dimaborisov05
dimaborisov05 Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Arigora Colosseum
Post edited by dimaborisov05 on

Comments

• Kittysama - Raging Tide
    Kittysama - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If there's a BM nearby, probably DB by HF'd zerkcrit.

Tbh your comparison isn't viable on PWI as we don't have Serenitys or Devil Stones. Nor 110 attack level r9rr-weapons.

To Kitty's eye those looked like some kinda private builds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kitty's finally posting again as Kittysama after long break caused by avatar-bug(now fixed).
    Leader and all other members of Kitty-faction(a.k.a. Kittyarmy, greater than your blacklist)!

Kitty ish most unfortunate Kitty in Perfect World.
  • dimaborisov05
    edited May 2015
    If there's a BM nearby, probably DB by HF'd zerkcrit.

Tbh your comparison isn't viable on PWI as we don't have Serenitys or Devil Stones. Nor 110 attack level r9rr-weapons.

To Kitty's eye those looked like some kinda private builds.
    in theory pvp between build sb vs build db !
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    S+ card set.... I laughed pretty hard.

The one that wins is the one that knows what they're doing better. You're using a fantasy build that's completely impossible so any attempts to make judgements based on what we currently have is a meaningless effort and waste of time at best.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited May 2015

A dusk should always win over a storm on equal gears..at least on endgame. It is very very hard to counter the paralyze lock from a great DB (ofc if he sucks and cant keep the lock in tact he will go down easy) but even if they fail...they have quite some non-genie options to protect themselves while regaining chi/resetting CDs and start all over again.

Personally I can say it will ultimately depend on skill...but thinking about equally skilled ppl fighting against each other I highly believe that duskblades will wreck any caster cept for maybe psys (due to SoS ofc but Will Surge helps). Don't forget about the extreme DMG ohtput dusks are capable of. Judging from what I've seen I can say that the dmg is on par with sin's. A full deity dusk should easily out dd a sin on the average player where 40 attack level wont make much of a dif. simply because they end up having nearly 50k pattack while compareable sins end up at 38k.

How can you survive this as a caster with your genie on CD and while being permanently paralyzed? Dont forget the up to 9 sec disarm...its just crazy. Are DBs stronger than Storms? No. Storms can also excel in mass pvp...dusks cant cept for their very nice buff. Dusks also have alot of trouble vs HA-Targets and sins but have easy game on caster/archer. Storms have it very easy vs HA targets but they can also easily take on Sins/archer and most caster as well. So in terms of general competition SBs are still far above Dusks cept whrn they are facing dusks :p There are some tricks and possibilities for SBs to kill a dusk and counter the paralyze..but it is very very hard.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    S+ card set.... I laughed pretty hard.

The one that wins is the one that knows what they're doing better. You're using a fantasy build that's completely impossible so any attempts to make judgements based on what we currently have is a meaningless effort and waste of time at best.

We dont have S+ cards? But.. but I wanted to make that setb:cry
    How many years you think would have take to get all?b:chuckle
    giphy.gif

• Joe - Morai
    edited May 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The one that wins is the one that knows what they're doing better.

Not quite in this case. DBs have the extreme upperhand in a 1on1 vs storms. Ofc I could and can beat equally geared dusks...but if so then it isnt because I'm such an amazing player..no no. It is because most can't play their class decently. The effort you need as a storm to kill a skilled DB is heavy...on the other hand it is quite easy for the dusk to kill the storm.

This applies to most caster vs dusk as long as they don't include a anti-paralyze genie skill and even then...if it would just remove one...another would follow in terms of dusks especially since most of their paras are really short. With a skill like Will Surge for paralyze...dusks wohld instantly become non-factors in any scenario. But there is no such skill :p maling them very lethal to caster in a 1on1.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Not quite in this case. DBs have the extreme upperhand in a 1on1 vs storms. Ofc I could and can beat equally geared dusks...but if so then it isnt because I'm such an amazing player..no no. It is because most can't play their class decently. The effort you need as a storm to kill a skilled DB is heavy...on the other hand it is quite easy for the dusk to kill the storm.

This applies to most caster vs dusk as long as they don't include a anti-paralyze genie skill and even then...if it would just remove one...another would follow in terms of dusks especially since most of their paras are really short. With a skill like Will Surge for paralyze...dusks wohld instantly become non-factors in any scenario. But there is no such skill :p maling them very lethal to caster in a 1on1.

So basically the same as early sins then where the half decent ones are an issue but the vast majority can't play worth a damn and wound up as very much killable even though there was no class at the time that they should have actually lost to when played properly. Like I said, the one that knows what they're doing better wins. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fix cross server PVP - I want to fight JOE so badly!!!!

O\_/O

Edit: Joe I put Will surge on my genie and now I can wrek endgame psychics it was the FIX I was looking for.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Joe - Morai
    edited May 2015
    tek1nig wrote: »
    Fix cross server PVP - I want to fight JOE so badly!!!!

O\_/O

Edit: Joe I put Will surge on my genie and now I can wrek endgame psychics it was the FIX I was looking for.

Ya. I believe that pretty much. Got my own little dusk now (just g16 full +7, B-set, Astral Sky 3 so not really a factor so far) and what they can do to single targets isnt funny anymore. After testing out this and that I can surely say that I prefer demon alot over sage tho. Faster, longer Skills and CCs. Hell even the 15 att lvl buff is amazing. You just got a lil Chi management problem...but thats ok if you start with full chi and are not spamming Dragon Trap on CD.

I wont r9 it tho. I dont r9 chars without decent cards...getting a thrid set of Six Candleflames would totally kill me. Seriously. DBs are so much fun to play tho and their DDing power is incredible. No caster, LA class (cept sins) can tank Dusks DMG. I wouldnt have high chances winning against your dusk as that is nearly impossible. I could escape a lock once due to genie or maybe twice with a lucky purify proc...but when I get the chance to attack you could just stealth/shroud paralock afterwards and during the time I couls get out of the lock most of the dusks defensive skills will be out of CD again. Not even talking about genie...tho i think I would fear demon dusks more at the beginning of a fight. Maybe that'll be different on long term fights...but as long as a demon got chi they got clearly the upperhand, no?
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ya. I believe that pretty much. Got my own little dusk now (just g16 full +7, B-set, Astral Sky 3 so not really a factor so far) and what they can do to single targets isnt funny anymore. After testing out this and that I can surely say that I prefer demon alot over sage tho. Faster, longer Skills and CCs. Hell even the 15 att lvl buff is amazing. You just got a lil Chi management problem...but thats ok if you start with full chi and are not spamming Dragon Trap on CD.

I wont r9 it tho. I dont r9 chars without decent cards...getting a thrid set of Six Candleflames would totally kill me. Seriously. DBs are so much fun to play tho and their DDing power is incredible. No caster, LA class (cept sins) can tank Dusks DMG. I wouldnt have high chances winning against your dusk as that is nearly impossible. I could escape a lock once due to genie or maybe twice with a lucky purify proc...but when I get the chance to attack you could just stealth/shroud paralock afterwards and during the time I couls get out of the lock most of the dusks defensive skills will be out of CD again. Not even talking about genie...tho i think I would fear demon dusks more at the beginning of a fight. Maybe that'll be different on long term fights...but as long as a demon got chi they got clearly the upperhand, no?

I agree Db do have a long CC lock.. Even if you manage to break away, when you try to control them there genie to save them or that instant stealth cloud skill... By time they get out their CD's are basically ready to repeat same thing when your genie is still charging up.. I could be wrong but that what i have seen 1v1ing them..

They remind me of sins but difference is you can break a sin combo with out full lost of genie energy. And for a sin to try stealth they gotta channel abit to cast stealth.

Not to send the thread offcourse, but i feel that BM skill star smite should never miss.. What is the sense of trying to lower a LA class evasion when the skill misses itself on a regular
    Bahamas represent
  • Joe - Morai
    edited May 2015
    I agree Db do have a long CC lock.. Even if you manage to break away, when you try to control them there genie to save them or that instant stealth cloud skill... By time they get out their CD's are basically ready to repeat same thing when your genie is still charging up.. I could be wrong but that what i have seen 1v1ing them..

They remind me of sins but difference is you can break a sin combo with out full lost of genie energy. And for a sin to try stealth they gotta channel abit to cast stealth.

Not to send the thread offcourse, but i feel that BM skill star smite should never miss.. What is the sense of trying to lower a LA class evasion when the skill misses itself on a regular

BMs used to be my main/favorite class a few years ago. If you ask me then I think that BMs would deserve a primal upgrad of 50% of their skills making them "Cannot miss" skills. BMs low accu gets really frustrating while fighting sins and the like. Miss miss miss miss miss miss miss hit miss miss miss...you get the idea. Still BMs are incredible at mass pvp...so there are their main playgrounds.

VS a dusk it is really painful as a BM. ya. As any class I would say with the exception of overgeared psys...their soul of silence is the major issue for dusks. If the dusk can kill the psy within the 7 sec time frame of Will surge ok. but if he cant chances are that the psy will fight back..with genie on cd that could get problematic.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    BMs used to be my main/favorite class a few years ago. If you ask me then I think that BMs would deserve a primal upgrad of 50% of their skills making them "Cannot miss" skills. BMs low accu gets really frustrating while fighting sins and the like. Miss miss miss miss miss miss miss hit miss miss miss...you get the idea. Still BMs are incredible at mass pvp...so there are their main playgrounds.

VS a dusk it is really painful as a BM. ya. As any class I would say with the exception of overgeared psys...their soul of silence is the major issue for dusks. If the dusk can kill the psy within the 7 sec time frame of Will surge ok. but if he cant chances are that the psy will fight back..with genie on cd that could get problematic.

Haha @ miss miss, but yea i get the idea... What so annoying is you land a roar target uses badge but fails, ok his/her genie lil low right now let me decrease evasion before i dragon rising.. **** the skill miss, ok be cool you might get lucky an land dragon rising... NUUUUUUUU IT MISSED TOb:angryb:angry

Don't get me wrong now the chi gain from star smite is nice, but there are those times when your really depending for the debuff..

Because at that time you already know the target genie is still charging after a failed badge, and you want to go in for the kill decrease evasion-dragon rising-HF an hope for some big hits
    Bahamas represent
  • dimaborisov05
    edited May 2015
    I don't understand ... what are the odds sb will win db ? 50|50 ?40|60 ?30|70 ? If sb mega PRO. and db too !
  • Deathpsyme - Archosaur
    Deathpsyme - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why you asking all of these?
  • dimaborisov05
    edited May 2015
    Why you asking all of these?

can't choose one to start playing
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    can't choose one to start playing

I think is stupid to choose the one who is ''better'' against the other.
    Choose the one you like to play the most.
    If a stormbringer can defeat a duskblade doesnt mean that you choosing to play a stormbringer you will do the same.
    If a duskblade can defeat a stormbringer doesnt mean that you choosing to play a duskblade you will do the same.
    giphy.gif

• dimaborisov05
    edited May 2015
    I think is stupid to choose the one who is ''better'' against the other.
    Choose the one you like to play the most.
    If a stormbringer can defeat a duskblade doesnt mean that you choosing to play a stormbringer you will do the same.
    If a duskblade can defeat a stormbringer doesnt mean that you choosing to play a duskblade you will do the same.

I like sb and db !
    And PvP is the selection criteria !
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide
    Kittysama - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like sb and db !
    And PvP is the selection criteria !

How about you level them both to around 80 and test which class' playstyle you prefer?

And btw, a character ish only as skilled as the player playing it. If you don't know how to play it, it doesn't matter which class you are.

And according to Kitty's experiences with both classes, SB ish a bit easier class to play in PVP.
    DB might have lots of DD power and long CC-chains but DB isn't an easy class to play well. Actually most difficult, in Kitty's opinion(with lots of experience on them all).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kitty's finally posting again as Kittysama after long break caused by avatar-bug(now fixed).
    Leader and all other members of Kitty-faction(a.k.a. Kittyarmy, greater than your blacklist)!

Kitty ish most unfortunate Kitty in Perfect World.
  • dimaborisov05
    edited June 2015
    How about you level them both to around 80 and test which class' playstyle you prefer?

And btw, a character ish only as skilled as the player playing it. If you don't know how to play it, it doesn't matter which class you are.

And according to Kitty's experiences with both classes, SB ish a bit easier class to play in PVP.
    DB might have lots of DD power and long CC-chains but DB isn't an easy class to play well. Actually most difficult, in Kitty's opinion(with lots of experience on them all).

80 = 105 ? NO
    Db kill one skill Sb
    playstyle 80 = playstyle 105 ? NO

My selection criterion was not the complexity ( or prostate ) . My selection criterion was winning in PvP between Sb vs Db !
  • Joe - Morai
    edited June 2015
    Like I said before...in a direct fight between equally geared and skilled SB and DB then the DB will surely win unless being extremely unlucky. BUT. Storms will have it way way way easier fighting Melee and other LA classes while Dusks are pretty much Arcane single target killers. DBs are chanceless vs sins due to their resistance to debuffs.

Also in Mass PvP, e.g. TW, NW, aso...Storms have a huge advantage over dusks. That being purify Spell and a **** load of AOEs and some other tricks like churning vortex that, if used with the right timing and teamwork, can wreck hordes of enemies.

The overall better class for most scenarios is definitly the Stormbringer altho I love the dusk buff so I wouldnt reject them in my squad.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • dimaborisov05
    edited June 2015
    Like I said before...in a direct fight betqeen equally geared and skilled SB and DB the the DB will surely win unless being extremely unlucky. BUT. Storms will have it way way way easier fighting Melee and other LA classes while Dusks are pretty much Arcane single target killers. DBs are chanceless vs sins due to their resistance to debuffs.

Also in Mass PvP, e.g. TW, NW, aso...Storms have a huge advantage over dusks. That being purify Spell and a **** load of AOEs and some other tricks like churning vortex that, if used with the right timing and teamwork, can wreck hordes of enemies.

The overall better class for most scenarios is definitly the Stormbringer altho I love the dusk buff so I wouldnt reject them in my squad.

no no no, no mass PvP ... Only 1 vs 1 and only between Sb vs Db !
  • Joe - Morai
    edited June 2015
    no no no, no mass PvP ... Only 1 vs 1 and only between Sb vs Db !

Duskblade.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • dimaborisov05
    edited June 2015
    Duskblade.

100%?
    b:cry
  • Joe - Morai
    edited June 2015
    100%?
    b:cry

yap. Had just a few fights vs a dusk I outgear pretty bad. Once my genie is gone if he wasnt dead by then and I caught a paralyze I was surely dead. nothing I could do then.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2015
    yap. Had just a few fights vs a dusk I outgear pretty bad. Once my genie is gone if he wasnt dead by then and I caught a paralyze I was surely dead. nothing I could do then.

DB lock down do not have a very long cd
    Bahamas represent
  • dimaborisov05
    edited June 2015
    If antiparoliz impose on gin?
  • Joe - Morai
    edited June 2015
    If antiparoliz impose on gin?

What?!

If there would be a anti-paralyze skill...like a 7 sec one compareable to will surge..then dusks would be way easier to fight. Paralyze is their main strenght after all.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    psychic

#closethread
  • dimaborisov05
    edited June 2015