ideal genie set up

demansfairy
demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Stormbringer
So a question, what would be an ideal pvp genie (8x lp)set up for an end game SB? Should I sacrifice holy path to have both faith and expel? If not, would expel+domain or faith+domain? Should I start with the vit genie for the flying speed increase starter skill or the dex (?) Genie for the chance to purge skill? Would a high dex, mid vit and magic genie be better for extra 1 sec holy path and to have wind sheid, or would a straight up high magic and vit genie work better?

Post the genie skills and stat destruction you guys think would work the best please.
full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
Post edited by demansfairy on

Comments

• God__himself - Archosaur
    God__himself - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So a question, what would be an ideal pvp genie (8x lp)set up for an end game SB? Should I sacrifice holy path to have both faith and expel? If not, would expel+domain or faith+domain? Should I start with the vit genie for the flying speed increase starter skill or the dex (?) Genie for the chance to purge skill? Would a high dex, mid vit and magic genie be better for extra 1 sec holy path and to have wind sheid, or would a straight up high magic and vit genie work better?

Post the genie skills and stat destruction you guys think would work the best please.

No no no never lose holy path on any genie or any class. It is even more useful on SBs when fighting sins, barbs, and bms in PVP.

I can't say too much about genies in PVP but I personally like running a 100 MAG 45 VIT genie for fast energy for my Holy Paths, ADs, Tree of protections, etc. I can survive pretty long utilizing genie defensive skills with apoths and class skills but I sacrifice some other things. I know many others like to have Occult Ice and such other PVP genie skills but I myself don't like genies with low energy regen and such.

The downsides of a defensive genies though is that I cannot finish some r9s off if before their charm ticks in or they IG against my Perigean Tide, my Triple Spark, etc. so I end up fighting some for minutes in a stalemate.

LINK: http://ecatomb.gdevtalk.net/pwi.ecatomb.net/skill.html

First, I'd definitely look at:

Holy Path
    Absolute Domain
    Extreme Poison

Then as you choose more if you have enough attribute points:

Heart of Steel
    Tree of Protection
    Fortify (useful for IGs when Lunar Swiftness is on cooldown)
    Faith
    Occult Ice
    Wind Shield
    Expel

You could always check out this no longer updated version of ecatomb to see each genie skill at each level and their energy costs, stamina costs, required attribute points.

I am not the best person to answer this but it would be my suggestion.

PWI YouTube Channel: -> youtube.com/channel/UCTBXOoQ0a4Y2tXg8XnzvVBg

SweetHara lvl 105-105-103 SB -> mypers.pw/1.8/#141749

God__himself lvl 105-105-102 Cleric
  • demansfairy
    edited May 2015
    No no no never lose holy path on any genie or any class. It is even more useful on SBs when fighting sins, barbs, and bms in PVP.

I can't say too much about genies in PVP but I personally like running a 100 MAG 45 VIT genie for fast energy for my Holy Paths, ADs, Tree of protections, etc. I can survive pretty long utilizing genie defensive skills with apoths and class skills but I sacrifice some other things. I know many others like to have Occult Ice and such other PVP genie skills but I myself don't like genies with low energy regen and such.

The downsides of a defensive genies though is that I cannot finish some r9s off if before their charm ticks in or they IG against my Perigean Tide, my Triple Spark, etc. so I end up fighting some for minutes in a stalemate.

LINK: http://ecatomb.gdevtalk.net/pwi.ecatomb.net/skill.html

First, I'd definitely look at:

Holy Path
    Absolute Domain
    Extreme Poison

Then as you choose more if you have enough attribute points:

Heart of Steel
    Tree of Protection
    Fortify (useful for IGs when Lunar Swiftness is on cooldown)
    Faith
    Occult Ice
    Wind Shield
    Expel

You could always check out this no longer updated version of ecatomb to see each genie skill at each level and their energy costs, stamina costs, required attribute points.

I am not the best person to answer this but it would be my suggestion.

Ty for input.
    Anyone else want to give some suggestions on what an ideal genie should have/be?
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well I wouldnt take off holy path, thats a good skill. Whenever its faith or expel to keep would be depend on how squisy you are / how easily you find yourself dieing. If you think you can survive pretty well I would pick faith, it's so handy.. But if you are too squisy against BMs long paralyze I would pick Expel.
    Fortify is a must for me. It's always nice to be able to IG with low genie energy cost without being depended on your antistun skills. and of course if you see incoming stuns it's a nice skill too.
    Absolute Domain I would also pick, just because.
    Rest skills is a bit more free to pick.

Purge skill is troll but the chance is so low, and stormbringers already have magic resistance debuff the skill also offers, making the genie skill totally useless and wasted 90% of the time.
    Wind force is cool, though personally I dislike flying on my stormbringer. But it can become pretty handy in TW and NW. I would only keep it as long you dont have to remove another skill that you wanted because of it.
    Extreme poison for damage if you feel like it?
    Wind shield handy for damage reduction, you can become pretty tanky.

If wind force is picked, that already covers all the slots for a LP81+
    Normally I wouldnt pick such as oxygen bubble/heart of steel and other element immunities because - at least on my server - I dont feel those are threating me enough. Wind shield reduces damage for everything so it covers (almost) all my needs. Soul of Fire is the only expection - we have some scary wizards here. I do see a lot with nullify poison though, but I guess our veno population is pretty high too.

Normally I would only suggest this to LP91+ genies, but if you are on the high end of the 80's, maybe it would do... (would defo recommend vit+mag genie gear first tho)
    Put a bit dex into the genie.
    40 dex is perfect, it only takes 1 point per stat since we keep it that low, but its exactly where duration of expel is increased by 1 second, extreme duration increased by 4 seconds, fortify by 1 second, wind shield offers 5% more damage reduction (i guess?) and wind force duration increased by 1 second as well as increasing the speed bonus by a few % too.
    Im sure some people would think this is a bad idea though, but I plan to do this on at least my clerics genie whenever I get a high LP one for her. :p My veno and BM stole my best genies QQ

Ecatomb not the best place to check out genie stuff - I prefer Asterelles PWI Genie Affinity Calculator/ more as its so user friendly, but if going into details with VIT/MAG/DEX/STR with genie gear etc, then I build it on the mypers calculator.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I prefer AD over Faith for caster due to low HP. With AD you wont die in mass pvp. Faith alone won't save you.

Besides that I can suggest Expel, Wind Shield and Fortify. Add Holy Path, Extreme Poison and Heart of Steel and you got my current skill setup for my Storm.

I'm also using a 80 vit/64 dex/rest magic (dunno exact number but its around 60) genie with 84 LP. Works well altho I really would love myself a 91+ one.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • demansfairy
    edited June 2015
    Ok so I current have a 88/100 lp genie with
    105 vit
    83 magic
    5 dex
    3 strength
    And my skills are
    Wind force
    Heart of Steel
    Faith
    Fortify
    Tree of Protection
    Expel
    Extreme posin.

I'm thinking of getting the dex to at least 40 by lowering the vit and/or magic, and maybe taking away faith, Tree of protection, and heart 90 steel for wind sheild, abs domain, and holy path. Thoughts on this? If I do increase my dex, which stat should I pull points from?
  • Joe - Morai
    edited June 2015
    Ok so I current have a 88/100 lp genie with
    105 vit
    83 magic
    5 dex
    3 strength
    And my skills are
    Wind force
    Heart of Steel
    Faith
    Fortify
    Tree of Protection
    Expel
    Extreme posin.

I'm thinking of getting the dex to at least 40 by lowering the vit and/or magic, and maybe taking away faith, Tree of protection, and heart 90 steel for wind sheild, abs domain, and holy path. Thoughts on this? If I do increase my dex, which stat should I pull points from?

Wind Force is neat for finding Drake..but prett useless in PvP. There might be situations in which it would come in handy...for example on flag maps in NW..but then again you dont wanna waste Your energy for this.

I personally need Wind shield..but I'm also used to playing wizards so a dex built genie always is the way to go for me. I am also having 64 Dex for EP, Expel and Wind Shield...40 dex wouldnt cut it for me. 60 Mag and 80 vit are sufficient.

If I were you I also wouldnt get rid of Heart of Steel as this immunity skill is the one that protects you from most dmg simply cause most classes use Metal in comparision to other elements. I use it myself and never would wanna miss it.

Fortify is also important if you 1on1 vs BMs and sins alot. Saved my Butt sooo many times and is nearly for free. AD instead of Faith yup. Like I said..I wouldnt go with Faith on caster...cept if you are a psy maybe.

XD in the end you'll be using the exact same skills as I do but hey...I'm doing great with them :p

With a 91+ LP genie I would most likely add Badge of Courage and use Heart of steel's spot to switch depending on the foe between Will surge, Soul of Fire and Oxygen Bubble.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • QueNa - Sanctuary
    QueNa - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I prefer AD over Faith for caster due to low HP. With AD you wont die in mass pvp. Faith alone won't save you.. I wouldnt go with Faith on caster...cept if you are a psy maybe.

Faith is good even for casters, especially classes like venos (mostly sage but works for demons too in some situations) vit stone venos or vit build venos have lots of hp and faith is extremely useful. Don't forget you can have faith + AD too anyway (granted you need 105). Works for Clerics and Mystics pretty well too. Unless they need expel for one reason or another.

Even with "lower hp" faith has its uses on casters. I wouldn't dismiss faith on casters. Depends on what they are fighting etc. sometimes resisting/purifying debuffs/long stun/stuff is far more useful than AD in order to survive.
    Lurking forums for years sometimes posting.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited June 2015
    Faith is good even for casters, especially classes like venos (mostly sage but works for demons too in some situations) vit stone venos or vit build venos have lots of hp and faith is extremely useful. Don't forget you can have faith + AD too anyway (granted you need 105). Works for Clerics and Mystics pretty well too. Unless they need expel for one reason or another.

Even with "lower hp" faith has its uses on casters. I wouldn't dismiss faith on casters. Depends on what they are fighting etc. sometimes resisting/purifying debuffs/long stun/stuff is far more useful than AD in order to survive.

Ya it depends..but AD + Faith is in most cases no option cause it will make using some other skills impossible..and I wouldnt wanna see a cleric without expel.

If you are very endgame and you know that you outgear most ppl anyways in mass pvp then yes...faith might also be an option...but in 1on1s or while fighting equally geared stuff...I would refrain from using faith in most cases. Sure against some classes it might be the top thing to purify in the right situation and that is indeed the only real advantage of faith. the purify. But...as for stuns you always have a cheaper alternative. Badge of Courage.

As a storm...mhm...Faith would be simply too expensive for my genie built. Faith is ver dangerous anyways. if you use faith and dont come up with something to kill/cc your enemy then he will know that your genie is completely gone and that you will be absolutely defenseless afterwards. IMHO faith is too risky overall for Arcane classes.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • demansfairy
    edited June 2015

I do like heart of Steel but I find wind force to be really really useful in open world pvp, nw, and tw, the fact that you can hit max speed in the air makes it less costly holy path (my genie regen all the energy I spent on the skill before the 15 seconds cooldown is up). And the fact that I can't relearn it if I get rid of it makes in learning that skill not an option for me.
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited June 2015

vit/magic set up... holy path-faith-domain-extreme poison-wii surge,last of your choice.. i choose wii surge in case your attcking a psy

I think AD is good to join in with the SB skill that restores full health an on demon add AD effect at the end of it..
    oh yea that set up is built for a lvl 105 genie if you decide to go 105
    Bahamas represent
  • QueNa - Sanctuary
    QueNa - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    real advantage of faith. the purify.

You know faith can also resist a multitude of things right? "But you can prevent them with AD too!" but then your AD will be on CD even after your genie recharges, in a moment you might really actually need damage immunity instead of resisting/purifying other things.

Somehow i get the impression you treat casters like they are 3shots or something. A geared one can take enough hits to use faith, even in places like tw. A good faith genie is also not completely empty after using faith... if its built right they will still have either EP (if they are going for attack) or Fortify (if they need an IG shortly after for whatever reason).

Having the faith and AD on genie has been far more useful than having to always resort to AD (or IG) when i have to resist a paralyze, SoG, purge, serious debuffs etc. and then when I need a quick immune its on cd (or when i need to resist something again, it's on cd). Only reason not to get faith on caster is imo if 1) they don't have the gear 2) they have chi problems so they need CE 3) they have to avoid lots of phys damage so they need expel (like clerics in tw, archers are often on cleric kill duty there) and and ofc if they aren't 105 yet.

Also consider the offensive uses of faith, not just purifying and running away taking damage. How about breaking of stuff like nova for example, you can't use badge of courage to get away, will surge will only prevent the seal etc.

If you dont like faith on casters sure, its all fine but don't spread wrong info like "faith isn't good for casters" and misinform people. Plenty of casters use faith genie (and they might have another genie with AD+expel for other situations).
    Lurking forums for years sometimes posting.
  • acblack
    acblack Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    88/100 LP
    180 VIT
    1x STR
    1x DEX
    1xx MAG

*Absolute Domain - saves my **** from pesky sins all day long
    *Cloud eruption - lvl 1 only but always chi on demand
    *Extreme Poison - inject it with a poison just to watch it die
    *Holy Path - greasy fast speed is what i need
    *Tree of Protection - healing skill and helps to not die from heavy hitters when AD is on CD
    *Wind Shield - evasion is kinda moot but like the increased defense against melee
    *Tangling Mire - before or after i vortex them in place and lowers pdef for assist attack by melee class

might someday hit 105 and spend the cash on 91+ and get Faith on genie but if you dont know about it then you cant miss it.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    What is with all the necros?​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.