Whats this Gear Protection pop-up

MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Okay so I just tried this on two chars. As a sideline, I have never used a bank/safe code to protect my gears before.

I logged into my sin to go farm some nuema and went in 79. At Styg I tried to swap to bow for some runner mobs. Upon clicking my bow, a pop up box appeared on my screen called Gear Protection and in red writing on the box it says "For your protection, gear slots and wardrobe will be locked each time you log in" and under that it says "Enter Safe Code Password:

Now as I said, I have never used a safe code, so I assumed it was some new protection mechanic. So I just put in a random password. Twice it says "invalid password" Now Im not going to try a third one because in the world of passwords, 3 fails is often a disaster. I then logged into my cleric and tried swapping wands with the same result. This time I tried the actual log in password. Again it says "Invalid password"

Ive never changed my SL, so it was a minute like it always is and it wasnt active on either char at the time.

Does anyone know whats going on.

EDIT - DISREGARD - I closed and re opened the client and it doesnt happen anymore....it was weird but.....
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• Minivamp - Archosaur
    Minivamp - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've read this somewhere before..... It is an old glitch or something lol.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    When this pops up without you using a bank password, yes its not intended and probably a bug of some sort.

When you use a bank password, its totaly normal and you have to type your bank password and everything is fine.
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide
    Kittysama - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If you haven't set a bank safe code, just press "Done". Nothing ish teh answer to nothing. <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kitty's finally posting again as Kittysama after long break caused by avatar-bug(now fixed).
    Leader and all other members of Kitty-faction(a.k.a. Kittyarmy, greater than your blacklist)!

Kitty ish most unfortunate Kitty in Perfect World.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ever tried the 0 ping/server error when you just log in? Where you can't move or do anything but chat (untill some time passed) That error makes the gear protection pop up too. Also it makes you unable to get quests that pop up automatically. (Forexample roll call, and FSP quest).
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ever tried the 0 ping/server error when you just log in? Where you can't move or do anything but chat (untill some time passed) That error makes the gear protection pop up too. Also it makes you unable to get quests that pop up automatically. (Forexample roll call, and FSP quest).

Yeah its weird, in 6 years I never saw that one, until 3 weeks ago when I bought a new computer. For the first time, I'm also getting a teleport glitch in TT. This one is really weird. I cant teleport from the foyer into the actual tt instance, yet when I log out then back in, I go in the instance, dont get a timer, the other squad members are running around me, and the leader can just invite me back into the squad.
  • Enthana - Heavens Tear
    Enthana - Heavens Tear Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Both the pin lock glitch and the tt glitch you described happens all the time to my hubby whenever he logs in with an server error, if you get server error when you log in to the game u have to relog your toon to be able to use the port inside instances such as tt/aeu. We also noticed he only get server error when he logs in to the game on the open map, never inside instances. Always when he done gaming for the day he park hes toon inside RoR so he doesn't get the server error the next time he log in to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]