How to deal with SB?

Options
silverbot
silverbot Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Barbarian
I did 1v1 pvp with SB and the result is tragic. It was low lvl SB with more than 8m/s movement speed. First try I 1-shot it and that was it. The other player corrected his mistake and i couldnt catch it no matter what I tried.
Since the game has natural lag and melee chars cant attack targets moving away, cause they get out of weapon range the sec you stop to attack.
I tried to get close transform and use Onslaught, but range is too short.
Just for fun I tried pvp with a stupid morai poleaxe and almost killed Wiz with way better gear than me. And then I have no chance against a SB lvl 70.
So there are a few questions about this situation.
Is my lag that much that i cant play pvp against moving targets?
WTF is with that SB speed?
How do you deal with SB in general? Is it even possible without genie?

PS: SB had 10% speed on boots, nothing else speed related.
Post edited by silverbot on

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    A Ranged skill, beastial onslaught. Berserkers Wrath is another good one.

I believe there are other skills too, one of which hits even HA chars for quite a decent amount of damage especially when they're debuffed by devour, etc.

EDIT: Sorry... I just reread your post... you mentioned you tried it... got lost in the wall/me just skimming over it.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I can't speak for how to deal with it, since I don't play Barb, but the SBs have a skill that ups their movement speed by a fair amount when used for an acceptable amount of time. Their Reaper form also increases their speed.

It does sound like a genie skill might be needed, one that slows or stops the foe...
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide
    Kittysama - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    For a barb moving targets are indeed quite a pain without Ancestral Rage. Probably the best way to make them stop (without AR) might be Occult Ice or moving pre-emptively slightly past them in their movement direction and using Alacrity hoping SB's not smart enough to use some CC to stop barb's attacks.

Even though demon wizzie alone was a nasty opponent for a barb, SB's something far worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kitty's finally posting again as Kittysama after long break caused by avatar-bug(now fixed).
    Leader and all other members of Kitty-faction(a.k.a. Kittyarmy, greater than your blacklist)!

Kitty ish most unfortunate Kitty in Perfect World.
  • silverbot
    silverbot Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    or moving pre-emptively slightly past them in their movement direction

Thats what I usually do in PVE, but experienced players know what Im trying to do and change direction. Considering their speed buffs and the game lag, practically its a slim chance of success.
    Note: Inexperienced players are not in question here.

It seems that the SB is the natural predator of barbs. Or maybe Invoke is the option till SB transformation runs out. And then barb should take his chances.
    SB does lots of dmg, so on equal gear, things will be over in a few sec...
    I forgot to mention that situation is made worse by my str build, so i havent put a single point of vit. I also didnt buff myself, but considering the other player was lvl 70+, i shouldnt be in so much disadvantage.

Maybe Joe would have some ideas, since he is playing both classes.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    im not on my barb atm so id have to check, but isnt there a barb tiger form skill that immobilizes?
    ive been doing that on my bm for a while now. immobilize then start a stunlock. I do realize that this would be harder for a barb, but its something you might wanna try.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • xoinix
    xoinix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    im not on my barb atm so id have to check, but isnt there a barb tiger form skill that immobilizes?
    ive been doing that on my bm for a while now. immobilize then start a stunlock. I do realize that this would be harder for a barb, but its something you might wanna try.

Ancestral Rage. 20meter range. 1min CD. 1spark cost. immobilized for 6secs.

Problem with that is if the barb and SB are in a usual 1v1 instead of rpk/mass pk its not likely they'd get that close. SB range is 27meters (not counting the extra range skill which puts the range in the 40+meters).

Another issue that if the SB knows what your going for the anti stun will block the immo. and the barb would be down a spark. Maybe hope for a gof crit.....
  • Roar_King - Sanctuary
    Roar_King - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I use Ancestral Rage and Alacrity to stop them.
    Faith, Holy Path and Occult ICe on genie can help alot.

At all, not an easy class to fight for a barb.
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    Options
    its a arcane class - just zerk crit into oblivion ...
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Oh the Necro...​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.