Official Annoucement on Territory War Map Resets Inside! (UPDATE NUMBER 3)

ovenusarmanio
ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Hey Guys,

So I was able to get a hold of
strumslinger, the community manager for Arc. He was able to talk to one of the product managers of PW on our behalf and Territory War's map reset will be happening sometime the week after next, POSSIBLY earlier. More information will be posted sometime early next week on a PW blog post with the OFFICIAL information. When that happens, I (or another mod) will edit this post to include the link.

Good Luck with these last few fights for the season. And may the odds be ever in your favor. b:mischievous

Edit: Per the maintenace thread, TW will not be reset this week.

edit 2:

Hi All,

Jumping in to give the official "Territory War Map reset will be going live with tomorrow's update" confirmation. A blog will go out tomorrow morning, but I wanted to make sure I updated this as it's still an active discussion.

In anticipation of another question that I know I'm going to get, I'm still playing as catch up CM for the time being (you may have seen me post here before and on the blog). I know we don't have a "full-time CM" right now as we're still in the process of finding one. I'll try to do a better job about poking my head in here as much as I can.

Alex

edit 3:
Just to follow up, we have a post up on the blog now: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9355543-pwi%3A-territory-wars-season-8-begins-today%21

I'm still hunting down information for season 6 and season 7 winners. Stay tuned.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• strumslinger
    strumslinger Posts: 550 admin
    edited May 2015
    I can confirm!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can confirm!

come by more often please
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2015
    come by more often please

Well, he's not actually our CM. b:chuckle

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    Well, he's not actually our CM. b:chuckle

He's still done more for this game than any other PWE staff member has in months.
    105-103-102

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    He's still done more for this game than any other PWE staff member has in months.
    Nah, Sutr has done quite a bit, but most of what they do is in the background.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    Nah, Sutr has done quite a bit, but most of what they do is in the background.

That's fair. It's just maddening to go as long as we have without any real word on anything the community has been asking.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What happens if 2 factions tie for 1st with the same amount of lands?
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    b:dirty thank you for the info guys always appreciated
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What about the TW rewards from last season? Are there any rewards for this season?
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, thank you for the (semi)(kinda not really) update on when tw reset will happen b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • DeadlyAlice - Dreamweaver
    DeadlyAlice - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ¨where my panda from last season if i dun get mah panda imma unleash the krakenb:angryb:angry
  • Cinder - Harshlands
    Cinder - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ¨where my panda from last season if i dun get mah panda imma unleash the krakenb:angryb:angry

Upon your decision to release the kraken, it will be mailed to you for release. Please stay online until it arrives. Kraken release mails take quite some time and may only be received by your alt who will be unable to use it.
  • bellaviv
    bellaviv Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So you want to tell us you will be restarting TW map before you even deal with rewards from the last one? Are you kidding me? Do your job for once normally.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    to the idiot above me
    I believe a Thank You is in order seeing as this CM is not our manager and is getting things done for us.

Thank you Mr. ARC CM
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    avs33fan wrote: »
    What about the TW rewards from last season? Are there any rewards for this season?

THIS

So we are gonna start a new TW season and PWI still hasn't given out TW rewards from the previous one. #PWILogic

To the idiot above me, why should we thank them for doing their job and finally resetting TW? Really? LOL
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    To the idiot above me, why should we thank them for doing their job and finally resetting TW? Really? LOL
    Managing PWI is not strumslinger's job. He has no responsibility over us and could have easily chosen to ignore our issues instead of trying to escalate them to the people who actually are responsible for PWI.

So getting on his case instead of giving appropriate thanks, and maybe politely inquiring about the state of the rewards from last season isn't going to help anyone. In fact, it's more likely to annoy him into not bothering to assist us as we'd come off as a bunch of ungrateful and whiny children. Instead of calling the person being logical an idiot, think about it for a second first.

Thanks for the extra effort, both of you!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bellaviv wrote: »
    So you want to tell us you will be restarting TW map before you even deal with rewards from the last one? Are you kidding me? Do your job for once normally.

ceremonial weapons that serve absolutely no purpose is that important to you? lol
    Here we go again....
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A Big THANK YOU to Strumslinger.
    I sincerely hope the map resets as it is supposed to in the timely manner which this thread states.

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to get this done for us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2015
    AFAIK, there will be more information about last season's rewards soon as well. But I don't know if information about that will be coming out as soon as the reset blog.

• Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i have a reasonable question, why don't the people who are actually in charge of pwi, like you know the people that can actually make stuff happen and call china (obviously higher than the gms) acutally use these forums? I mean product management 101 I would think that they would benefit greatly if thye actually read through the forums and started to fix the issues they sweep under the rug and actually communicate with the community. Look at any other mmo, most of the higher ups do have forum accounts and interact with their communities.
    It would be nice to see someone who can actually get something done effective immediately be on the forums from time to time solving issues and addressing community concerns.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i have a reasonable question, why don't the people who are actually in charge of pwi, like you know the people that can actually make stuff happen and call china (obviously higher than the gms) acutally use these forums? I mean product management 101 I would think that they would benefit greatly if thye actually read through the forums and started to fix the issues they sweep under the rug and actually communicate with the community. Look at any other mmo, most of the higher ups do have forum accounts and interact with their communities.
    It would be nice to see someone who can actually get something done effective immediately be on the forums from time to time solving issues and addressing community concerns.

because PWE doesnt give a rat *** about its players. As long as the money is rolling in with all the problems the game and community has, why do anything?
  • DeadlyAlice - Dreamweaver
    DeadlyAlice - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    why does it take so long to get a CM for us? xD i mean are they extinct or what?b:shutup
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's quite concerning, there hasn't been a single game of theirs that has had such a long period of time without a CM present. Not a game they actively care about, that is, they have a track record of having abandoned some games *cough Ether Saga* to fend for themselves till they pretty much die down completely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    why does it take so long to get a CM for us? xD i mean are they extinct or what?b:shutup

because PWI is not the money making machine it used to be.
    Here we go again....
  • Azunai - Raging Tide
    Azunai - Raging Tide Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What happens if 2 factions tie for 1st with the same amount of lands?

Wins who has more cities... someone correct me if I'm wrong.b:surrender
    Allow me to impress upon you the severe mistake you have made...
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited June 2015
    Wins who has more cities... someone correct me if I'm wrong.b:surrender

I believe this has been used as a tiebreaker in the past, yes.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    every player here has the right to word-of-mouth ill ratings of games, publishing bad reviews, the right to limit or eliminate cash shop support, ***** in other threads, start their own ***** ing threads, send nasty tickets to the support staff that offer little to no support or simply uninstall. We have lots of choices but we choose to continue to play with poor support so lets stop ******** out the staff that DO try to help us out and thank them instead huh? If you cant say something nice dont say it at all or uninstallb:surrender
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Managing PWI is not strumslinger's job. He has no responsibility over us and could have easily chosen to ignore our issues instead of trying to escalate them to the people who actually are responsible for PWI.

So getting on his case instead of giving appropriate thanks, and maybe politely inquiring about the state of the rewards from last season isn't going to help anyone. In fact, it's more likely to annoy him into not bothering to assist us as we'd come off as a bunch of ungrateful and whiny children. Instead of calling the person being logical an idiot, think about it for a second first.

Thanks for the extra effort, both of you!

Normally I would agree with you and say "Yea I made a bit of a rash jump on him" However my statement wasn't really directed at Strumslinger. Am I thankful for his help? Of course, it is awesome he is helping. The problem is this has been a problem for several months. PWE Really dropped the ball on this one and have put it off and put it off for a long time. My comment was directed mainly at the "Higher Ups" I get on PWI every day almost, I submit tickets and try and assist GMs with the game and post on forums (less compared to what i used to) to mostly try and do whatever I can to continue this game and help players etc. etc. and I am sorry but their lack of care for what the players want/need or were promised is just horrendous. I won't nor do I have a reason to hold my tongue about this. If they want to throw some childish hissy fit because they are being called out on their **** and the fact that they bungled this then they have no business to their positions in the company.

People put GOOD money into this game and it's not like we are asking them for r9rr. The person that was above me was never being logical he was calling someone in idiot for standing up to the company. If anything more people need to do that and THAT is logical. I have done my part as a player to try and help the GMs out in my own way and it would be nice to see that the higher ups are actually doing their job for once. This fiasco is becoming just as bad as the freaking DQ one. Although I do not believe it is possible to surpass that huge **** up on their part.

I still remember when I made the first thread that made them decide to finally stop doing stuff without telling us when I called them out for changing the writing on DQ items without saying they were doing that on the patch notes then all of a sudden they decide after I made my post that they would tell us they were phasing out DQ, something they clearly knew they were doing way before I made that post. All in all PWE screwed up here and they need to fix this. The big factions put tons of coin in game into bidding on TW territories in the hopes to win the season and get the rewards PWI offers so PWE could at least not **** this up.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    To make a long post short... your "to the idiot above me" and subsequent section of your post was in response to someone saying that we should thank strumslinger since what he did for us just now isn't actually a part of his job.

And he was responding to someone who was very much on strumslinger's case rather than a general PWE higher ups thing.
    (Insert fancy image here)