[Maintenance Discussion] 6/2/15 COMPLETE

Comments

• tbagninja
    tbagninja Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can I get a size estimation of this patch? I know manual patches are out of the question nowadays but I have limited monthly bandwidth and need to know how big this is. Please and thank you. :)
  • bsup68
    bsup68 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So now pots (HP/MP) drops are worth zero.... didn't see that in the patch notes....
    Does that mean that we can buy the same stuff from apo for free too :P
  • Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver
    Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bsup68 wrote: »
    So now pots (HP/MP) drops are worth zero.... didn't see that in the patch notes....
    Does that mean that we can buy the same stuff from apo for free too :P

WOW. I hope that's an error on PW's part and gets fixed. That was one of the last things you can pick up and make a few coins from.
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

started playing April 2009.. took a few years break.. PWI is truly the Hotel California of MMORPGs b:surrender
  • Elsariel - Sanctuary
    Elsariel - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bsup68 wrote: »
    So now pots (HP/MP) drops are worth zero....
    What? b:shocked

I wonder if this was intended. And I wonder even more what else we are going to discover of unwritten changes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Now we're all mad here."
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    WOW. I hope that's an error on PW's part and gets fixed. That was one of the last things you can pick up and make a few coins from.

If you play yourself (not AFK), then you can sell ✩,✩✩,✩✩✩ (1✩,2✩,3✩) items.
  • bsup68
    edited June 2015
    well saw it mentioned in wc on RT server and it looks like they are worth Zero

Screen from a pot stack on one of my chars:

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t321/bsup68/hp%20pot%20worth%200_zpslegec8dl.png
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited June 2015

you can say thank you to the idiot who made that post about the pots in the quality corner.b:fatb
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited June 2015
    scruncy wrote: »
    you can say thank you to the idiot who made that post about the pots in the quality corner.b:fatb

If you are not autobot, then you not need to sell potions.

You can use them.

Also about drop:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/8682

You can sell following items from this mob (as example):
    ✩Rings, ✩Boots, ✩Pendants, etc.
    edited June 2015
    If you play yourself (not AFK), then you can sell ✩,✩✩,✩✩✩ (1✩,2✩,3✩) items.

If I pick up gears I usually break them down for chi stones. Worth more that way if you resell them.
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

started playing April 2009.. took a few years break.. PWI is truly the Hotel California of MMORPGs b:surrender
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited June 2015
    If I pick up gears I usually break them down for chi stones. Worth more that way if you resell them.

Yes, but I had not set cash shop even once, I had decomposed items when my genie needed it only. Also I used very cheap items from AH for decomposition.

This is why I had proposed above.

You found better use of dropped items for yourself.
  • bsup68
    edited June 2015
    well on lower lvl toons i usual sell the pots for coins, as a small extra income, as one gets free charms to lvl 60, and free hp/mp stuff rewards from quests, and lower lvl pots isn't usefull on higher lvls imo.

My points is more that what else have been changed but not mentioned in patch notes and the fact that another drop gets price nerfed, probally because chinas bot problem and that it's easier to nerf their stuff, than fight the bot problem. It was the story when dq got nerfed and to fix the gold prices, the gold prices there on RT still is hovering around 3 mill. coins each gold(looked a few days ago)
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Items
    *Nirvana Talismans have been removed from the game. They are no longer required for quests, and quests that awarded them have had their other rewards increased slightly.

This is fine, no one uses mirages or subs any more anyways...
    edited June 2015
    Items
    *Nirvana Talismans have been removed from the game. They are no longer required for quests, and quests that awarded them have had their other rewards increased slightly.

This is fine, no one uses mirages or subs any more anyways...

By what magic do you open Warsong or TT then? Do tell.
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If you are not autobot, then you not need to sell potions.

You can use them.

This isn't true, during low level bhs there are a lot of pots coming out of those tickets, on a bh 69 I could get up to 100 pots from all the bosses. Naturally, I don't use those, as the pots from divine messengers are far superior, and since nothing that dropped from bosses was worth much, the pots were actually a way to cover repairs.
    Pot drops are almost always under leveled to your character, and when they aren't they are of lower quality compared to divine pots or the new stuff you get from events or sign ins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2015
    This isn't true, during low level bhs there are a lot of pots coming out of those tickets, on a bh 69 I could get up to 100 pots from all the bosses. Naturally, I don't use those, as the pots from divine messengers are far superior, and since nothing that dropped from bosses was worth much, the pots were actually a way to cover repairs.
    Pot drops are almost always under leveled to your character, and when they aren't they are of lower quality compared to divine pots or the new stuff you get from events or sign ins.

What's not true? I was talking about decomposing gear for chi stones rather than npc'ing the gear, which the return in coin is greater. What you quoted from me had nothing to do with pots.
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What's not true? I was talking about decomposing gear for chi stones rather than npc'ing the gear, which the return in coin is greater. What you quoted from me had nothing to do with pots.

Well that's really weird, I had quoted Toliman (it was him, I checked afterwards, I didn't misquote) with him saying that pots are to be used by your own character, but then he edited it out completely, so my quote changed to the next one, which was yours.
    Edit: changed my original post to reflect this; still unsure what prompted the change initially.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirkura - Lost City
    Sirkura - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Some classes are too slow to be as EVERYONE.

For example, Wizards have too slow channeling of the skills.

Since you, Sirkura, not know it, then I post this message.

Welcome to pwi, newbie.

I'm not new, i''ve been playing since beta, have a lvl 102 veno on raging tides. forums are just **** on the avatars, so couldn't select my main.

This isn't anything new, you can get attack/def charms from morai and a few other places. most the top players in PK factions already use them. granted these are stronger, but its not that much different. now its just not exclusive towards end game. i don't wanna hear about wizard channeling when they get an instant channel skill (essential sutra). veno has none. i'd still take my 10 second cool down to survive another hit. Even if the attacks aren't as fast most casters hit harder then melee.
  • Ftelia - Dreamweaver
    Ftelia - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    SweetieBot find manual patch please
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015

We haven't had manual patches in a loooooooong time. China stopped sending them.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The latest manual patch is here: Patch 816-817
    This is the newest one that's officially listed and I don't see anything newer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• kanzaki3
    kanzaki3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't know if it is because of this patch but the game kick me and know I can't log in only receive the message.

"The login server is busy. Please try again"
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm not new, i''ve been playing since beta, have a lvl 102 veno on raging tides. forums are just **** on the avatars, so couldn't select my main.

This isn't anything new, you can get attack/def charms from morai and a few other places. most the top players in PK factions already use them. granted these are stronger, but its not that much different. now its just not exclusive towards end game. i don't wanna hear about wizard channeling when they get an instant channel skill (essential sutra). veno has none. i'd still take my 10 second cool down to survive another hit. Even if the attacks aren't as fast most casters hit harder then melee.

rofl classic NA drater
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Some classes are too slow to be as EVERYONE.

For example, Wizards have too slow channeling of the skills.

Since you, Sirkura, not know it, then I post this message.

Welcome to pwi, newbie.

oh dear god not this again.
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2015

It is something I knew would eventually come.
    With their implemented bot system, pots were the only thing left that were worth while to pick up as they stack very high.
    The game is slowly leaning to making players either quit, or put money into the game.
    Soon, TT drops will be nerfed or untradable. If the players can make money off of drops, PWE will at some point lessen its value, even if it means killing events or instances.

Nirvana - useless, killed by nation wars.
    Botting - useless unless for xp
    COA Event - Id bet money less then 10 players do it on Harshlands. Its good xp for lowbies or reborns. book pages are more easily obtained with FSP
    Tournament event - Same as above. Less then 5 people attended the super heavey weight one last week, and about the same for light heavyweight. book pages are more easily obtained with FSP
    Now it seems that low BHs are useless because the repair costs for lowbies (if you can find a squad) wont be covered by drops.

They try to get new people into the game, but they keep doing stuff like this, players soon realize how free to play this game isnt and leave.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    avs33fan wrote: »
    It is something I knew would eventually come.
    With their implemented bot system, pots were the only thing left that were worth while to pick up as they stack very high.
    The game is slowly leaning to making players either quit, or put money into the game.
    Soon, TT drops will be nerfed or untradable. If the players can make money off of drops, PWE will at some point lessen its value, even if it means killing events or instances.

Nirvana - useless, killed by nation wars.
    Botting - useless unless for xp
    COA Event - Id bet money less then 10 players do it on Harshlands. Its good xp for lowbies or reborns. book pages are more easily obtained with FSP
    Tournament event - Same as above. Less then 5 people attended the super heavey weight one last week, and about the same for light heavyweight. book pages are more easily obtained with FSP
    Now it seems that low BHs are useless because the repair costs for lowbies (if you can find a squad) wont be covered by drops.

They try to get new people into the game, but they keep doing stuff like this, players soon realize how free to play this game isnt and leave.

They will never nerf TT and why should they? Their is no logical reason behind it whilst it was crystal clear that they will remove/nerf anything that can be used to generate coins on the server. TT-Mats and the likes dont generate coins on the server. The value of the items itself is already nearly 0. If you sell such mats...tell me. How do people pay for them? With Charging the money ofc. So TT-Farmers like myself have always made a huge positive influence on this game from the PoV of PWE. Farmers give people a reason to cash in this way. You are comparing 2 completel different things.

Why should people get something for free? I mean did somebody farm pots/dqs before the bot system was implemented? NO!!! (1 or 2 exceptions do not count as there was no friggin plausible reason to farm this **** before cept DQs ofc for Rewards)

Personally...letting a character bot for a whole week to gain around 2m coins on pots is...let's say redicolous at least. 2m is nothing. Like really nothing. Lile throwing away 1 c in rl. Why would anyone waste time/energy on that? It is good that way. Either Farm for real, cash or quit. All 3 are very good options.

And just to give you an expression on how well you can farm in this game today if you got a slight clue about it. I dont even consider 100m to be alot of money. A lot of money starts at 1b.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They will never nerf TT and why should they? Their is no logical reason behind it whilst it was crystal clear that they will remove/nerf anything that can be used to generate coins on the server. TT-Mats and the likes dont generate coins on the server. The value of the items itself is already nearly 0. If you sell such mats...tell me. How do people pay for them? With Charging the money ofc. So TT-Farmers like myself have always made a huge positive influence on this game from the PoV of PWE. Farmers give people a reason to cash in this way. You are comparing 2 completel different things.
    Except it's not PWE's decision, if china decides to somehow put a plug in TT's ***, PWE can't do a thing about it. So your entire statement about this is moot. There was no logical reason to kill off nirvana the way they did. Why would they not do the same thing eventually with TT? It's just that at this moment mats can be crafted with chips for a way too high price. The same happened with Warsoul materials.

Why should people get something for free? I mean did somebody farm pots/dqs before the bot system was implemented? NO!!! (1 or 2 exceptions do not count as there was no friggin plausible reason to farm this **** before cept DQs ofc for Rewards)
    Lol, you think all these years without PWI's ingame bot, people were actually farming without a bot? Kekkest of keks.

Personally...letting a character bot for a whole week to gain around 2m coins on pots is...let's say redicolous at least. 2m is nothing. Like really nothing. Lile throwing away 1 c in rl. Why would anyone waste time/energy on that? It is good that way. Either Farm for real, cash or quit. All 3 are very good options.
    Technically, you are not wasting time, you're capable of doing other stuff while you let it but, it only takes electricity. You are in no position to say how one should play because "STOP PLAYING THE WAY I DONT WANT TO PLAY", it's childish.

And just to give you an expression on how well you can farm in this game today if you got a slight clue about it. I dont even consider 100m to be alot of money. A lot of money starts at 1b.
    Again, your opinion, you're worse than a jehova's witness.
    tl;dr your arguments are moot and opinions.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • scruncy
    edited June 2015
    there you can see that Joe has no clue. I farmed around 4000 pots a day by botting .....
  • bsup68
    edited June 2015

Well before the Jones money quests and the first nerf on the lower DQ(not banker DG) I farmed for dq and other drops to earn some extra coins on my lower lvls, and on my higher lvl chars it was a nice extra income to cover repairs and generate a few extra coins when helping fac members.

and plz don't note the join date on my stoneface avatar - can't use my main without getting errors :(
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited June 2015
    scruncy wrote: »
    there you can see that Joe has no clue. I farmed around 4000 pots a day by botting .....

And then we wondering, why they removed price from potions in drop ...
  • scruncy
    edited June 2015
    And then we wondering, why they removed price from potions in drop ...

ofc, pwi became sooo scared that all people start this and nobody will charge anymore.
    or what are you trying to say ?