Heaven or Hell?

Desdi - Sanctuary
Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Just for fun I guess...
Regardless of the cultivation of your character(s), which side do you like the most? We often discuss class cultivations in terms of game play, but what about the aesthetic side of it?

Do you like Momaganon, or do you prefer Lothranis?
Do you think the Demon fairy/fairies are cool, or do you think the Sage one(s) is/are better?
Do you find the teachings of Demon more intruiging, or is Sage where it's at? (From the quests.)
What about the triple sparks?
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
Post edited by Desdi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Demon 100 culti fairy is just the best, okay?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Do you think the Demon fairy/fairies are cool, or do you think the Sage one(s) is/are better?
    Do you find the teachings of Demon more intruiging, or is Sage where it's at? (From the quests.)

I prefer Momaganon because some parts of it just look very cool and the.. lets call them towers and/or buildings look way too weird. awesome place.

Clearly the demon fairy look the best especially when your toon is celestial of demon and you have the awesome little demon besides you. (The very first demon fairy also looks like a burger which is a plus XD)

I barely done any quests on the demon or heaven side so i dont know. Also i barely read the quests to begin with.

The spark itself is character dependent but on my sin demon fits me the most because i barely pvp at all and farming is where im comfortable with.
    Other then that i would probably go sage for obvious reasons (dmg reduction while solo and overall some benefits beeing sage as a sin).
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Prefer Lothrains
    - Just because it seems more adventure like such as a brand new journey.

The 99 Demon Fairy as well as the 100 Celestial Sage Fairy, they show prominently.

Never paid any attention to the text so can't say really. :/

Triple sparks had to be the Demon, only because of its vibrant color, the Sage is not much different from the prior sparks. Maybe a Deep Blue or even a Yellow would be more visually appealing.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    I like Momaganon more too, because it has an eerie and ominous atmosphere that I find rather unique. We do have other dark areas in PW, but nothing seems to match Momaganon. Lothranis is really nice as well, I just felt like it wasn't that special in comparison.

For the fairies, I like the Sage one in the first stage (more than Demon one that is), but I love the Demon ones in stage 2 and, especially, stage 3. Plus, I really love purple so... :P Stage 3 Sage fairy is pretty cool too, though.

The teachings I mentioned are more or less these: Sage is about giving up worldly desires to help your spiritual growth. Demon is about embracing your passion and your desires dedicating your life to them/accomplishing them. I could be a little off, but I think these are the themes. I've no particular preference between these two.

As for the triple sparking, I agree with GreenLegend. Sage is the same as previous sparks (just bigger) so it doesn't stand out like the red colour of Demon's spark.

Thanks for the answers so far! It's quite interesting to read about what other people think.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Momaganon definitely has the more interesting design. I love the random things like giant chains stretching off into the sky.

Hamburger fairy is best fairy.

The quest storyline is pretty interesting if you bother to read it. The sages are actually the evil ones - their inflexibility led to poor decisions in the past history.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    The quest storyline is pretty interesting if you bother to read it. The sages are actually the evil ones - their inflexibility led to poor decisions in the past history.

Wow, I must have missed that o.o that's quite interesting. Truth is I never got around to doing all the quests, at least not the Sage ones because I was too lazy with my Cleric back then.Totally didn't bother with the quests with later toons xD
  • Enthana - Heavens Tear
    Enthana - Heavens Tear Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Personally i always preferred Lothranis, its one of the best places to take dreamy romantic-ish screenshots at which Im all about . In general i prefer the look of the sage fairies since they usually better match most of the fash I have but unfortunately most of my chars are demon. Demon fairies can be quite annoying with that red/purple light in screenshots >_> I do like the the 2nd stage demon fairy but I strongly dislike the 3rd one since its purple which is a color i was never very fond of .. D: (sorry Desdib:chuckle).
    Triple sparks had to be the Demon, only because of its vibrant color, the Sage is not much different from the prior sparks. Maybe a Deep Blue or even a Yellow would be more visually appealing.

^this pretty much sums up what I think about the sparks and I can't say anything about the quest line story since I never bother to read them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zero_Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Zero_Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lothranis is immediately appealing, while I think Momagnon takes a while to really appreciate. I prefer Momagnon, of course. <3 I love the area around Renegade, the giant spider, and Drake Prison Pool is probably my most favorite place in-game.

I like second stage Demon fairy best--Celestial Sage is pretty nice, too. As for spark--I love Demon Spark on casters. I've never played melee classes, so can't comment there.

Personally, I think the teachings of Sage would be very difficult to live by. But I don't agree with Demon philosophy, either.
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like Lothranis more, only because I tend to appreciate the beautiful more than the interesting dark of Moemagon, but then I haven't travelled Moemagon much yet (main toon is Sage and haven't gotten a toon up to Demon quests there).

Demon spark is definitely nicer for the visual effect, but I have to say the sage chi buff is so much nicer than the demon chi thing. It's the one thing I'm going to miss on my Demon toons.

The quests in both sides are interesting, for all I haven't done much of Moemagon's yet. But I love the story behind most of PWI's quests, so I am sad most people don't pay attention. There really is some nice stuff written into the game.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Lothranis.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I love both the first stage fairies. The sage is so cute and the demon is a burger soooo how can i resist? I always wished i could choose which fairy to keep (so i could have one of the baby ones without limiting my skills)!

The sparks are both meh to me.

Monogomonimoninomon was always my favorite it doesnt even seem particularly dark to me. It always feels like quiet peaceful cool summer nights star gazing or something. And no i never bothered to learn how to spell it b:sweat

And i love the demon cultivation since it is more about understanding all sides of nature.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    Demon spark is definitely nicer for the visual effect, but I have to say the sage chi buff is so much nicer than the demon chi thing. It's the one thing I'm going to miss on my Demon toons.
    Ah, I forgot about these too. I like Master Li's Technique in terms of appearance because it's nice and shiny. Mo Zun's Taunt is subtle and kind of eh xD but in terms of gameplay... I don't know.

Getting chi is nice, but stealing chi is useful too. Plus, Mo zun's Taunt has a 30 sec cooldown vs. Master Li's Technique's 60. Well, I guess the Demon one is more potent on Venomancers because they can use it along with Chi Burn and Crush Vigor, but I also like it because you can use it from range and it's a quick little debuff you can use on anyone. Both are good in their own way though, but I digress. This isn't what the topic is about xD
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Honestly... I can't choose between the areas. Both are amazing for their own reasons and I thoroughly enjoy both of them too much to pick one over the other.

For sparks and fairy, Demon is best hands down. Not only do they get the 89 burger but on top of that their spark actually looks awesome. Sage spark is basically just the logical continuation of 2spark (single and double spark do differ visually some) and really doesn't stand out much. Even when you're experienced enough to tell the difference at a glance and from a distance sage spark is still kinda meh looking compared to Demon's red flash of awesome.

As for their lore and worldview... considering Sages are, in essence, the bad guys, that kinda says a lot as is. Both of them are pretty bad the way the NPCs present them, but Sage feels like you're getting slightly more screwed over. Delve into the plot further and it turns out that sages are indeed **** things over. GJ inflexible unbending teachings!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ProudAngel - Archosaur
    ProudAngel - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No love for the celestial sage fairies? I always thought they were adorable. And.. definitely Lothranis over Momagnon. I just don't go for the dark look. I loved Lothranis instantly the first time I saw it. Can't say anything for the story as I've never read it (shame on me :c). As for the spark animations, I never thought either one was special. The red stands out, but I never thought it was pretty. Sage spark should be white and glittery cause shiny is my favorite color b:cute
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Big text ahead. Removing my cyan color to spare people's eyes a bit.

Mmm... I find Lothranis very predictable at first glance. A heavenly place with gorgeous landscapes. Momaganon on the other hand might surprise. Some hidden areas have very spooky designs. I'd say both are worth exploring. Even the two unused instance entrances you can see in the map are there. What lies beyond them no one knows. Actually we do know it was meant for fb109.

I like all sage fairies. Don't like the purple 3rd stage of the demon one and agree, that lighting screws up screenshots. Though sometimes the sage one is just too bright. Despite that, I like how their glow changes a character's appearance from a enlighted sage who gave up his wordly desires to a darker power-thirst demon who will do anything for what they want. I'd say demons feel more alive. Sages seem... boring in their resolutions.

Interesting how one path gives up of desires and the other fights hard for it. I don't remember how the culties are called in chinese, but I think they are something like serenity and madness. I might be confusing with some other thing. It's been a while.

Master Li helps the devout enter Lothranis. At start of sage culti he said "Defeat your own evil, then you can be elevated, physically and spiritually". So, sages become strong by vanquishing their demons.

Mo Zun helps the strong willed. He said: "A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic". This leads to demons becoming stronger purely because they want to.

Abaddon holds the demons who grew tired of searching for power. Meanwhile, in the Seat of Torment, all hell is breaking loose. Iirc, SoT is a prison.

Erupions reflect the paths. Sages becomes more resilient (reduced damage), demons become more powerful (increases speed/crit). I like the demon eruption because of the red appeal.

I haven't done much of the quests in the areas afer 100, but I think both sides are kinda screwed somehow. Both seem to be trying to fix or achieve something.

P.S.: I've always wanted to punch Nibu Ru in the face. NPC I hate the most in the entire game. Demons who read the lv99 culti will understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for all these replies, it's really interesting to read how other people view the two cultivations b:victory
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Demon 100 culti fairy is just the best, okay?

this b:thanks
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lothranis looks vibrant and feels alive. Momaganon looks and feels dying and decaying. I suppose this is intentional. I prefer Lothranis, and feel they could have done a bit more with that Heavenly Music Pavilion up there. With demons emphasizing pure power and passion, I feel there could have been a bit more of a fiery side to Momaganon though...
    The stage 1 and 2 fairies of the Sage side are nice looking. I dislike the third stage - if I had the option to customize that fairy, I'd leave it at second stage. For the demon side it's just the opposite, the first stage is hideous, but the third stage looks quite nice.
    Do you find the teachings of Demon more intriguing, or is Sage where it's at? (From the quests.)
    I've not done the full demon cultivation yet. From what I see is that it emphasizes personal freedom and accountability, but I've only done demon 89 culti...
    The sage cultivation is intriguing, and kinda shows the inverse of what I was expecting. To be sage is very restrictive, borderline self-oppressive. But few people play it that way. It's not exactly a role playing game...

As for the sparks, the Celestial Eruption visually looks too much like the 2 spark. It should have been yellowish/golden in my opinion. Functionally they make sense, the sage one being defensive and the demon one being offensive.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Mmm... I find Lothranis very predictable at first glance. A heavenly place with gorgeous landscapes. Momaganon on the other hand might surprise. Some hidden areas have very spooky designs. I'd say both are worth exploring. Even the two unused instance entrances you can see in the map are there. What lies beyond them no one knows. Actually we do know it was meant for fb109.[/COLOR]
    These instances were used and were farmable for skills. I still miss them a bit b:chuckle

As for the topic, I like Momaganon more. It looks dark and mysterious. After getting my first fairy I used to spend alot of time questing, farming and herbs grazing there. As a result, I know every corner there visually, like at home :D
    Demon fairies are also seem better except 2nd one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Elsariel - Sanctuary
    Elsariel - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Demon world is... far more interesting to say the least, both world wise and lore wise.

Sages give that impression of very beautiful and 'right' on the first glances but behind that patina of purity and righteousness, there are secret horrors waiting to jump in. Their path would be difficult to realistically follow even for our toons/characters, skills aside, to be honest. It is very restricting, repressing and full of strange sacrifices.

Demons seem to value individual thinking and pursuit of wishes more, but it didn't leave the impression that it is just the way for 'selfishists' and people without morals, necessarily evil. It's the most human in a way, because we all just want to chase after our dreams and accomplish them in some way, shape or form.
    I also find it interesting to note that most of the game's forbidden love Quest stories had a Demon involved that simply ended up horribly wrecked by Sages. b:chuckle So much for finding happiness?

Though, the map. The map... Momaganon has by far more nooks and crannies to explore, hidden things and surprises, the melancholy of the world is noticeable in every detail and even in the more desolate reaches you can still feel something... Magical.
    Think it is more of a place to face the things we might consider 'ugly' inside ourselves and see how they can actually be something beautiful in their own way.

It is a misunderstood world, that most would find horrible and creepy, outright depressing, but it takes knowing to unlock the wonders. And that in my own eyes is by far more valuable than what is clearly shown at first sight in Lothranis.

So, eyep: very biased. Hell!

Fairies and Sparks wise, in terms of color palette both are somewhat appealing, but rich reds and purples are more subtly eye catching than the outright brightness Sagies exude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Now we're all mad here."
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide
    Kittysama - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Kitty's usual font colour tells it all about which she prefers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kitty's finally posting again as Kittysama after long break caused by avatar-bug(now fixed).
    Leader and all other members of Kitty-faction(a.k.a. Kittyarmy, greater than your blacklist)!

Kitty ish most unfortunate Kitty in Perfect World.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Momaganon - because there are many melee mobs.

Because there flowers can be gathered without any problems.

Demon Wizards are fast casters in comparison with Sage Wizards.

Since they cast spells faster they gather almost same amount of chi during same time.

Demon spark is different from any other spark.

Since this game has not any story behind "kill or be killed" quest, then Sage and Demons have not good or bad actions behind these words.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hell have a couple really cool places where heaven is just nice overall. I probably like heaven the most.
    1st fairy, demon looks like a pumpkin, sage is little and cute.
    2nd fairy, demon gets pretty damn cool but sage looks like it got peed on.
    3rd fairy, demon is decent, the color is very pretty though. Sage is very beautiful to me.

I haven't paid attention to the story for any of the questlines. Maybe next time, I have an upcoming demon psychic and sage duskblade.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)