 mil profit on g16 armor now? :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • YeIIowFox - Harshlands
    YeIIowFox - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Time to pull out the co-ordinates for my sub farming route b:laugh i am sure it will be as tedious as it always was to farm them b:shocked

If people are only making 20mil profit from g16 gear then they are doing something wrong, i make min 40mil profit on every single peice that I make
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Time to pull out the co-ordinates for my sub farming route b:laugh i am sure it will be as tedious as it always was to farm them b:shocked

If people are only making 20mil profit from g16 gear then they are doing something wrong, i make min 40mil profit on every single peice that I make

well yeah, but you see my point now, right? subs are mainly used for the crafting part and the people that do it will still make enough profit out of it^^

and the TT farmers wont care about subs, they will just earn it back 20x per run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited June 2015
    well yeah, but you see my point now, right? subs are mainly used for the crafting part and the people that do it will still make enough profit out of it^^

and the TT farmers wont care about subs, they will just earn it back 20x per run.

Brings back sweet memories

• scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We have chips and socket stones as BH1 prize, why not give us subs?
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    We have chips and socket stones as BH1 prize, why not give us subs?

It used to. People whined about it all the time too and didn't like it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Elsariel - Sanctuary
    Elsariel - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Maybe this is a push to get people to farm Lunar more? No idea, actually. It used to be that running and making TT gear was more affordable, but now likely the opposite will apply.

I had the incredible fortune to be invited to the game by a dear friend in its early years, so this 'difficulty' does not seem all that daunting. It feels like going back in time. b:laugh

People will get over it and keep playing -- even the F2P demographic -- and find a way to manage, because that's what there is to be done.
    If one still loves some things in this game one forgives a lot of things going on in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Now we're all mad here."
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Why are so many people annoyed about this?
    #1-If every 1 doesnt have a stockpile by now, wth have you been doing??
    #2-When I started pwi, if you wanted something you farmed it. GO FARM MATS. Its really not that hard lol (hey now the people whining about cash shoppers have something easy they can farm and sell!)
    #3-If you dont want to farm mats, token prices at least on sanctuary are just not that high. You dont need to buy gold.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Why are so many people annoyed about this?

#2-When I started pwi, if you wanted something you farmed it. GO FARM MATS. Its really not that hard lol (hey now the people whining about cash shoppers have something easy they can farm and sell!)

bots will corner sub market after current stockpiles run out, this is poor planning, although having free lvl 100 aa alts wasnt too smart either
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How high are token prices on your guy servers that you complaining about subs/planning to farm mats 0_o, on lost city token prices are under 12k each atm which us like 40k a sub, 120k to open HH 3-3 so farmers lose...the value of oht mats from the first boss?
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    like bots are gonna compete against token price .... u still gonna get that price atleast... and every other scenario wouldve been bs.... --> bots aint gonna change a thing on sub prices( unless they spam so ****** hard, that subs be back to 20-30k.. in that case , nothing changed)

^ye im biased
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's a shame.
    But yeah, like a lot of people, I have a decent stash of subs now, prolly more than I'll ever need; I don't farm tt unless I'm making something, and I only make something if a new race comes out that has char-specific weapons, so I don't foresee myself ever needing subs again.

I think I'm one of the small handful of people who actually enjoyed farming world spawning mats >.> so if it came to that, I won't have a problem doin the ol' rounds... pretty sure I can remember where I used to like to go XD

I don't think it's exactly a bad thing that maybe people re-learn (or learn) what it was like to have to do stuff in a broader spectrum, like farming world mats. MMOs are mostly about repetitive menial tasks anyway unless you pay; not that I really support paying, but that's just how the system works.

I've heard people give their suppositions why this change occurred, and whatever the reason, the reason was dumb, naturally, this is PWI we're talking about here, they hardly ever have a good reason for doing anything. However, it's such a small change that really only adds some extra time to an activity if you're in the market for running TT or making something, so I don't feel it's worth getting too bent out of shape about. Eh, if subs become a thing people want to buy again, maybe I'll get into that market, I need to expand my easy money catshop portfolio.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Personally, I think that if the inevitable price rise for subs gets too High (thanks to the Removal of the nirvi items) I think PWE should just make up and easy to use "ARC code" that'll give us each like "50 (or so) Free Subs" should the time and need arise do to overblowing price hikes (It may be the only way to fight the price bloat in the short run) b:thanks

But tbh, I hope the price gouging isn't gonna get that bad on subs so early... But who knows it just may be even worde then that...b:surrender
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited June 2015
    seitori wrote: »
    Personally, I think that if the inevitable price rise for subs gets too High (thanks to the Removal of the nirvi items) I think PWE should just make up and easy to use "ARC code" that'll give us each like "50 (or so) Free Subs" should the time and need arise do to overblowing price hikes (It may be the only way to fight the price bloat in the short run) b:thanks

But tbh, I hope the price gouging isn't gonna get that bad on subs so early... But who knows it just may be even worde then that...b:surrender

No... Just no.. Enough with the stupid I deserve free **** because I exist in the game BS. There literally way too much free **** in PWI including exp and what not as it is. Life is all about putting effort into attaining the things you want. Free subs to me are farmed subs. And that's the way it should be. If the devs decided to add them to BH rewards directly then I'd be ok with that. At least one would have to put forth some effort and achieve something to get them.

• Shidoshi - Lost City
    Shidoshi - Lost City Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hey as long as you have to buy your rank 9 gear. sub should be free. basicelly the owner of the game wants you to buy off people the buy all this stuff. since ulti sub can be made from tokens. the logical thing to do is take out everything the makes ulti subs from the game and make you buy tokens to make them, SO that the seller of the tokens can buy more tokens from people that buy packs so they make more money. just like you can't sell potion the drop on the ground for coinage anymore. thank china for that one.
    pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ah yes... I remember leveling the hard way... Although not completely if i'm honest.
    I lvl'd my archer to 80 without hypers but my barb was hyped from 65to 80 and after I ran every day FCC, famous for kamikaze pulls <3
    Back on topic: I really hope sub prices aren't gonna rise too much as i'm already needing a lot of coin to get van mats for g15 and 16 :(
    There literally way too much free **** in PWI including exp and what not as it is. Life is all about putting effort into attaining the things you want. Free subs to me are farmed subs. And that's the way it should be. If the devs decided to add them to BH rewards directly then I'd be ok with that. At least one would have to put forth some effort and achieve something to get them.

I don't see any free exp lying around, only some blessings and stuff. In the past, maybe 2 months ago. but not now.
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Mr_pickle - Sanctuary
    Mr_pickle - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Seems no matter what PWI does people will be upset.

Personally I miss days when TT required a squad and to get subs you had to farm them b:chuckle

PWI was so much better when people had to work for things and it required team work to do it. Now everyone wants everything handed to them and to ignore other players and go solo.
  • Halfrican - Sanctuary
    Halfrican - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Seems no matter what PWI does people will be upset.

Personally I miss days when TT required a squad and to get subs you had to farm them b:chuckle

PWI was so much better when people had to work for things and it required team work to do it. Now everyone wants everything handed to them and to ignore other players and go solo.

b:laugh so true pickle
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited June 2015
    Ah yes... I remember leveling the hard way... Although not completely if i'm honest.
    I lvl'd my archer to 80 without hypers but my barb was hyped from 65to 80 and after I ran every day FCC, famous for kamikaze pulls <3
    Back on topic: I really hope sub prices aren't gonna rise too much as i'm already needing a lot of coin to get van mats for g15 and 16 :(

If the prices of subs do go up people will farm them for coin like the days of the past. That's not a bad thing. That's the way it should be.

I don't see any free exp lying around, only some blessings and stuff. In the past, maybe 2 months ago. but not now.

You misunderstood. Free hypers and scrolls from daily check in and other BS like that.

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No... Just no.. Enough with the stupid I deserve free **** because I exist in the game BS. There literally way too much free **** in PWI including exp and what not as it is. Life is all about putting effort into attaining the things you want. Free subs to me are farmed subs. And that's the way it should be. If the devs decided to add them to BH rewards directly then I'd be ok with that. At least one would have to put forth some effort and achieve something to get them.

You do realize? That I posted my last comment on this, as a way to combat a possible future overblown spikes in Subs costs?? {b:faint} And not, I repeat Not, as a whiney Sss'd ~give me free stuff cry~??? (Most times I feel the same way you do when I'd hear people constantly crying for them (I didn't mind some of them, when sparkie would give out certain 1s, but the others were handed out way to often) so would you please see it for what it was, because you kinda jumped to a completely Wrong Conclusions on its meaning...b:surrender

Now let me say this though, I Do actually Exist in this game... And I do actually farm just about every ****** thing I go out to get in it (and considering I have over "21-characters on 2-accounts & 3-servers" thats no small feat for me (in my absolutely insanely & blindly tenacious attempt to keep them all "up-to-date" and as "non-suck actually decently geared and skilled non-fails babies") Sure I do use the Boutique on rare occasion for their "fashions, dyes, charms & other certain necessities for them etc." but only on a rare occasion (do to me having craploads of "RL bills" to pay for my Family & Household costs) so please don't think that I'm being a whiner who only wants everything handed to them for free (I too would rather work for it) the point of my former post, was solely meant to point out a possible way to combat the possibility of future price gouging on [Ult. Subs] (since Wanmei was so kind to (*Coughs ~_~*) pull the rug out on the Nirvi part of the rewards, that we were all getting from our BHs that many had been using to make subs with) and nothing else...

Now as for your idea on being awarded subs as part of the BH rewards, thats an excellent idea (even better then my own possible thoughts on it) that would help greatly, in squashing much of the possibilities of too much "price gouging" and would be an incredible long term counter to it to boot, so I give you Kudos for giving out a better idea then my own...b:thanks