Patch Notes discussion

zoner112012
zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Surtr wrote: »
PWI Patch Notes v855 - Released June 2nd, 2015

New Features
*You can now socket amulets and belts at the PW Boutique Agent using Accessory Socket Stones.

User Interface
*The UI now shows who your currently-selected target is targeting.
*You can now arrange your Wardrobe by item slot. You can also equip fashion directly from the Wardrobe by double-clicking it.
*Fixed a bug that was preventing the second page of the Pet Bag from being displayed.
*Removed an unused, unmovable UI element that sometimes appeared near the map.

Items
*Nirvana Talismans have been removed from the game. They are no longer required for quests, and quests that awarded them have had their other rewards increased slightly.
*Auto-Recovery Stones will now wait for Charms to activate before using potions.
*Increased Max Magic Attack is no longer a possible stat for Dominator's Hammer and Dominator's Hammer: Eon. It has been replaced by Increased Max Physical Attack.
*Players who have increased their inventory to 60 with a Super Inventory Stone can now increase it to 80 with a second Super Inventory Stone.
*Players who have increased their Pet Bag to 10 with a Super Cage can now increase it to 20 with a second Super Cage.
*The Demon Snowstorm book now properly lists the class requirement as Stormbringer.

Quests
*A new title quest has been added in Wellspring Village.
*The Level 100 Bounty quest to kill Aurogon now awards 60 Mirage Celestones, up from 55.

Skills
*Duskblade combo skills are no longer interrupted by using Genie skills.

Localization
*Updated several fashion, flyer, and mount names for consistency; flyers and mounts with the same graphic should now have the same name.
*Miscellaneous grammar fixes.

Part one: So now our auto pots don't work when we set them to work? What is the point of them then? This is a really bad idea. I pay money into the game for my auto pot and they decide they are TOO op or something so they change it? This is ridiculous. Also this needs a lot of clarification. Does this mean that auto pot wont kick on at all until your charm ticks at least once? Or does it mean if you have your pots set to work below 50% that they won't start using pots unless your charm is on cooldown? We really need clarification on this surtr

Part two: So you are telling me that if you previously bought the item that says it gives us the MAX INVENTORY OR CAGE SLOTS that we now have to CS for more inventory or cage slots? If people bought the max size already and you changed it I would think you should automatically give those people the new max size. I mean I could be wrong but the item specifically stated it gives the max bag size and that is what i paid PWE for.

What are your thoughts on those points or any other part of the patch notes?
ln5aR6B.jpg
Post edited by zoner112012 on

Comments

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    From 64 to 80 slots costing a whole fking super stone is crazy. 16 slots is 3g on sale using 2 singles.... 4.5g using super stone... Besides weren't those removed? I guess they are being put back... nothing about that in the notes..... Hope they mean singles and not supers.

Cage will take you from 10 to 20 so makes sense on a whole super cage.
  • zoner112012
    edited June 2015
    From 64 to 80 slots costing a whole fking super stone is crazy. 16 slots is 3g on sale using 2 singles.... 4.5g using super stone... Besides weren't those removed? I guess they are being put back... nothing about that in the notes..... Hope they mean singles and not supers.

Cage will take you from 10 to 20 so makes sense on a whole super cage.

Either way my argument is that players that bought the Super versions of them already PAID for the max sizes, which means when they change the max size that we should automatically get it because that's what we paid for. Not that buying 2 gold is really hard but PWE removed the smaller zen charging options and I am sure not everyone is willing to just put $10-20 in game just for inventory size.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Im not really a fan of digging stuff so im not sure what the next cheapest way for me to get subs will be if the talismons are gone. Seems like im going to need to do work just to go do work for coin now b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zoner112012
    edited June 2015
    Im not really a fan of digging stuff so im not sure what the next cheapest way for me to get subs will be if the talismons are gone. Seems like im going to need to do work just to go do work for coin now b:laugh

on a side note....TZoner just got rich xD
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    on a side note....TZoner just got rich xD

Dont even make that joke, i cant find any sub shops out west, were selling em for 10k yesterday, also why are we talking on here, i could just pm you in game derp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aragom_ - Archosaur
    Aragom_ - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Not worried about Subs, have 3,248
    Now I know why I just sold a bunch, people buying cheep before the price skyrockets b:chuckle
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    the change of the behaviour of the Auto-Recovery Stone is a nerf to clerics. currently most pvp clerics probably have their mp activation set way ahead of a possible charm-tick to ensure that plumeshelll won't suddenly drop after a sin lands few zerkcrits in row. now the pot wont be activated till the charm ticks. in certain situations the cleric will die now, where they wouldn't have before.

this affects hp charms, too. but why do they do this? no one ever even remotely mentioned that something might be wrong with the auto-recover behaviour! i will tell you why; because those management ****ers want to sell more charms. they don't intend to nerf clerics, that is just the usual greed collateral damage. they just ralized that people with Auto-Recovery Stones circumvent charm ticks alltogether in pve by setting the auto-recovery to use a free "Chi Poultice of Death" way before a mp-charm tick (or a free "Limb Poultice of Death" before a hp-charm tick).
    pwi managment: "let us not balance game, let us not fix glitches, let us not upgrade servers or the connection of those. lets find way to **** over ppl for money even more."

and it comes not as a surprise that the old socket stones (at least 2 types of same item filling up inventory) can NOT be used to add sockets so belts and neck... for the same reason..
    managment: "gibe monies huehue."

in summary stop giving them money!
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    the change of the behaviour of the Auto-Recovery Stone is a nerf to clerics. currently most pvp clerics probably have their mp activation set way ahead of a possible charm-tick to ensure that plumeshelll won't suddenly drop after a sin lands few zerkcrits in row. now the pot wont be activated till the charm ticks. in certain situations the cleric will die now, where they wouldn't have before.

this affects hp charms, too. but why do they do this? no one ever even remotely mentioned that something might be wrong with the auto-recover behaviour! i will tell you why; because those management ****ers want to sell more charms. they don't intend to nerf clerics, that is just the usual greed collateral damage. they just ralized that people with Auto-Recovery Stones circumvent charm ticks alltogether in pve by setting the auto-recovery to use a free "Chi Poultice of Death" way before a mp-charm tick (or a free "Limb Poultice of Death" before a hp-charm tick).
    pwi managment: "let us not balance game, let us not fix glitches, let us not upgrade servers or the connection of those. lets find way to **** over ppl for money even more."

and it comes not as a surprise that the old socket stones (at least 3 types of same item filling up inventory) can NOT be used to add sockets suddenly. for the same reason. br managment: gibe monies huehue.

in summary stop giving them money!
    OPKossy wrote: »
    You're aware that everything except the localization changes in the patch comes from China, right? b:sweat
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited June 2015
    i am fully aware of that. i am aware that complaining about anything on forums, via tickets, via phone call has absolutely ZERO effect. pwi is utterly impotent. china makes decisions, not a mod, gm, cm, or whoever in pwi. the only message the people in charge would register is: money.

i am merely explaining the reasoning for the (greedy) change (while adding some discontent for it). b:cute

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It hakes 4 inventory stones to get from 32 to 64 inventory slots.
    It takes 5 inventory stones (2 for 64 to 72, 3 for 72 to 80) to get from 64 to 80, so using a super inventory stone is still a better bargain than inventory stones.

And if you'd kept up on the nw patch in China discussion, you would have known this. Almost everything in the new patch was known (I don't think the change in autopot was known, though.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You guys keep talking about following china,Yet no sex change stone.....

China had sex change stone and faction name change stone at 1/27

we are now at 6/3 yet none of these came to our version......
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • opkossy
    edited June 2015
    i am fully aware of that. i am aware that complaining about anything on forums, via tickets, via phone call has absolutely ZERO effect. pwi is utterly impotent. china makes decisions, not a mod, gm, cm, or whoever in pwi. the only message the people in charge would register is: money.

i am merely explaining the reasoning for the (greedy) change (while adding some discontent for it). b:cute

If PWE called the shots, I'd be inclined to agree somewhat more. As is? And considering that over in China Perfect World is kicking ***, quite popular, and doing incredibly well for itself?

Yeah I'm gonna have to assume the usual "DEY JUST WANT TEH MONIEZ LOL!" posts are full of it at the moment. That and I wanna see for myself exactly how the change to the stones work. As is, I'm not a fan of it in the slightest and likely won't bother with them anymore. But if the description in the patch notes is misleading and it's more like they fixed it to not fire off after a charm's ticked (IE: how people would have apoth wasted in NW because they'd die, auto-pot kicks in, and then charm ticks) then I'd be totally fine with it and pretty happy, all things considered.
    You guys keep talking about following china,Yet no sex change stone.....

China had sex change stone and faction name change stone at 1/27

we are now at 6/3 yet none of these came to our version......
    Our updates always come a few months behind China. What you're complaining about is literally par the course and to be expected.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think the ticking/auto pot will apply if you have a charm on. Kind of like how some items are used first in inventory. I think with no charms equipped, works as before.
  • evilsmakers
    edited June 2015
    Few months? its been 4 months alrdy unless you mean half year,then its another story b:surrender
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • Eolos - Raging Tide
    Eolos - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "*Auto-Recovery Stones will now wait for Charms to activate before using potions."

This is a **** measure to all classes, what if player does not have charm?

If it ticks the charm every time before pot use why do we need the stone then? we can manually activate the pot and that's it..

For auto complete quests? lol it helps but it is not a must have...most likely you will see a sales drop on the item

Keep getting greedy cause game on this side is surely kicking ***.... Good job
  • opkossy
    edited June 2015
    Few months? its been 4 months alrdy unless you mean half year,then its another story b:surrender
    You... are you new here? b:surrender

I don't mean to seem insulting, it's just I'd assumed that everyone who talks about things coming from CN knows about the typical gap between China having something and us getting it by now.
    It hakes 4 inventory stones to get from 32 to 64 inventory slots.
    It takes 5 inventory stones (2 for 64 to 72, 3 for 72 to 80) to get from 64 to 80, so using a super inventory stone is still a better bargain than inventory stones.

And if you'd kept up on the nw patch in China discussion, you would have known this. Almost everything in the new patch was known (I don't think the change in autopot was known, though.)
    Yeah you're right. Only thing left to worry about is auto-pot.
  • evilsmakers
    edited June 2015

I don't mean to seem insulting, it's just I'd assumed that everyone who talks about things coming from CN knows about the typical gap between China having something and us getting it by now.

ya i am new,i saw you writting FEW MONTHS,didn't thought it means 1-2 years my badb:surrender
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    they should remove nirvana...and dq items quest and npcs ...just a waste of memory
  • zoner112012
    edited June 2015

It would be great if a GM would clarify about the auto pot....can't a mod inform a GM we NEED clarification...or do they also not know? Lol
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • opkossy
    edited June 2015
    It would be great if a GM would clarify about the auto pot....can't a mod inform a GM we NEED clarification...or do they also not know? Lol

Surtr clarified twice in the maint thread since we were discussing the patch notes there anyways. b:chuckle
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Lot's of good changes, nothing but complaining.

For the record, if you paid to get 64 bag slots you paid to get 64 bag slots. Same goes for the pet cage. You got what you paid for.

Personally I don't use auto recovery stones, always burned my defense charms fighting against scrubs. All its good for is wasting cash and active points.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
    edited June 2015
    hmm patch notes have been changed. now it reads:

*If a Charm and an Auto-Recovery Stone are both triggered at once, the Charm's activation will take precedence over potion use

so maybe there is no reason to QQ, yet. b:chuckle

• duckclux
    duckclux Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Anyone got the %'s for the new pack though with the strange (what I assume accessory stones) and medal of glorys in it ?
  • zoner112012
    edited June 2015
    Lot's of good changes, nothing but complaining.

For the record, if you paid to get 64 bag slots you paid to get 64 bag slots. Same goes for the pet cage. You got what you paid for.

Personally I don't use auto recovery stones, always burned my defense charms fighting against scrubs. All its good for is wasting cash and active points.

That's where you're wrong. People paid for max slots not for a set amont. the description of the item says max not a number.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Finally! They finally made Auto-Pots useless. Anyone that has at least a little fixiation on Skill will agree that this is wonderful.

Awww...now you have to actually click your def charms or die...man...so sad if you are a ****, unskilled moron that can't pull that off. Really sad. Indeed. Guess I'll be dominating PvP on my Server even more starting from tomorrow cause truth be told. 99% of the active PvPers is UNABLE to click the friggin Def charms and thus die by it from now on. Many, many times.

<33333333333 b:dirty

EDIT: NVM, just seens the clarification. FFS. No one needs the F'ing Autopot. PWI give those nubs a chance to show skill. just friggin once. And there I was all hyped. **** this, I'm off to bed!
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • opkossy
    edited June 2015
    Lol nevermind. :P
  • zoner112012
    edited June 2015
    Finally! They finally made Auto-Pots useless. Anyone that has at least a little fixiation on Skill will agree that this is wonderful.

Awww...now you have to actually click your def charms or die...man...so sad if you are a ****, unskilled moron that can't pull that off. Really sad. Indeed. Guess I'll be dominating PvP on my Server even more starting from tomorrow cause truth be told. 99% of the active PvPers is UNABLE to click the friggin Def charms and thus die by it from now on. Many, many times.

<33333333333 b:dirty

EDIT: NVM, just seens the clarification. FFS. No one needs the F'ing Autopot. PWI give those nubs a chance to show skill. just friggin once. And there I was all hyped. **** this, I'm off to bed!

I lack to see how its useless since it just allows charm tick to come before pot use....which is easily bypassed.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2015
    That's where you're wrong. People paid for max slots not for a set amont. the description of the item says max not a number.

The item description said 64 slots. Proof

And let's say it didn't say 64 slots. It still said MAXIMUM. The max at the time was 64, when you got it you were getting it so you could get the 64. Either way you got what you paid for so even if your argument was true it would still be invalid. Now it's expanded, it's like complaining you have the iphone 4 when the iphone 5 came out. A change happened and you've got to suck it up and deal with it instead of complaining about it, change happens.

Let's still even say that it's still wrong. You did not pay for the extended bag, you paid for Zen and you got the Zen. The Zen was converted into god, but once you get that Zen PWI can legitimately say "**** you and your desires, we have your cash now." Again, you got what you paid for no matter what.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • zoner112012
    edited June 2015
    The item description said 64 slots. Proof

And let's say it didn't say 64 slots. It still said MAXIMUM. The max at the time was 64, when you got it you were getting it so you could get the 64. Either way you got what you paid for so even if your argument was true it would still be invalid. Now it's expanded, it's like complaining you have the iphone 4 when the iphone 5 came out. A change happened and you've got to suck it up and deal with it instead of complaining about it, change happens.

Let's still even say that it's still wrong. You did not pay for the extended bag, you paid for Zen and you got the Zen. The Zen was converted into god, but once you get that Zen PWI can legitimately say "**** you and your desires, we have your cash now." Again, you got what you paid for no matter what.

So basically you're saying its new DL content you HAVE to pay for. Lol great....its still lame that we couldn't increase our bag size and had to wait so long for them to fix a bug so we COULD get the new max size.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2015
    So basically you're saying its new DL content you HAVE to pay for. Lol great....its still lame that we couldn't increase our bag size and had to wait so long for them to fix a bug so we COULD get the new max size.

Or you can buy gold in game. Like me. Haven't CSed in over 2 years.