Patch Notes discussion

2»

Comments

• creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How about the Neck/Belt socketing? 
    Do people that have NW Necklace / R9 Belt automaticly get max sockets? 
    Or do we have to use 6516515654164 Mil to get those :o

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    creysero wrote: »
    How about the Neck/Belt socketing? 
    Do people that have NW Necklace / R9 Belt automaticly get max sockets? 
    Or do we have to use 6516515654164 Mil to get those :o

Considering they are pack items and you need a total of ~200 I guess for 4 Sockets...ya its gonna be unbelievably expensive knowing our playerbase. some ******* will drop several thousands and buy the whole server supply, pushing the prices extremely until they got what they wanted. It's always the same. I really wished for just boutique items...even if socks + decent shards would have been a thousand gold or so. Wouldnt have mattered. But no. we got BS again.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    99% of the active PvPers is UNABLE to click the friggin Def charms and thus die by it from now on

I saw your edit so I won't comment on what you didn't understand at first (but you should be happy since it's gonna be more challenging to dominate everyone now :)) but I'm wondering what you consider as active PvPers. Because in my opinion 90% of people don't even have defensive charms in their inventory anyway.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm really happy about the auto recovery stone. i'm used to click my pots and charms for a long long time :D But damm that socketing sucksb:shutup image the gold price on Morai :D 4 mils and then image the shard prices go up like hell well fml b:victory
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Stuff.

I could be wrong but... I think we were told that people who have used Super Inventory Stone/Cage already will have their Inventory/Cage expanded without the need to buy another Super Stone/Cage.

Well, buying another Super Cage for another 10 slots makes sense. But buying a Super Stone for just 2 more rows, not so much.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I could be wrong but... if I recall correctly, we were told that people who have used Super Inventory Stone/Cage already will have their Inventory/Cage expanded without the need to buy another Stone/Cage.
    I don't remember that ever being said. That sounds more like some people were engaging in wishful thinking. Those two extra rows normally cost 5 normal inventory stones so another super stone is a reasonable price.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't remember that ever being said. That sounds more like some people were engaging in wishful thinking. Those two extra rows normally cost 5 normal inventory stones so another super stone is a reasonable price.

Oh, I see. Oh well, I'm just happy I can finally make more space in inventory >.>
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    At least they are making discount for cages and inventory stones (expected by me :D).
    Though it's kinda late for super cage now, I managed to settle all usable pets for now out of hopelessness and don't know if it's worth to buy another super cage for stuff I never use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    At least they are making discount for cages and inventory stones (expected by me :D).
    Though it's kinda late for super cage now, I managed to settle all usable pets for now out of hopelessness and don't know if it's worth to buy another super cage for stuff I never use.

A discount lol...It wouldn't surprise me if they were double price what with how money oriented their newest patch is. This game is getting worse and worse with every patch. Can't WAIT for hp passives. Cata barbs will be hell.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A discount lol...It wouldn't surprise me if they were double price what with how money oriented their newest patch is.
    To be honest I don't remember any significant price changes for years in boutique. Prices are mostly fixed + sales and discounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Ruby_Inferno - Harshlands
    Ruby_Inferno - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Finally! They finally made Auto-Pots useless. Anyone that has at least a little fixiation on Skill will agree that this is wonderful.

Awww...now you have to actually click your def charms or die...man...so sad if you are a ****, unskilled moron that can't pull that off. Really sad. Indeed. Guess I'll be dominating PvP on my Server even more starting from tomorrow cause truth be told. 99% of the active PvPers is UNABLE to click the friggin Def charms and thus die by it from now on. Many, many times.

<33333333333 b:dirty

EDIT: NVM, just seens the clarification. FFS. No one needs the F'ing Autopot. PWI give those nubs a chance to show skill. just friggin once. And there I was all hyped. **** this, I'm off to bed!

This. b:victory
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A discount lol...It wouldn't surprise me if they were double price what with how money oriented their newest patch is. This game is getting worse and worse with every patch. Can't WAIT for hp passives. Cata barbs will be hell.

Don't forget the other passive that will increase charm cooldowns of your target. They will make the game a slower paced game, but it honestly won't change too much.

Right now we need to cut through ~50k HP in 10 seconds. Afterwards it will be ~70k in 15 seconds. PWI was always a pretty fast paced game, it's nice to see them taking steps to assure things slow down a bit.

I strongly disagree, each change is getting it better and better.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Don't forget the other passive that will increase charm cooldowns of your target. They will make the game a slower paced game, but it honestly won't change too much.

Right now we need to cut through ~50k HP in 10 seconds. Afterwards it will be ~70k in 15 seconds. PWI was always a pretty fast paced game, it's nice to see them taking steps to assure things slow down a bit.

I strongly disagree, each change is getting it better and better.

I actually wasn't aware of the passive for cool downs. However I find it will be interesting to see how they can implement this. As for it getting better and better....it isn't really. They are pushing more and more for people to cash shop. Sure there are ways around it..but right now there is no gold in the market. The gold prices are ran by the people with the most money who want to keep everything for themselves. The market is insanely screwed up. The game is highly underpopulated compared to the past, and with new games just around the corner that will also be free to play but are already widely popular in other places PWI needs to break some serious ground to appeal to their non cash shopping players before they get rolled over.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    not announced in patch note: pots from Divine Emissary of Shadow value 0 coins now. it wasn't much but getting 120k for each Divine Honor of the Void was nice...

edit: normal pots are coins too...
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    the change of the behaviour of the Auto-Recovery Stone is a nerf to clerics. currently most pvp clerics probably have their mp activation set way ahead of a possible charm-tick to ensure that plumeshelll won't suddenly drop after a sin lands few zerkcrits in row. now the pot wont be activated till the charm ticks. in certain situations the cleric will die now, where they wouldn't have before.

this affects hp charms, too. but why do they do this? no one ever even remotely mentioned that something might be wrong with the auto-recover behaviour! i will tell you why; because those management ****ers want to sell more charms. they don't intend to nerf clerics, that is just the usual greed collateral damage. they just ralized that people with Auto-Recovery Stones circumvent charm ticks alltogether in pve by setting the auto-recovery to use a free "Chi Poultice of Death" way before a mp-charm tick (or a free "Limb Poultice of Death" before a hp-charm tick).

I would argue that this is pretty far-fetched. This is hardly a nerf to clerics. Put down your pitch forks while I tell you a story, friends.

Prince Mayora comes to TW after the change to the charm and autopots. He has 16580 MP. He puts up plume shell to absorb 80% of incoming damage because he sees that nasty Crygol flashing his daggers menacingly on the horizon.

BAM Crygol jumps to Mayora and slashes with a hefty headhunt. It’s super effective! He crits for 8093 damage!
    But Prince was a clever elf. He put up plume shell. Plume shell absorbs 80% of the damage, meaning Mayora only takes 1618.6 damage (20%) and his mana charm takes 7121.84 (80% x 1.1) Mana points. He also likes to live so his autopot is set to 95%.
    His mana charm ticks, because it’s below 75% (100% mana: 16580MP – 7121.84MP = 9458.16MP)

Here is a play by play of his mana charm:
    Second 1: Mayora has full MP. Crygol is still casting a skill.
    Second 2: Mayora has full MP. Crygol is still casting a skill.
    Second 3: Crygol strikes again! He deals another incredible max crit for 8093! It’s magic because it’s a theoretical situation so two max crits in a row can happen!
    Second 4: Mayora’s MP drops to 9458.16MP
    Second 5: MP gains 500 points. Goes from 9458.16 to 9958.16
    Second 6: MP gains 500 points. Goes from 9958.16 to 10458.16
    Second 7: Crygol strikes again! He deals another incredible max crit for 8093! Stop the madness! How does this guy get max crits so much!? He takes 7121.84MP off his MP to leave Prince at 3336.32
    Second 8: MP gains 500 points. Goes from 3336.32 to 3836.32
    Second 9: MP gains 500 points. Goes from 3836.32 to 4336.32
    Second 10: MP charm ticks, Mana at full. The same pot is still restoring mana because it was activated 5 seconds in to his 10 second charm tick cool down.
    Second 11: Crygol strikes again! Why doesn’t he wait for plume shell to go away? Because we need an example with constant damage! He’s determined and deals another incredible max crit for 8093! MP gains 500 points. Goes from 9458.16 to 9958.16
    Second 12: MP gains 500 points. Goes from 9958.16 to 10458.16
    Second 13: MP gains 500 points. Goes from 10458.16 to 10958.16
    Second 14: Crygol deals 8093! Whoa! MP gains 500 points. Goes from 10958.16 to 11458.16. Crygol takes another 7121.84MP off his MP to leave Prince at 4336.32
    Second 15: New pot is activated. MP gains 500 points. Goes from 4336.32 to 4836.32
    Second 16: MP gains 500 points. Goes from 4836.32 to 5336.32
    Second 17: Plume shell is gone. It’s been way more than 20 seconds since he put up plume shell and saw Crygol. MP gains 500 points. Goes from 5336.32 to 5836.32.
    Second 18: Crygol now does more damage to HP Charm which is another story.

Now lets play the same situation before the update:
    Prince Mayora comes to TW. He has 16580 MP. He puts up plume shell to absorb 80% of incoming damage because he sees that nasty Crygol flashing his daggers menacingly on the horizon.
    Blablalba Crygol crits for 8093 damage.
    Second 1: Prince’s Mana charm takes 7121.84 (80% x 1.1) leaving prince with 9458.16MP. His pot activates restoring 500MP going from 9458.16 to 9958.16. His mana charm ticks.
    Second 2: Prince’s mana returns to full because of the tick. His herb Recovers 500MP. Goes from 16580 to 16580 because he is already at max MP.
    Second 3: His herb Recovers 500MP. Goes from 16580 to 16580 because he already is at max MP.
    Second 4: Blablabla Crygol deals 8093.
    Second 5: Mayora’s MP drops to 9458.16MP again. MP gains 500 points. Goes from 9458.16 to 9958.16
    Second 6: MP gains 500 points. Goes from 9958.16 to 10458.16
    Second 7: Crygol strikes againfor 8093. MP gains 500 points. Goes from 10458.16 to 10958.16. Crygol takes another 7121.84MP off his MP to leave Prince at 3836.32
    Second 8: MP gains 500 points. Goes from 3836.32 to 4336.32
    Second 9: MP gains 500 points. Goes from 4336.32 to 4836.32
    Second 10: MP charm ticks, Mana at full. Pot is activated because he was below 95% MP. His herb Recovers 500MP. Goes from 16580 to 16580 because he already is at max MP because of the MP charm tick.
    Second 11: Crygol strikes for 8093 MP gains 500 points. Goes from 9458.16 to 9958.16
    Second 12: MP gains 500 points. Goes from 9958.16 to 10458.16
    And so on.

Basically I would like to propose that before the update that you would waste mana recovery time and pots recovering mana that was not available to be recovered.
    Now, theoretically, at the cost of 500 extra points off your charm (as this was not recovered by the insta pot activation) you will save your pots by only activating them when there is mana to be recovered.

This is just a hypothesis as I haven't gone into detailed testing yet on when exactly the pots activate (this could even be a smaller change than we are assuming). Given more variables such as mana use while being attacked, extra attackers with lesser damage etc. it’s possible that it may change how much damage is done to the mana charm, as having a pot tick before a charm will ensure that mana is recovering BEFORE your mana drops so low... But while this absolutely does tick the mana charm more and may cost more money in the long run due to the expense of charms vs pots, it should not alter the survival chances of a cleric using plume shell by decreased mana recovery, because pots recover in increments over a timed period and can constantly be replenishing, while charms have an instant action replenishment but a cool down wait period.

If somehow you are more concerned about saving your charm than your pots I recommend not equipping a charm for PVE.

As far as I am concerned there is absolutely no reason to have a mana charm AND an autopot for anything other than intense PVP situations.

References:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/19240
    Herb: 10 second cooldown +5000 mana

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/15760
    Spirit charm, Ticks at 75%, 10 second cool down

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Cleric_Skill_List
    Plume Shell: Convert your Mana and Chi into a protective barrier that absorbs 80% of incoming physical damage. Every point of damage absorbed consumes 1.1 Mana. Lasts 20 seconds.

http://mypers.pw/1.8/#68956/120773
    I used Crygol and Prince Mayora on Sanctuary server because they are the first of each class with similar gear, that would be in a PVP situation that popped up. This is what I used as a damage and stat example. It was not intended to offend either person so I apologise if you take offense, I just appreciate your gears!b:dirty
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wasn't expect pwi would do some fixes without a pricecard. Its all about money the last few years with pwi.

Dont forget the DQ system. I think we all still wait for that new system they promissed years ago.
    But to be fair its free stuff so PWI will lose coins by bring back that system. Dont forget they nerve the DQ drops along with the Gear drops. To stop the prices and the autobotting system, which pwi put in the game. Lets give the players some Cardsystem. It's fun and we can sell them in the gold shop! You know something lets do a reawakening so players have to buy more charms. What the heck lets sell super safe stone for more inventory and bankspace. You know what lets add some socketstones for Jewels. Brillant idea lets put them in packs so ppl spent more to get them!!

Oeps sorry all I feel a member off PWI- staff for a minute but let me be fair PWI wont stop putting more and more stuff in the game to get money. After all they didn't make a new system to get your old friends back into the game. No PWI get hunderd new players every day because the game is fun even for no paying customers. Sadly pwi need to put in this event because with the demand off more and more gold to have fun in this game, ppl leave! To bad pwi dont get the way the market works and with in 3-4 years this game is done for.
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Eirghan,
    everyone has put down their auto-recovery pitch forks already b:chuckle because the initial patchnotes were inaccurate, and plain wrong. but they have been corrected. so you are fighting windmills here.

and my major complaint was of pve-nature (initally patchnotes said that u had to tick before even a mana pot would have been activated), which would mean that you couldnt avoid charmticks with free mp and hp potions. it would have had also a small negative impact on clerics in pvp-situations. but like i said, those initial patchnotes were wrong. in regards of auto-recovery we are all cool.b:pleased
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    it seems the auto-pots functioning is unchanged so far
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I actually wasn't aware of the passive for cool downs. However I find it will be interesting to see how they can implement this. As for it getting better and better....it isn't really. They are pushing more and more for people to cash shop. Sure there are ways around it..but right now there is no gold in the market. The gold prices are ran by the people with the most money who want to keep everything for themselves. The market is insanely screwed up. The game is highly underpopulated compared to the past, and with new games just around the corner that will also be free to play but are already widely popular in other places PWI needs to break some serious ground to appeal to their non cash shopping players before they get rolled over.

Fair enough. New socket stones being packs only blows big ones.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015
    it would have had also a small negative impact on clerics in pvp-situations. but like i said, those initial patchnotes were wrong. in regards of auto-recovery we are all cool.b:pleased

I fail to see how this would have a negative impact on clerics, but glad to see you put down your pitchfork.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Isn't the auto pot thing so that you don't waste a HP/MP pot when you respawn after death?

Normally those tick instantly as your charm ticks. That was always annoying.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015
    Isn't the auto pot thing so that you don't waste a HP/MP pot when you respawn after death?

Normally those tick instantly as your charm ticks. That was always annoying.

As far as I can tell it's precisely that. So your pot doesn't tick wasting pots to recover mana or HP that has already been recovered by a charm tick
  • Lady_of_Wind - Heavens Tear
    Lady_of_Wind - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nice to see that there was actually some different things going on.

But seriously people, some of these changes have been used in other games, those that only play PWI will never see this. Change is fun and to see this in PWI means those of us that are used to some of these changes will do better than those complaining about it.

To see what a target is targetting is old news to me, but will help people know who exactly has aggro (like a cleric healing).

For the auto pots that people who are less coordinated implement, you need to grow out of your total need for that. You are better and should know when you need to use it yourself, then rely on an auto-recovery system.
  • Yadra - Archosaur
    Yadra - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Something I might have missed, with the new update is there a way to convert the old blood into the new item used to get the passives? Or is this not the patch that opens the rest of the primal map?
    Currently 104/103/102
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That's where you're wrong. People paid for max slots not for a set amont. the description of the item says max not a number.

It was max slots at the time one used the stone. Not max slots retroactively. Get over it
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    It was max slots at the time one used the stone. Not max slots retroactively. Get over it

To be fair, the geography map works retroactively. But yeah, the items specifically said that Max=64 slots. TBH though, I'm not that bummed about it. Cosmetic/Functional items should be the main boutique things in any f2p mmo. It is exactly the type of thing I have zero qualms whatsoever shelling out for. This gem socketing stuff though....

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Target-of-my-target is a cool feature and I'm glad they fixed the UI glitch, but otherwise I'm not very hyped.

There's work enough without me having to worry for different kinds of socket stones and shards which are pack only, not happy about nirvana talismans and not happy about duke spamming the chat again.

Wish they'd adjust the instances little better. Make something else than killing power a factor. Honestly I love QSM but nobody else likes to run it and it's bit pointless now since I have no r8rr plans. Wtb other drops in there.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • GingerSprite - Sanctuary
    GingerSprite - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Target-of-my-target is a cool feature and I'm glad they fixed the UI glitch, but otherwise I'm not very hyped.

There's work enough without me having to worry for different kinds of socket stones and shards which are pack only, not happy about nirvana talismans and not happy about duke spamming the chat again.

Wish they'd adjust the instances little better. Make something else than killing power a factor. Honestly I love QSM but nobody else likes to run it and it's bit pointless now since I have no r8rr plans. Wtb other drops in there.

Isn't this part of that thing they call power creep? Which was already bad enough anyway.b:surrender